Wave 600+ Lich Build

haaaaaaaa Working Thanks !!! way better

1 Like

So looking at the build, you stack damage over time and poison damage, and your main source of poison damage is a small bit from tree, and the Plague Bearerā€™s staff. You donā€™t actually have any DOT in the build besides that. Really seems like the build is being carried by the staff. Almost everything else is focused on defense. Not an objection to the build really, just commenting cause it sounds like the build will be borked if the staff gets nerfed.

roughly 90% of my builds will be ā€œborkedā€ if boardmanā€™s plague staff is nerfed.

EDIT: when i say ā€œmyā€ builds i mean what i have showcased on youtube, no all are mine, this one in particuliar is built off of @LizardIRL Build.

Except, as I have mentioned before, the staff isnā€™t actually that ā€œOPā€. Yes, it gives up to 250% chance to poison, while the best other ailments can get is 210% global ignite on Soulfire, 200% melee ignite on the Eye of Reen or 170% (global ignite) on the Torch of the Pontifex. You could argue that Plague Bearerā€™s chance to poison should be reduced a bit, but the staff doesnā€™t provide increased poison damage like Pontifex & Eye of Reen do.

Doesnt that frostbite weapon get 500% ailment chance?

Yeah, Iā€™d forgotten about that one (itā€™s not like frostbite is a ā€œrealā€ ailment, itā€™s not even on the stats screen!).

Iā€™m avidly waiting for the community to declare that Morditasā€™ Reach is OP & the mere presence of the Polearm can carry you into the thousands of arena waves.

Care to explain the differences between your build and @LizardIRL 's and why you made those decisions? I know his build is older but he also got a considerably higher wave than you so I wonder what made you want to change some things. For example a major departure is moving away from the glitchy Renewed Feast multicast + Transplant/Rip Blood mana gen package. Curious to hear your thoughts!

Only major difference is he ran life drain and I ran rip blood. I also only pushed the arena 1 time and got to 646. Lizard lives for arena and has pushed the necro many many many times. Both builds can ideally go forever it comes down to making the right movement choices depending on what mobs RNG has brought. Experience knowing what mobs do what and what element they are will take you further in the arena than just switching rip blood for life drainā€¦

Are you sure he used Life Drain? It looks like he used Rip Blood as well- like I described using Rip Blood + Transplant to regen mana and pay for Soul Feastā€™s Renewed Feast multicasts. Am I missing something?

And how do you figure about the decision to run Renewed Feast, whether for Monoliths or Arena? Setting aside the confusion over whether he runs Drain Life or not, I feel like thatā€™s the major distinction between the two builds.

I watched his stream live he was using life drain. You donā€™t need rip blood to get mana back you can do that with just transplant giving back 30% you jist want as much CD as possible. Also he was using as much cast speed as possible and did not have soul feast recast nodes

Is that so? I suppose heā€™s changed his build heavily while livestreaming from what the history of (UPDATED ON NEW POST) Wave 719 clear (Now wave 1389). My Feedback to the devs! - #21 by Llama8 suggests? Thanks anyways, and keep up the great work, love your content.

That 1175 was last patch. Yeah builds always changing

Hello and thanks for a great guide. I am new to the game, so I want to ask. How do you level this char? Is it even possible to play as a new player with empty stash? It looks great, but i have no idea how to aproach leveling :slight_smile: thanks!

1 Like

Just kill stuff.

This build requires quite a few uniques, plague stafff being one thats a bit harder to come buy, i would recommend just trying playing around and trying things until the uniques are found and then start aiming for this build, its easy to respec everything later.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.