Overhauling Defenses in Last Epoch

Thank you!

So cool, itā€™s gonna feel so much more intuitive, I love it

Shred applies before penetration. So resists can be shredded to 0 and then penetration can allow for a lot of extra damage. This will be great for players, but could mean shred is extremely harsh against players.

Presumably Shock is included as part of the Shred changes right? That means Shock effect could be pretty damn strong with these changes.

Shreds are mentioned to happen before the resistance cap. How relevant is this vs monsters aka do they frequently have above 75% resistance? Possibly only in the Monolith when you choose increased resistance options on enemies that already have resistance?

Love the changes canā€™t wait to try them how they are in practice. Iā€™m really glad that you are willing to try things out. And finally we can see some use for penetrations.

Agreed.

I really like that EHG uses this EA/Beta to try things out, they showed more than once that they are willing to experiment with stuff, while still trying to hold true to their original vision. (itā€™s hard to keep the balance right for those things though)

Many other companies use the EA/Beta label just as an execuse that the game ā€œis not released yetā€

1 Like

Very nice. Looking forward to the update!

Amazing changes canā€™t wait to test them out in the new patch. I will definitely be creating a new character to level through the with all the changes. The real question is, FIrebrand or Infernal Shade, hmm.

That is some serious work right there. You all have been burning the midnight oil. Looking forward to it. Iā€™ll probably start fresh.

Happy to see the changes. So GB still exists in its current form but impossible to hard cap? Armor functioning as damage mitigation similar to GB makes armor shredding/penetration useful for hard hitting builds. Itā€™ll be interesting to figure out what the optimal point is between resistances, dodge, and hp.

Finaly this journey comes to an end ^^.

I told you Glancing Blow would be removed, this still isnā€™t good enough but its a start

And going to a logical resistanced based thing should of been done months ago, stop trying to force things that donā€™t work just because no-one else is doing it. Theres a reason they arenā€™t doing it that way (resistances?)

This is exactly my point. this person wants an unoptimal system that doesnā€™t make any sense just because other games ie PoE use itā€¦ Being unique just for the sake of it?

So. Much. Better! Looking forward to see and test this in action.

so shock now will only reduce lightning resist , not all elemental res as it is now?
Seems like big nerf

1 Like

Very interesting changes across the board. Although thereā€™s something not brought up, block/block effectiveness. What do they look like in the new system?

Also I imagine the flip to %age mitigation will give us a hand on DoTs now? Because (while hilarious for the first couple times) a split second of Formsusā€™ necrotic death beam of death could wipe you out depending on what monolith effects were stacked up.

1 Like

i think its a bit low . 90% cap will be nice.
Also skills like aura of decay that gives 50% poison res is separate multiplier now or included in the 75% cap?

Dont get it. Can we have an example?

physical protection is the most important protection in most games, and Last Epoch is not exception to it, because most enemies attacks has physical damage. And in new system we have no ways to boost our phys resist compared to other types of resist.
Hope it will not be a problem

Looking forward to testing out the changes.

There is physical resistance and armor to mitigate damage

2 Likes