Arena (too easy?)

I cant answer this.
Im still recovering from being blindsighted with MoF being gated to after campaign.
Try me again tomorrow.

1 Like

You just did.

I somehow managed to miss that in the blog, so thanks for that. It’ll be interesting to see how they handle this. Will it be for every timeline you do (tiny bonuses for timeline #1, growing as you progress)? Or will it be larger bonuses at specific milestones (every 10/20 timlines)?

The bonuses could help the more casual end of the player base progress further.

But they could never have equal weight; the 1000 question test would always be the better indicator.

I personally find Arena much more fun than Monolith. If you are going to half my time in there then I want double the keys.

Arena isn’t like that. As you go higher your success becomes more dependant on your skill than your gear or build. And of course on your luck with the enemy types, and how often you get Rust Land (which is BY FAR the hardest Arena due to lack of space and traps, for me at least). When you die it is usually sudden, unexpected and down to a stupid mistake, not because your build/gear got overwhelmed. Put another way, my best Arena char can hit about wave 150. However waves 100 to 150 are never, ever uneventful. If I ran 5 Arenas in a row I might die at wave 80, 30, 130, 90 then my “natural” 150 - the huge variation all being down to mistakes on my part and some luck. If you now let me skip 149 waves and start at 150 every time, I will likely push 200 but it would be completely artificial. I think this is a very bad idea.

1 Like

Oh btw the votes on this thread are likely meaningless. I pressed the Vote button expecting to be given a choice or poll of some kind, but instead it just added +1 vote to the thread. No idea what I was voting for.

You “likely” didn’t read the replies to this post. Crucial and Macknum agree with the OP (me). Thanks for the bump. This one was almost dead.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.