patch 3.10 :
Testing out bone curse specced into the bleed nodes (cloven flesh) and armour shred nodes (defile defences) and mark for death, on the target dummy.
Using a single skeleton mage = crits 300, bleed damage 400
Using a single skeleton mage with bone curse on the dummy = crits 400-600, bleed damage = 400.
Skeleton archer = crits 600 , bleed 700
skeleton archer with bone curse = crits 700, bleed damage 800
wraith = hit damage 200, bleed damage 1200
wraith with bone curse = hit damage 200, bleed damage 1200
wraith with bone curse and dread shade = hit damage 200, bleed damage 3500
wraith with dread shade = hit damage 200, bleed damage 3500
4 mages + 7 archers = impossible to see numbers for hits, but assume they are the same as above. Bleed damage cumulative = 6K
4 Mages + 7 archers + bone curse =impossible to see hit damage but bleed damage goes up to 9K briefly.
There are noticable changes, but those changes do not make sense.
- Why would the mark for death not give a noticable 25% increase to damage of all types?
- Why would the bleed and armour shred from bone curse be so inconsistent? It seems that the armour shred cap now makes speccing into it even less useful?
- How exactly does bone curse even work - it says when the enemy is hit, but does that include if a minion hits it? If a minion hits it who applies the bleed, the player, or the minion? Or if it is reflected damage from nowhere, does the bleed not get any buffs from minion or player damage increases?
- If armour shred gets capped now, then it seems to only be useful for hit damage builds, and has no effect on bleed. Is this a reasonable interpretation?
- Compared to dread shade, which has 100% increased attack speed and 160% more damage (with expected 300% damage multiplier) giving the exact numbers you’d expect, it seems that bone curse is bugged somehow. Maybe the mark for death is not working? Maybe it just doesn’t work on the practice dummy? Maybe the bleed chance is not working, or doesn’t proc with minion hits? - in which case the skill descriptions need to change. Maybe bone curse doesn’t work with wraiths for some reason?