Constant crashes

Detailed system specs and logs are best. Videos of the crashes aren’t super useful. As far as I know it would just show a unity crash screen with little to no info.

After the current patch i’m getting crashes 100% of the time during any boss completion after about 5 seconds. Was able to pass spymaster by zoning to the other zone after his room before the crash happened, but now am stuck at the in-game dialogue after Immortal king. Can run game for hours without single crash until I reach these points on this character and any other character.

Because that’s happening at a specific point, you will probably have good information in your logs. Please submit the logs to a new thread for this.

Brilliant short term solution. I was about to give up playing due to constant crashes, followed your instructions and back loving the game with no crashes. Thanks BlueFlame.

Same as everyone here, crashing every couple of minutes. I tried the Vulkan wrapper but the game won’t launch with it. Uploading logs.

Crash_2020-06-03_181036491.zip (555.8 KB)

Thanks for the logs irud, we are sorry you’re having this issue, we are doing our best to solve it as soon as possible as we know it is very frustrating.

Literally can’t progress at all at this point as my crash occurs between my saved location and the next objective and occurs in less than a minute from game start.

Crash_2020-06-03_224351103.zip (317.5 KB)

i’m also still unity crashing, even with the above mentioned fix, so now i cant play the game until you devs fix this.

Don’t know if it will be of any help for debugging, but I’ve noticed that after Unity crash my pc runs sluggish (like it’s at 30hz/fps or something). I have to go to display adapter settings, change it from 144hz to something else and then back to 144hz to fix it. My best guess is that it crashes the video driver.

My card is 5700xt with the latest (20.5.1) drivers.

It helped for me switch details on “very low details” played the 3 zones where I got instant crashes and after them back on high details.

Yeah there’s a topic on LE Steam forums about very low graphic settings fixing crashes. I’ve tried it and so far it works after 1+ hour of gameplay (I’d have crashes every 5-10 minutes before). You just need SHADOWS on VERY LOW, other settings don’t matter.

1 Like

Now I just set the shadows on very low and all other graphics other on medium or high and it works too on zones I got instant crashes before.

1 Like

Settings shadows to very low worked for me as well. Had been crashing every 5-10 minutes, now nothing for almost 2 hours. Ryzen 3700X and 5700XT.

Still unplayable. The inability to fix this in a timeline manner, especially considering all of the feedback and crash logs being provided, is worrisome. This is how games lose players, I hope that doesn’t happen here because I had really high hopes for this game. However, until this is resolved I’ll be spending the little free time I have playing something else.

Because it’s not the same error. Random crashing that most people here have (with 5700 series) is fixed with setting shadows to very low. If that didn’t help you, it’s completely another problem.

1st of all I love the game, but in the right now, i cant play it, and continue testing the game.

I have almost try everthing, reduce de graphics to low, restart the new caracter class, update de drivers. The wrapper vulkan solution work indeed for me, but the stuttering with wrapper active give me headaches.

Like almost all people on this tecnical forum, im using AMD setup. All others games i played, i got 0 problems with no crashes at all.
I think EHG should give some priority/love on tecnicnal development, to constant crashes on AMD setups.

My setup:
Ryzen 3600@4k
16gb@3k
Rx570
SSD 512gb

The shadow quality trick don’t worked for me. I still crashing after 5 minutes or less… AMD setup, Ryzen 5 1600, RX 580 8gb.

Agree with you. Every patch I need wait they patch bugs before I cant start playing again.

I understand that, my statement wasn’t insinuating the issue was the same. Having access to multiple log files & reports would actually support the ability to determine the root cause, or causes, of these issues. That said, like so many of the others who are reporting issues, I am also using a 5700xt.

Thank you mate!