Question(s) about leech,

Chat for me is down completely. I’ve read the in game guide. I"ve checked the wiki.

There are 3 leech categories in the character stat window:
1)Damage leeched as health
2)Melee damage leeched as health
3) Spell damage leeched as health

I have 4 “Leaching humble idols” “Damage leeched as health on hit” That add up to 3%
I have 2 “sheltering addorned idols” which offer “Spell damage leeched while channeling” That add up to 3.9%

When I channel I see 4% in the defense stats. I see no indication of the humble idols leech. Do they not apply? I don’t even see them show up in “damage leeched as health”.

So i REMOVE the humbles idols and replace them with 2 more Idols with “spell damage leeched while channeling”

I test it… and it stays at 4%.

is 4% the cap?

Why aren’t the humble idols leech showing up in the simple “damage leeched as health” stats?

Thanks

Anything situational is not shown in the character sheet.

That does not only affect leech, but all kinds of stats.

There is no cap of leech that i know of.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply…

Can you explain why the humble idols (2 wide 1 high) standard leech doesn’t show up in the appropriate stat?

Also, The channeling leech only shows up when I channel (expected) but never goes over 4% (not expected).

Even when I put in close to 8% worth of channeling leech in my idol spots, I only get 4% leech shown in my character stats.

I don’t have much experience with leech from idols. It might be bugged. There are alot of Idol effects that are currently not functional.

I will need to test that out tomorrow.

Those idols only apply to hits, hence the “on hit” at the end of the stat description. This means that they don’t apply to damage over time and don’t show up in the generic leech entry in the character sheet.

1 Like

So the humble idol’s “on hit leech” would be represented by which of the 3 leech categories in the character tab? Currently I can’t get it to show up on either of these 3:

1)Damage leeched as health
2)Melee damage leeched as health
3) Spell damage leeched as health

And testing again after I woke up I am now inexplicably able to get more than 4% to show up in my “spell damage leeched as health”. I call shenanigans!

it won’t show up in any of them, since it’s conditional (the condition being it has to be from a hit). if there was a “damage leeched as health on hit” listing in the character tab it’d show there, but it’d be misleading otherwise. there are various other conditional bonuses like this which can’t be accurately reflected in a concise summary such as the character tab, and you just have to keep track of it yourself if you want to balance your character around them

1 Like

If it said “on hit” (and it does) Doesn’t that automatically qualify it for any melee attack?

No, because a) all spells hit (except ones with the dot tag) as well so would benefit from the “on hit” leech and b) it’s not “melee leech”.

The character screen is a lot less useful than you may think, especially for those leech lines. If there’s any part of the text of a leech affix/passive that would exclude it from those lines, it gets excluded (like the void leech from the Void Knight’s World Eater node).

okay…

Do the humble idols leech work on my channeled, cold converted lightning blast or not?

And just for the record I’m more confused now than when I started the thread.

Lightning Blast hits, so yes, it would benefit from the “on hit” leech. If it was Disintegrate then no, it wouldn’t.

but I’ve converted it to cold and channel. “cold spell channeled intelligence”

and since I have your attention… in the context of Map mods… is Rahyeh considered a 'rare enemy" example “Rare enemies have 120% shock chance”

None of those things affect whether it hits though.

If you had some lightning leech that wouldn’t apply since you’ve converted to cold, and the “while channeling” wouldn’t affect it if you hadn’t taken the node that converts to a channelled skill.

Not sure, I would have assumed yes. You could try getting hit by a named mob in a monolith with that mod on it though to see if it does.

thanks

NP, I’ve even edited in a way to test that doesn’t involve being slapped around by a God (unless you enjoy that, we don’t judge here).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.