Abomination -> Corrupt Palate and Emprisonned Horror nodes are very underpowered

There is already a very worthwhile topic on the Abomination but it is already full enough : Abomination testing: Is it worth it?

So here is another topic on our beloved Abomination ^^

Corrupt Palate :

https://imgur.com/7adBilr

I tested Devouring Souls more. I also summoned the maximum number of mages, 6, and used the Frighfull Feast node, which increases the number of Souls per mage consumed by +1.

Few things :

• Devouring Souls is currently a very underpowered ability. The damage inflicted are negligible, even with six skeletons mages consumed.

• The cooldown is very high. 8 secondes, like the Double Strike ability. I envisioned a much faster spell, for an abomination that would do mostly damage with its spell, than with that direct damage. Alas no.

In addition, the spell sometimes seems to be buggy. Souls are thrown in front of enemies. The majority do not hit any enemy, they finish their course straight ahead. Few souls appear sometimes to spin around and come back to hit enemies (although their damage is very low).

The spell seems to be cast only in melee. That is to say when the abomnation is engaged in melee. It’s a little contradictory with the idea of ​​a remote spell, and above all, it makes the use of the nodes of the type Emprisonned Horror much less interesting.

Hint: In addition to a good necessary buff from this right branch, I think you should consider synergizing Devouring Souls with the player’s Hungering Souls. Hungering Soul is already a fate very little taken by players. Very unattractive, and very little synergistic.

The problem is, the two spells are different. Technically and visually.

So synergy may not be possible. In any case, she is with the Hungering Souls of the Death Knight Mages Skeletons.

Imprisonned Horror :

https://imgur.com/QikoYPv

Static minions should either be much more powerful or be able to shoot from a distance (but do more harm) to compensate for this immobility.

Here the shooting from a distance is not possible, as soon as a combat sequence is finished, it is necessary to recast the abomination.

Here, we are not on More Damage (the multiplicative bonus), but on Increased Damage (+ 60%) which is much less powerful.

I suggest switching to More Damage otherwise I doubt this node will be attractive (especially since it increases health decay by another + 15%, bringing it to + 65%!).

Another thing: this whole right-wing branch is expensive in skills (it takes 7 skills to reach Frighfull Feast), and these skills tend to greatly weaken the Abomination, because its life time is significantly reduced (+ 40% decay).

The design of the whole skill is very good, we feel that the Abomination has been designed in several possible optics: pure hitter with high attack speed, necrotic damage hitter, big thing that spits arrows and spells in all directions. But for the moment the realization does not follow.

But I trust in future improvements. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

what we’ve generally agreed upon (although we’re pretty certain it’s not intended) is that the damage only increases by minion type (so once for mages, once for skeleton, once for golems, once for wraiths, etc) while only hp scales up with minion amount, so even with the talents that grant like 15% damage per minion, it’s scaling off of a 3-4 type damage golem so is incredibly negligible.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.