Affixes on staves

I was looking at crafting a melee staff for a Warpath build & I noticed that while staves can have a variety of melee affixes (eg, added damage, melee crit chance) it can’t have attack speed or melee leech which seemed a bit odd.

It was designed as a caster weapon. There are little mage affixes for melee weapons too.

Which is fine but then why can you craft the added melee damage & increased melee crit on them?

Because there are melee caster skills ingame and the Spellblade is centered arround that kind of attacks maybe? I haven’t played for some weeks but that’s the first thing that slipped my mind.

So if there are melee builds that may want to use staves, why can’t you craft attack speed on staves (this is more of a request than a question)?

Theres suppose to be drawbacks give and takes for using certain weapons for certain chars. Minion damage over time is limited to 2 handed staves and 1h scepter. Mana regen is limited to wands and 2h staves. Honestly 2h staves should not have the amount of physical damage that they do. I will always be afraid a 2h sword would hurt me more than a 2h stick

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.