Arena (too easy?)

How bout this:

Unique items and or rare affixes that drop ONLY within certain waves of the Arena?

For example to get a certain affix you literally have to farm “waves 200-300” and hope it shows up in the barrels after every 5th wave.

“how did you get that item?” “It drops in the Arena during waves 200-300”

Or titles given… to players who reach certain lvls?

Dunno…I’m just trying to make Arena more interesting.

Gating items behind content that can be impossible to achieve for casual gamers is a no no

1 Like

Then we need to halve the difficult again so it takes you 20 hours! That’ll prove your stamina!

I think titles wouldn’t be a bad idea.

If you jist wait till release I already committed to a 48 hour minimum stream

1 Like

You are going to stream for 48 hours?

Could we get a 96 hour stream?

“Taiwanese gamer dies after 40-hour Diablo III session”

But still…

Yes.

No, I cant even stand myself for that long

He wasnt the boardman

In all honesty though, we don’t want you carking it.

And thanks for fixing the quote marks thing.

From what I heard he is turning 30 soon, and his parents told him that they were going to charge rent after his 30th birthday. So this is a win win for him. Either he gains enough followers to pay his parents or dies of a blood clot from sitting for two days.

I’m hoping for the former. I’ve signed up on twitch and followed him (313th follower on twitch). Lets start a grass roots movement…

SAVE BOARDMAN21!

They could simply make wave 100 equal to wave 1000 and most peoplewont have any issues in the first 20 waves.

So is that a “for” or “Against”?

1 Like

Amd then everyone will complain 20 waves is to easy amd we should just be able to start at 20.

I can’t wait for the new mono and everyone just completely forgets about the arena

But how will I get my e-peenage?

100% agree with the points made by the OP.

Having a game mode that is about “how long can you do the same thing over and over again without getting too bored to forget to heal yourself” is not good design.

There either needs to be a checkpoint system, or waves need to get much harder much quicker.

1 Like
  1. I disagree about “everyone” complaining if that were the case. Come on.
  2. I also can’t wait to forget about the Arena.

Nah Let them complain all the want. I think faster arena rampup will be far better then a slowpoke journey to higher levels of the arena. I simply dont want to grind 200 useless waves untill the fun begins. I have no problems with grind but the ramp up speed in the arena is a bad joke.

1 Like

I don’t think this suggestion is about punishing players who push high waves. I like this suggestion because it would save time. I’m thinking about voting yes. Another way to save time, is to use a checkpoint system.

With the crank it up faster solution, we would have less kills and therefore less experience.

I like to use arena for leveling. So I’m leaning towards the checkpoint system. I can still kill a lot of waves in arena if I want to. But I can also skip to the harder waves if I want to try and push.

2 Likes

Not being rhetorical, do you think this excerpt from the patch release blog suggests the possibility for exactly that (gating a permanent buff?)

“Conquering a Timeline grants you the choice of three randomly rolled Blessings which provide permanent buffs inside and outside the Monolith”

Edit: “And, if you’re lucky, you may just find a powerful unique item exclusive to the Timeline you conquered.” <<< sure looks like a “gate” to me.

1 Like