What do Shadows actually do?

I struggle to know what debuffs and buffs I get tbh, as they don’t stay on long and some of the symbols aren’t that obvious, unless you know what to look for ofc.

If you wanna see what debuffs you apply and how efficiently, test things at the dummies. At the Arena. You can learn quite a lot about how skills work and which skills are bugged.

2 Likes

Aye, nice one. Thanks, I’ll be sure to test that out as it’s hard mid fight to test those 1-4 second buffs! Ive died a few times to dot damage, not realising I’m debuffed! :joy: I wish the edges of the screen went red when you had a DoT on you!

This mechanic was introduced with the Rogue class. To my knowledge this has never been applied AGAINST a PC. But, as @yawan mentioned, we don’t have specifics on enemies. That said, if there was a suspicion of this happening, I think, by now, it would’ve been tested and confirmed.

1 Like

Let’s hope we know all the data then. :slight_smile:
It does seem horrid when I sometimes get 1 shot. That being said, it could be that I have only about 2100 health/ward so I’m probably just not able to tank whatever it is that kills me to death. :joy:

2100 is your total? On the surface that IS pretty low but it also depends on all your other defenses. Resistances set. Then there’s armor/block/dodge/glancing blow/parry (although parry is new and hasn’t fully been implemented.)

If you’re in Empowered monos (level 100) than every point below 75% in a resistance means the enemy is doing 1% more damage to you. so if you’ve got something like 55% Void resist, that enemy is doing 20% more damage to you each hit. And note: that is MORE not INCREASED.

1 Like

I’ve capped all my resistance but armour and no parry of glancing. I know I need to work on my build but it’s hard as I’ve not had any good drops (except the red ring 0LP though). Most of my uniques are 1LP, so I’m waiting to get a good drop and I’ll progress again. :slight_smile: I want to use Titan heart and a 2h weapon for the theme of my Vampire Rogue and Nurgle knight.

1 Like

Well don’t count that as ‘only’ good. I’ve been playing since the Red Ring came in the game during Beta and I’ve NEVER dropped one. :crazy_face:

Tunk has it.

1 Like

Eek! Hope one drops for you soon then matey. :hugs:

I do have a rune that duplicates items, so I was thinking of using it on that but, would it be worth it with 0LP?

I don’t know if you can use a Rune of Creation on uniques since they do not have any Forge Potential. But honestly I’ve never tried.

1 Like

Oh, good catch. I think you’re right. I think I was also told the same thing a couple of weeks ago! That’s the thing when there’s so much to learn. Some of the info drops out of your head. Doh!

1 Like

My advice to you would be, forget off-meta and homebrews until you’ve got 500M-1B gold. Just grab the strongest build in the game and rush to 300+ corruption. In 10 hours above 300 corruption, I’ve made more gold than in 250h below.

LE is terribly unbalanced, and playing with a weak build is miserable. As my first build in the Cycle, I was baited by cold Swarmblade. It’s a fun loop but not only is it underpowered but also needs like 5-6 rare uniques. Rare uniques are unattainable for beginners. I switched to ballista falconer, and I’m literally dealing 50 times the dps, most BiS uniques are common so 2LP is cheap, and it’s a breeze.

For bladedancer, just go with shadow daggers. You’ll need Smoke Weaver and Wings of Argentus, though, and both are rare.

However, it’s faster to just start a new build than to keep pushing a weak one. They should really fix balance asap.

Gold and racing to end cap doesn’t bother me to be honest. I’d much prefer to enjoy the journey and have a fun time, even if that means going slower. I’m 97 on my Melee poison warlock and almost 60 on my rogue. Playing with a weak build makes for more fun because I know that when I manage to do something it’s because of my ability and not a walking simulator. I can’t imagine to think how people can sit in front of a computer and do nothing but click 1 button for X hours in their free time!! :flushed:

If racing to end cap and waiting for loot to drop is the only thing you look for in a game I think you need to try some new games. I’m not trying to tell you how to have fun, as we all have it differently. I just feel that most people “work” games these days and just make gaming a “routine process” instead of actively seeking fun.
I think we play this game very differently indeed. :hugs:

1 Like

For got to add, I have these but I really want to use the 2h vampire sword for the /flex. :joy:

oh, i have no idea why but it keeps going over my head that you want to do a two-hander rogue.

Paging Dr. @Llama8. Dr. Llama. Dr. Two-Hander Rogue Llama.

1 Like

Because I had that sword drop and I thought it would be cool to lean into it and see what I could do with it. I’m not convinced that Sentinel or Primalist would have been any good looking at their abilities. I thought that the rogue had more abilities that a vampire might use. Being fleet footed and agile helps the theme too and the node in the Falconer tree for 2h swords helps a little too.
I would have loved to have used Dancing Strikes, but it’s dual wield so I had to use Flurry. I’m also using shuriken as bladed armour, Smoke Bomb, Shift and currently using sync strike but may swap that for mirage later when I unlock it, not sure yet and ofc it’s bleed and leech based.

My Van Helsing build I’m thinking of will be using all the toys and gadgets to capture monsters, so I’ll be using Falcolner and the following abilities. Target Dummies, Nets with Caltrops, Ballista, Flacolnry, Aerial Assault and Explosive Trap. Obviously that’s 6 abilities and I don’t have a basic skill yet, so I’ll have to narrow it down a bit when I’ve the time. Target Dummies and Explosive Traps will be the abilities I think should go. :thinking: hmmm

You’re going to want to try and stack as much attack speed as you can. Both base attack speed and throwing attack speed then to stack bleeds. You might also consider Salt of the Wound gloves and possibly a Valdyr’s Chalice.

1 Like

I have the Sword, Relic and Boots for the build. I’d love the gloves but they’ve eluded me thus far. All my drops are 0LP though. /sigh :joy:

Okay, so I spent some time this morning mucking around with my Falconer. I’m just at level 90 but I’m in Empowered monos. This is what I’ve come up with so far.

I like the fast play of tossing out the nets and how they hold the enemy down. I added the Falcon because we all know Vampires use “Familiars.” :wink: Plus if you throw out nets. Pop your Falcon, you start amassing a good amount of bleed stacks.

DISCLAIMER: You have to play really fast. The 10 extra passives will go into capping passive Glancing blow to 100% and then fill in a few other places. It’s not even remotely optimized (i.e. attack speed still pretty low, crit multi for more penetration, etc) but I doubt this will get much higher than around 200 corruption. I’m not the best player in the world (understatement to say the least) so take that for what it’s worth.

All this is to say if you find some inspiration in this great. If not, no worries, I just like toying with things as I find it fun to try to tinker.

1 Like