You have gone overboard with the telegraphing

On the other hand, you have people whose machines don’t provide beautiful, clear, crisp visuals to understand necessarily when a monster is performing something you need to avoid.

Take the Sirus fight in Path for example. On a good machine, you can see everything if you pay attention and reliably dodge his mechanics. On a lower-end machine, the images get distorted and blurry so it’s incredibly easy to lose track of the boss in a field of similarly colored objects and pixels and feel like you died for no reason because you couldn’t make out what was happening.

I can see your point, but I’ve been in plenty of situations where I felt if they would just show me where the damn aoe is going to land I could dodge it, otherwise I’d never see it coming because the screen is cluttered and I don’t run a setup that costs multiple thousands of dollars.

I think Last Epoch’s boss design is more or less on track to be fair and consistent if you learn the mechanics and gear appropriately which is, in my opinion, the most reasonable outcome to expect out of a game like this.

The telegraphing of attacks how it is implemented currently was demanded by the community some months ago. Because there is a lot of screen clutter due to skill effects and hordes of enemies. Personally I like the clean telegraphs we have currently. Many games do it this way and it prevents players feeling treated unfair.

I agree that with bossfights there could be solutions with wind up animations and sounds that prepare the player for when an attack will be launched. It’s already in with Lagon’s eye becoming red before he unleashes his beam.of doom.

But you then have to learn the skill mechanics like timings, range, widths and so on. People propably would not be able to beat a boss on the first try.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.