Tree's Complete Revamp of Primalist Tree

there was a buff to all summoner classes, since summons now have twice as less HP but take twice as less damage. this makes all methods of restoring their health twich as effective. This includes regen, gain (on hit or otherwise), leech, healing. This means minions should now be able to survive twice as much incoming DPS as before.

Here are healing options I remember for Druid:
Skills (aside from obvious heals): Spriggan Form, Summon Spriggan, Entangling Roots, Werebear Form (+20 minion regen node)
Passives: Healing Totems
Yeah, not much in the Passives department.

I don’t get it so enlighten me pls :). Shaman = totems, Beastmaster = Companions, Druid = all over the place. I was hoping to have a beefe non summon dependendclass with Druid and I’m a bit confused by the state of the druid right now.
Yes we get Swipe benefits for Bear Swipe what is nice but outside of this you gimp yourself while in bear form outside of some % resis here and there and buffed dmg that don’t make up for the skillable steroids from roots and jump as well as placing a frenzy totem.
I think the classes should have their own idendity the main class and be a bit outstanding. Druid should get Werbear early and skilltrees for the bear skills in my oppinion. Giving it 50% dmg here, some resi there and interact fully with swipe… feels like a swift kick to the nuts ^^. It’s playeable and more usefull now and not as bad as prior but I still think it’s flawed :).

I’m pretty sure bear form bonuses and swipe more than make up for loss of Roots buff.
From Swipe you get aspect of the panther (35% attack speed, 100% crit multi), and there’s “4% damage per point of Attunement” node.
The bear form itself gives 140% increased damage (100 flat and 10 str), and 150 to all protections, more if skilled into.
And if I understand it correctly, Werebear Swipe has 150% added damage efficiency, on top of all the benefits fromSwipe. Which is literally 50% more damage.

Werebear can also be skilled into having a chance of spawning a totem you are specialized in, on a kill with Ravage. Frenzy Totem might be the best option, when it gets it’s specilalization tree.

It is possible to play Shaman with 0 totems now. They are simply wasting time, you need to stop and cast them. I am rolling with spriggan+wolves+leap+tornado and avalanche(both follow me). All I need to do is cast avalanche 1 time every 10 seconds, rest is running around.

You can actually skill werebear into casting roots for 6 mana with 4 seconds cooldown (Woodland Bear + Ursine Wisdom nodes), for huge melee AoE, and have your steroids too.

It is possible to play Shaman with 0 totems now

do you rely on your minions/spells to produce totems?
With zero totems on the board, what’s the point ascending as Shaman?

Found it but thetooltip is pretty missleading :D.

Sadly there’s not too much synergy in the Elemental abilities that doesn’t revolve around totems. For Lightning, there’s Tornado Lightning strikes, Leap Smash, and you’re likely choosing between Swipe and Tempest Strike for melee. Cold is even worse, as you only really have Ice Thorns and Avalanche. It forces the player to have to decide between increasing minion damage (which includes pets and totems) and spell damage for your own abilities, and whichever one you don’t increase you end up wasting one of your skill bars.

I’d like to work out a revamp of the Primalist skill trees similar to what I did for the passive nodes. It would be a large undertaking and I don’t want to steal anyone’s thunder by monopolizing the Primalist mastery, but at it’s current state, there are several mandatory routes and several useless nodes and I want to help make the useless nodes more useful.

1 Like

Primalist over all is till all over the place skill tree wise I feel. It is the weakest of the classes by a good margin because of this. Tree I for one would love to see what you have come up with and spit ball ideas with you.

My ZooKeeper Beasmaster was 13th in the SC arena ladder, last time I checked

Awesome and glad to hear it. That doesnt mean compaired to the Sentinel or Acolyte that he is on par with either of them because he isnt. Streangth of a class is more then what Arena they can get to.

Hey guys, just popping my head back in to let you know that we are still working on passive changes. I know you were hoping for some passive changes this patch. We’ve got some fairly big changes across the board coming. It will have some pretty big implications for the passives in general and we didn’t think that making the changes twice was a good use of our time. Our goal will be to make mastering for all classes feel more impactful and focused. This will also come hand in hand with the new respec system.

I’ll make a big dev blog explaining it when we’re ready to talk specifics. I’m writing one on shatter strike and the next community skill tree right now.

2 Likes

That is so cool to hear, Mike! Keep up the fantastic work.

Takw your time, only quality matters in my eyes. I realy have no need for a tree revamp everybody hates in a few months. I would even beta test tree changes before they hit live servers if there is any chance ^^.

1 Like

I’m with Zikkar on this one. The Beastmaster petmaster is highly optimized because all of the pets have skill trees and it’s easy to minmax the pets for maximum damage and maximum dodge +leech to keep them alive as long as you can. Outside the “golden path,” however, you have very limited options on what you can accomplish without taking serious hits to your possible survivability.

Druid just got its Wearbear tree finalized, and I haven’t seen any Poison Druids with Serpent Strike turn out very well, especially since they rely on stationary Vines that are useless once you kill everything. All the buffs you get from Swipe, Tornado, Leap, Vines such are too fickle and don’t last nearly long enough to use as useful skills without having to constantly stop and throw off your main skill.

Totems have too many different damage types - you have Lightning (Storm Totem), Cold (Storm Totem + Thorn Totem), Physical (Thorn Totem, Claw Totem), and various buff totems (Frenzy Totem + Healing Totem), so it’s difficult to take one damage type and stick to it without having to branch off too thin. Shaman is filled with multiple Lightning passives, but no main skill to let these passives really shine (maybe if Tempest Strike allows you to specialize in one damage type fully because as it is there’s too much RNG as to what damage type you’re going to get).

There needs to be a lot more synergy between the skills for Primalists and more defensive options to be able to branch out; as there is, there are few mandatory “golden paths” and a lot of lesser paths that don’t really take you anywhere.

2 Likes

Sweet baby Jebus yes and yes again. Thank you Tree that was so well said I have nothing more to add to this except again thank you for such a great post!

2 Likes

You make some great points there Tree. We’ll do our best to get it right. Thank you for the great feedback with actionable suggestions.

2 Likes

Jsut one thing regarding totams… Isn’t it fun to have the choice of many dmg types? You can buff the dmg of those with base modifiers without investing into X element and all work resoanable.
This opens as some room for uniques as well that will buff phys dmg if enemys were effected by cold and lightning dmg from totems for a quick example.

Yeah Serpent Strike, there have been some disussions about this skill in the past and someone told he plays a serpent strike exclusive build but he never came up with the promised video about it. The skill is flawed in it’s foundations in my eyes.

I still think Primalist classes should have their niches like Beastmaster for pets, Shaman for Totems and Druid shape related stuff without pet or totem focus. In my eyes each subclass should be a expert in what it’s there for with the possibility to get some minor stuff from other skilltrees. Some people may call this streamlining I call it class idendity or we may end up like Rift in the later days where you skilled all over the place to get key nodes and that’s that.

1 Like

Anything wrong with Tornado Lightnings?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.