Add Frostbite Damage to "Other Stats" page

There is no indication in the character page of the base cold damage of Frostbite - like ignite, bleed and poison do.

The patch notes describe increases to Frostbite damage, but nowhere states the base damage.

Would be really useful to show it.

1 Like

I agree.
On top of this. Frostbite lowers the freeze threshold by 200. But what does this mean? Is it worth stacking 80+ frostbites on a boss in attempt to get close to permafreze or is I a waste of points?

I would like to get more clear in game what the effect is.

2 Likes

Indeed, it would be good to know. I did find in Tunk Lab a list of ailments and their base damage values - really good site to look through. FYI, Frostbite has a base damage of 25 over 4 seconds.

It is worded as “freeze avoidance” so I wonder if it works like “stun avoidance” and “critical strike avoidance”. And does that mean that chance to freeze now works with 2 separate layers?

First, it is dependent on mobs current life and players freeze chance.

And now do we have a second layer to go through, that no matter what the mobs health and the players freeze chance that the freeze can be completely avoided, like a freeze-dodge?

Ignite does base 35 over 3 seconds = roughly 12 per second and can be applied without using any specific damage type.

Frostbite does base 25 damage over 4 seconds = roughly 6 per second and can only be applied with cold skills.

Frostbite used to do 15 damage over 4 seconds in 0.7.9 and was upgraded in 0.7.10 to have the new freeze avoidance (did not exist before 0.7.10) stat and to increase base damage by 133%. 15 + (15*1.33) = 34.95 (rounded up to 35), but Tunk’s Lab lists the damage as 25.

@Sarno can you please give players a bit more info on how freeze avoidance works, and maybe also look into improve frostbite damage/application options while you’re at it?

There are 8 passives spread throughout the Mage trees that can improve ignite chances and/or damage. There are NONE that apply to frostbite.

Frostbite is only available on some skills, head and armour affixes and 1 weapon so is much harder to spec into than other ailments due to no passives and also requires additional affix slots of freeze chance in order to take advantage of frostbite as the damage alone is very underwhelming.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.