Multiplayer

Sarno, thanks for the off-topic!!
As i played and liked Hellgate a lot that time i am always looking for news about that game.

2 Likes

WTF! Hellgate London… I can’t think of a game I was more hyped for. It makes me sad everytime I think about how it went down. It had so much potential! I waited hours to play a couple of minutes at the games convention in Leipzig back then. After the first session I queued again to play a second round.

Also read all the books prior the release. Now am sad again. :sneezing_face:

2 Likes

Love the points you brought up. I really do hope EHG makes multiplayer fun.

:frowning: Yeah, Hellgate was awesome (at the time).

1 Like

Any news on multiplayer release now that we are in the phase it is supposed to be added in?

1 Like

Sorry no, when we do have a set date for multiplayer, it will be very obvious on the front page of our website, steam page, facebook page, subreddit, everywhere.

4 Likes

Will you allow characters with the same name in multiplayer like Diablo 3? I hate having to put numbers and symbols after my name.

I wouldn’t realistically expect Multi to go in till end of year maybe first quarter 2021. I mean at the pace they are moving(Which is a solid pace) you are looking at a proper development time of at least a year or a year and a half still till a full release. Multi itself bring a whole host of issues that will need to be worked out just on its own. Hopefully we get an online and a LAN as well with the multi.

I was really excited when I saw this pop up only to realize its the old thread. Bummed. Feelsbadman

2 Likes

Happen to me so many times.

This time, it fooled me AGAIN! :joy:

It would be nice if we could have an update on what’s happening with this since it’s been two and a half years. Lack of multiplayer is the reason I’m not playing now.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree. This game is great so far and the Devs have communicated a good amount on most things except multiplayer. This is obviously taking some time, and that’s fine, but the complete lack of any foresight or insight into what is going on is very disheartening and concerning. You can only say multiplayer is a top priority and something you are working on for so long before the whole community gives up on the dream. I can wait for this to happen with updates but without any communication on this topic from the Devs, it might be a surprise that comes out next year at some point but by then I, and many others, may be over the hype/waiting and not have the itch that is currently here. Obviously this is a personal opinion, I just wish they would shed some light on this a little…not even asking for a specific date even though I believe this community is owed that at this point.

1 Like

if they had a specific date im sure they would share, but just sharing an update on it would create alot of hype for something and even more questions when there just doesnt need to be. Im sure when MP is close you can expectt to get a full blog on it and everyone will be talking :slight_smile:

I understand what you’re saying, but the hype is already there/that is what a lot of people are waiting for. MP should already be here and that’s the issue. It is now delayed indefinitely and I feel like the Devs owe the community to explain why. Not give a specific date and not apologize or anything like that but to be more transparent. As an example, put out quarterly updates like Diablo 4 is doing. I also understand that they have been putting out a lot of good info which I have obviously been following but there needs to be some mention with multiplayer at least saying what they are working on. Because like I said before, having it be delayed multiple times and for this long already, and then to just keep the whole community completely in the dark feels bad. I think avoiding to put out information to avoid questions is not the right answer at all.

1 Like

Where did they say it was delayed indefinitely?

It better not be, because without multiplayer I have zero interest in this game.

1 Like

It’s not, we never said that.

2 Likes

Which is what I thought, given your statement further up, I just wasn’t sure if something had been said on Discord & not posted here (though that would be very odd if it were as significant as that).

MP has been delayed for an unspecified amount of time which, by definition, is indefinitely. My only point is that I wish they were more transparent on the progress of MP rather than just saying “sometime in the future at some point, we promise.” Again, I don’t need a specific date or anything but even something like “we’re working on ports this month” or “we’re trying to balance levels right now” or whatever it is, that’s all.

The problem is you assumed multiplayer should be here already (something cannot be delayed if it didn’t miss a promised deadline). My question is on what basis are you making that claim?

1 Like