[Build] Sorcerer “Discharger” Build Guide [Beta 0.7.7F]

Game version

0.7.7F… 1st ver.

My video: (at level 83, in 0.7.7F)

Main skill
Mana strike (1 k dmg from mana storm node & Spark Charge node each/crit hit)

Triggered skill
Enchant Weapon (1.5 k dmg / crit hit) Triggered from Conduit node in Enchant weapon.
Lightning Blast (5 k dmg / crit hit). Triggered from Unlimited power node in Static.

Discharger Build Guide (Beta 0.7.7F)

pros/cons

・pros
New style lightning caster.
Good DPS.
Any idols are unnecessary.
・cons
Ultra brittle. (In this guide, there are no enough protection / dodge / ward. Defense abilities depend on stun/shock effect, only.)
Noisy skill effect sound.

Important Unique gear

Prism Wraps
Prism Wraps - Unique Leather Coat - Body Armour - Last Epoch Item Database
Stormtide
Stormtide - Unique Iron Greaves - Boots - Last Epoch Item Database
The Invoker’s Static Touch
The Invoker's Static Touch - Set Sapphire Ring - Ring - Last Epoch Item Database

Explanation/Synergy

Offense:
Mana Strike
Lightning and Spark charge spells are triggered by melee attack.
So, it is important to increased attack Speed instead of cast speed.
These spells scale with increased spell / lightning damage only, so there is not so valuable with increasing INT. (Maybe)

Enchant weapon
Zap are triggered spells in Enchant weapon.
Similarly, this spell scales with increased spell / lightning damage, only. (Maybe)

These 2 skills has enough hits-count to apply multiple shock effect, and what is more only a few mana cost.
For example, in theory, Mana strike can deals 3x shock even if 1 attack. These from Itself’s hit, lightning’s hit, and Spark charge’s hit. (Maybe)

Lightning Blast
Triggered Lightning blast by Static helps to deal high damage to enemies.
This skill scales with INT, but I felt that this is wasteful to increase INT only for this skill.

Defense:
Therefore, I threw away INT and Ward style.
Dodge chance and protections are useful yet, but I prioritized stun chance more than these defense abilities.

If you need more survivability, please swap to gear and node to INT/Ward or Dodge/Glancing blow style instead of Shock / Stun style.
It will reduced dealing damage but I think it may be keep enough one.
Also, I think that it is helpful to swap Lightning burst / Static skills to specialized Flame Ward.

Stats (at level 83)

Normal

At max buff, increased spell damage around to 600 % , and increased lightning damage 300 % (no fig.),

Current gears (In preparation)
Passive tree (at Level 83)

Mage

Sorcerer

Spellblade

Active skills

1 Mana Strike

2 Enchant Weapon

3 Static

4 Lightning blast

I am stuck on deciding whether to choose Convergence node (hits-count for shock effect) or Focal Blast node (for high damage).
But in this guide, I choose Focal Blast for priority on appearance. :grin:

5 Teleport

Feedback from this build
  1. I tried same style build in Spell blade because I want to use triggered Ice nova from Ice ward skill, but Spell blade has not enough Spell damage / spell crit node on the passive tree. So, it could not deal enough damage compared to specialized to lightning.
    I wish if…if Ice word could to learn on lower layer in the tree…!

2. I wish that if Distant Spark (Sorcerer’s passive : 6% cast spark nova / crit) has no distance limit, and it can deal damage to the enemy itself instead of around hit enemies.
    If my wish comes true, I’m not reluctant to throw away all defense abilities at all. :crazy_face:

3. I need avant-garde ideas to make more survivability without sacrificed high damage. :heart_eyes:

Thank you for your interest !

3 Likes

Looks sick :love_you_gesture:

Indeed the sound effects may get annoying after a while…

Screw survivability! Not every build has to be a n Arena Killer. There will be other endgame modes and multiplayer. This will change a lot.

Nice guide!
Falling in love with the mage more and more. (hope this doesn’t sound weird because he is an elderly man :mage:‍♂ - I mean the character concept)

Edit: Did you ever try Lightning Blast with convergence and hypercharge? This is a beast of a skill on single targets.

4 Likes

I’m with RawSuicide on this. If you think Focal blast is a lot of damage, try Convergence. Convergence is worded awkwardly so it’s a bit deceptive in its capabilities.

With Focal Blast, you do damage in a straight line with a 50% increased damage bonus for each chain you would do. As to whether that 50% increased damage is a base damage increase (multiplicative with other bonuses) or 50% increased damage in addition to your other damage bonuses, I’m not 100% sure.

With Convergence, though, lightning blast’s chains hit the same guy - the chain right back on the target. Based on the damage I’m seeing from it, I believe each one of those chains also counts as a separate hit so now you’re definitely scaling out base damage and on hit effects also.

I combine convergence with insidious conduction and the ward nodes (effluent defense 2/2 and positive protection 2/3) to generate about 2000 ward during boss fights with very little effort.

Convergence really shines for single target DPS. If you need to scale out some AoE for Convergence you’ll either need the nova effect after the blindness nodes or you can take a more traditional route of Cloud Answer + Final Spark which is a nice way of adding in enough AoEs to pop packs.

I’m not sure if it’s possible to apply multiple spark charges to the same target but that’s probably because Final Spark seems to work very well for pack popping.

Just my two cents. cool build!

3 Likes

Hi, @XLVI_carpo, @Spectr4l

I chose the Focal blast because it’s brilliant in appearance, but Convergence seems to be better as you said.

Now I calculated again about shock, stun, protection.
These calculate might be wrong, so please take with a pinch of salt. :pray:

shock chance

This Mana strike can hit 3-times / attack. (though there is a 0.7 second lag on the 3rd hit).
And the attack speed is increasing at least 100 % from passive node / gears / skill tree, so It can hit 6-times while 1 ~2 seconds.
Additionally, Zap can hit 1 time / sec, and Convergence can hit 9-times / cast.
(The chain by Convergence also has a slight time lag.)

Approximately, I think that It be able to hit 10-times / second considering all of attack (including casting lags) in maximum.

Now this build has around 300% shock chance (110 % from stormtide, 69 % from 2x The invoker’s static ring, 16 % from passive tree and 100 % from Shock armor node in Static’s ) by spell , and 600 % shock effect.

Result:
According to theory, It can grant about 210-times shock while 1 -2 second in maximum. (10 Hits x 3 (from 300 % shock chance) x 7 % (from 600 % shock effect)), with my current gear.

Next, about stun chance.
It can reduce about 21,000 Stun Avoidance while 1-2 seconds. So, if the enemy has 20,000 health, they fall to “hell of stun” while only 1-2 seconds.
Even if enemy health is 80,000, I think that enemy may fall to “hell of stun” while 4 seconds (shock expiration time).

Last, about lightning protection,
Even if the enemy’s health is 80,000 and our dealing damage is 1,000 / hit, it can deal up to twice as much damage after 4 seconds because lightning protection also reduces 21,000 / second.

Further, because It can gain more shock effect and shock chance by item crafting, It may be able to stun enemies more and more easy in a shorter period.

**The remaining mystery is whether these spells (Zap from Enchant weapon, Lightning and Spark charge from Mana strike) scale with INT or not.**

If it scaled with INT, I think that INT/ward style like @Spectr4l is the best than my crazy offensive style.
After all, as long as we can continue to attack, it is not impossible to continue to stun enemies that even if they have 100,000 healths.

I also wish that this guide will be useful for balancing about penetration, protection, shock, stun chance and so on in this game.

In fact, I was not really confident about this build because it has too less defense ability.
But now, I feel that this build is an kinda interesting by re-calculating some factors after recieving your advice !

Last but not least, thank you very much for your advice ! :handshake:

Edit : fixed calculate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.