Tips for Crafting

Those items are fine. The formula for instability “cost” is a bit more complex.

There is threshold after T3; low tiers T1-T3 and high tiers T4-T7 are treated differently:

• Any tier above threshold always costs 2 instability.
  • You get 5 below threshold tiers for free, exceeding tiers cost 2 instability each.

I’ll try to visualize this with couple of examples. Each star in the following examples is one tier, I added space to separate above threshold tiers.

Example 1: 5/1/0/0

This item has total 4 tiers below threshold, they cost nothing because you get 5 tiers for free.
2 tiers are above threshold so the total cost is 2 * 2 = 4 instability.

Example 2: 5/4/3/2

This item has 11 tiers below threshold, first 5 are free so tiers below threshold cost (11-5) * 2 = 12.
3 tiers are above threshold so the cost is 3 * 2 = 6. Total cost is 12+6 = 18 instability.

2 Likes

Thankyou for a detailed explanation.

It does make those items with 4/0, 4/1, 5/0 and 5/1 less desirable to craft as they start with higher instability than other items and have the same instability as 4/2, 4/1/1, 5/2 and 5/1/1 items which seems a little odd as it only affects these 4 variations and no others.

1 Like

I updated some things and added others. If you find something that doesn’t feel right, let me know. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.