Blaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmma deleting shit

1 Like

I don’t find shrine very impactful to begin with. They are ok to take if I happen to see one on the way. But otherwise couldn’t quite be bothered with them.

2 Likes

Yes. And my point is for something not very impactful, their strategic positioning is not very relevant.

I hope both get improved. Impactful shrines would make it a more strategic play and its location would therefor matter more. Im sure they will get a boost and new affixes will come.

Absolutely!

Shrines aren’t very impactful to begin with. You’d have to have a crazy high mobility spec to get any use out of them. They usually wear off before I even see another mob.

I only hope they don’t introduce something like conduit, shield and power shrines like in d3. Because they are too powerful, and once a boss fight only lasts 1 sec because of them it’s not fun to play.

I think they just need to introduce level scaling to the the shrines and they will be perfectly balanced. Right now its a 1 size fits all and that poor beetle gets the short end of the stick wave 100+ on a level 100 char

For something like conduit and power shrines, yes you could do that, but for shield shrines that makes you completely invulnerable to all forms of attacks, it’s better to get something like global defense in %.

Oh yes i agree. I dont think an invulnerable shrine would be good for this game, i feel it would take it a different direction. However i could easily see a dodge rating increase/ Armour and protections increase or even an HP increase shrine. Im surprised they even put invulnerable on transplant.

1 Like

Exactly! I would also welcome shrines that can give you a negative outcome, something like more crit chance but monsters have more dodge chance, or more dodge chance but less ward protection. It’s basically a small gamble and you have to adjust your playstyle to the new buff/debuff, otherwise you just click every shrine and you know something good for you happens.

Shrine buffs probably don’t last long enough at the moment and that contributes to them feeling unimpactful or simply running out before you can encounter many enemies. We’re increasing their duration in 0.7.8.

3 Likes

Thats wonderful news! Also will there be any negative shrines added? The original teaser before last patch said that we have to be careful cause its a gamble but every single shrine in the game atm is a positive bonus :confused:

Don’t the shrines tell you what they do before you click on them? I’d put their comments down to marketing guff (and it still has better character development than D3).

Yes I have noticed some shrines are in very weird places.

Example:

I found one after killing the boss for the 2nd shard piece, in the little alcove behind where the portal pops up, where the crates are.

This shrine was a 100% crit one. I found it strange as during the fight that room is blocked off by void slime! Making that shrine total useless!

Wish I had took a screen shot now as proof!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.