Void Forge Guard BUILD Patch 0.7.8 : The Spirals of Deaths, Hammer Throw with Disintegrating Aura

Thanks you for your positive feedback :blush:

Last Epoch is very specific about the way it spells how the mechanics works.
So unfortunately, added base damage to throw attack will only work on the physical hits of hammer throws, not Disintegrating Aura (would be broken otherwise ^^). the minus 3 mana cost is very good tho, you can see that on my SSF gear i have 2 rings with thoses prefixes :slight_smile:

Donā€™t worry too much about the damage on your gear ^^ Focus on defenses, this build got HUGE damage boost thanks to passives nodes and idols :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why donā€™t you take the hammer vortex node?

Good question, some people already asked the same one :slight_smile:

To put it simply, the increase mana cost of Hammer Vortex node is absolutely not worth it for this build, because when we Hammer Throw, we stand where we are (vs rare mobs/bosses).
Therefore, Hammer Vortex is useless on top of costing us +1 point in the skill tree and +6 mana per hammer throw.

Hammer vortex would only help a litlle to clear trash mobs faster, but we already destroy trash mobs with devouring orb and just 1 hammer throw.
If Hammer Vortex was also improving our single target damage i would say a big YES to it, without a doubt, but it doesnā€™t, so no.

i finished up the story tonight and my only deaths so far were from Lagonā€™s death beam. i really wish we could lunge without a target because getting out of the way manually was just too slow.

on a positive note: in my first monolith with the char, i had what i would assume is insane luck with the RNG, because there were several packs of seige golems throughout the mapā€¦ (i didnā€™t say it was good luck!) it seemed like every time i turned a corner i ran into another pack of them and there were multiple times where i fought 7-9 at a time. it should serve as a testament to how tanky this build is that i survived! i also had to be quick with my manual dodging to avoid the DoTs but thankfully there were enough of them around me that i could lunge as needed.

i tried to snap some screenshots as a keepsake but only after the third time it happenedā€¦ i was trying not to die so they arenā€™t the best shots but you can at least see how many were in such a small space.

siege party

currently i havenā€™t found any of the idols you suggested, so iā€™m still manually casting devouring orb and i have quite a lot of %inc damage on my gear. after that map iā€™m pretty confident that this build will be truly amazing once i can properly gear up.

Yes, the idols are a Huge DPS boost, iā€™m lvl 80+ now and i havenā€™t found any anihilating idols of decay, iā€™m a bit sad ^^ (all my previous ones got modified dued to a bug :ā€™( ).

This build is undeed very tanky, and thanks to Llama8 testing, i found a way to make it even tankier : Future Strike node in the Void Knight tree should procs Regenerator ! :smiley:
That means that we got the double life gain on hit that we had previously !

Would help vs those pesky siege golems (nice party btw ^^)

1 Like

How many points do you plan to allocate to future strike for this purpose?

The maximum : 10 points.
We want 100% chance to proc it, it will double our life gain on hit , which is huge ! (it might be around +400 hp per sec at the moment, it should be around +800 with 100% future strike, it will make dots a lot easier to handle, in particular vs siege golem).
Iā€™m even considering to respec from some other nodes to invest in it directly.
Maybe cut Tide of battle for it or the block nodesā€¦

We stay in touch ! :smiley:

Edit : So i took out block chance in paladin and Forge Guard and will invest again in it later on. You can check the updated tree of void knight in the build :slight_smile:

How do you guys manage fps?`

im running around with 60 fps normaly (1080ti, 4k on medium to high) as soon as all the stuff is in the air i go down to 20 fps ā€¦ 15 sometimesā€¦

Is there any graphic option to fix this? FPS is the worst enemy of the build for me.

With my Shield Throw build, when it gets down to 1fps, I just hold on to the RMB, close my eyes & wait till the sounds stopā€¦

3 Likes

If that would work burning pier is unpassable for me ā€¦ had 6 ā€œunity engine crashedā€ in the first 3 minutes there ā€¦ seems like the fire guys makes problems :frowning:

Yep winged fires crash my game constantly - can you skip a zone in story?`:frowning:

cool thanks for the suggestions, will play around with it as well and see where i want to pull points from.

1 Like

Well, iā€™m not a good example, i got a 5 year old laptop with a very bad internet connection atm (iā€™m talking about 200 ko by secā€¦).

In the middle of a huge pack (in arena), i can drop to maybe 20ish FPS. Which is not bad, considering what i mentioned above ^^
Everything is on low, in particular shadows (poor optimisation)

Y, your build is not lag/internet connection friendly ^^
A bit too many hits :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi, my thanks for this build!!
have 2 questions, does sorrow and steel in void path passives help with damage?
is it wise to use 1 100% shield throw damage converted into void idol?

Thanks you for the kind words :slight_smile:

Well, our build is based around the skill Hammer Throw and not the skill Shield Throw . So this idol is useless for our build.
If you want to use it, Llama8 build which is linked at the end of the build is for you.

Sorrow and Steel damage increase is a bad modifier, flat life is a lot more valuable.

We already have a lot of damage increase with Forge Guard Passive nodes and idols, we donā€™t need more :slight_smile:
Survivability matters ^^

my bad, i am using hammer throw :blush: :blush:

1 Like

@Malestan Question regarding Time Rifts and Harbinger of dust and its interaction with disintegrating aura. Those two skills specifically say they affect enemies hit by ā€œVoid Riftsā€. The hammers create a ā€œDisintegrating Auraā€. Are you sure they would buff those for the increase damage? Even if we used them for an additional damage boosts for the Void rifts created by devouring orb, they wont buff those either because of the Hollow Orb node. Thoughts? or am I missing something here?

Void Rift is an exclusive spell created by Volatile Reversal when we use it : itā€™s created once at the arrival and once at the departure : the nodes Terminal void rift and Incipient void rift are the ones creating this effect.
The void rifts of devouring orb wonā€™t apply the debuff of Volatile Reversal, because even tho itā€™s the same text, itā€™s not coming from the same skill, would be way too strong otherwise :slight_smile:

The node Harbinger of dust state +30% increase damage taken (so all type of damage, including Devouring Orb an physical damage of Hammer throw (but the damage is low) ) and the node Time Rifts read +60% in damage over time taken.
Both stacks with Disintegrating Aura :smiley:

Do you have any passive specs for level 81-100?

Sure, there is 3 ways to spec your char after lvl 88 (this is when you invested 20 points in sentinels, 25 in void knight, 55 in forge guard and 5 in paladin) :
You can put all your remaining points into the Node Powerful Throw in the Forge Guard tree, it gives you per point +7% dmg on disintegrating aura and +5% ele protections when hit, itā€™s obviously very good.

Itā€™s also possible to invest point into the node Battle Hardened, it will increase your armor up to +150% when you get hitā€¦ Armor is really good in this build because if you got the right gear for it, necro and poison damage will be dealt to your armor, and itā€™s much easier to stack armor than necrotic and poison protections.

Finally, the node Infinite Bulwark will be very good if you want to have a very agressive and active playstyle, if youā€™re using all the times your potions to increase your damage by +300% thanks to the node Tide Of Battle.
When you use a potion, this node will give you for 4 sec a buff that will gives you +200% armor and +200% increase chance to find a potion ! Itā€™s very good as well, but situational, and this node is more for players that want to be very active, if you prefer a good passive buff, then the 2 previous node quoted would be better :slight_smile:

Edit : those advices have been now added to the build :smiley: