Abomination testing: Is it worth it?

initial duration testing using skeleton warriors and rogues: (note, warriors have 75% bonus hp from tree)
1 warrior: 24 seconds
1w1r: 27 seconds
1w2r: 28.5 seconds
2w2r: 32.5 seconds
~~
5w6r: 43.5 seconds
`
2 (blood) golems: 37 seconds

`
1 death knight (Skeleton mage): 23 seconds
4 death knights (skeleton mages): 33 seconds

Everything (6 warriors, 5 rogues, 2 blood golems, 4 death knights, and 14 wraiths for good measure): 61 seconds.
Conclusion: The abomination is tuned in such a way that it’s not intended to live for much longer than a minute.

Damage testing

1 rogue: average hit ~400 on training dummy, aprox 800 dps after factoring in acid flask and attack speed
Abomination version: average hit ~470, aprox 600 dps as he has no spells in rogue mode.

1 warrior: average hit ~400, aprox 500 dps after attack speed
Abomination version: virtually identical to the rogue test, more dps if talented for warrior consumption skill.

1 death knight: average hit ~240, approx 600 dps after attack speed, mortar, and hungering souls.
Abomination version: average hit ~550, approximately 700 dps (more if specced for mage consumption skill)

2 golems (i had no option to only summon one due to talents): average hit ~310, aprox 350 dps individually.
abomination version: Average hit ~650, aprox 900 dps (with stomps if talented for it)

due to the inconsistency of putrid wraiths vs normal wraith spawning, i chose not to include them in the damage test.

Everything (minus wraiths) estimated dps: 10,400
Abomination version: average hit ~1400, aprox dps 2,000

conclusion: The abomination is a tremendous nerf to your damage and is severely under-tuned for absorbing large packs of minions, do not use under any circumstances, you’ll get far more mileage out of dread shade.

1 Like

I havn’t done extensive endgame testing yet, but i am using it for my temporary/expandable summoner build, where i am using skeleton mages skeleton archers and loads of wraiths.

I don’t have exact numbers, but as far as i can tell for my build it last way longer than 1 minute. Like 2-3 minutes(without the big nodes that half the decay). I do have alot of leech for my miniosn which probably also increases it’s lifetime in the long run.

I did spec into consuming at 100% rate with 2 minions at a time, so i can quickly consume all my minions, which are at the current time 11 archers, 4 mages and 20-30 wraiths.

The damage from it’s attacks felt pretty underwhelming but it kept aggro and was very tanky.

true, and when i did duration testing i didn’t have them attacking anything, so leech, i’m sure, would play a factor. however the duration i didn’t really find to be an issue, as even 60 seconds is more than enough time to fully summon my army again in prep for a new abomination. the main issue its it’s pathetic damage. to put it another way:
“Why would i sacrifice 100% of my damage to gain a minion with 20% of my damage?”

1 Like

Good topic and good analysis.

Indeed, Abomination is currently bugged in few features (for exemple consumming minions do not increase the damage outpot).

The only good effective feature she has is Stomp, which occurs very frequently (1-2 secondes) compared to the others special absorption feature (like Double attack).

Another problem it’s the slownless of the monster. It may logical, but others minions (particulary Wraith and Skeletons are faster to move and clean the map, due to improved moving speed I think).

But Assemble Abomination is such a great and unique skill. It just need more attention.

She? Did you give her already a name? :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you mean generally more damage or the node that does increases it’s damage with each minion consumed? I davn’t tested the actualy damage output based on the number of consumed minions yet.

1 Like

Currently the standard 30% extra damage is not adding on, the node that gives extra % per minion does work however.
Also, the node on the bottom-right that gives extra damage per kill is broken in that it increases the damage far beyond the 10% (or 25%) stated in the tooltip. I haven’t done too much testing, however I noticed it increasing damage by 1000% at times. Most likely this is a bug, but at current it brings the abominations damage closer to what it should actually be.

1 Like

Haha its because in french abomination is a feminine word :smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.