Is the game too dark?

way to dark,many times i dont even c mobs hitting me or what killed me.

Same here.

Also, in the snowy areas, some of the smaller mobs like birds are hard to see and so are some of the ice attacks.

Maybe darken the lighter stuff in light areas (mob colours, spell effects) and lighten the stuff in dark areas (brighter poison pools and blood splatters).

I wonder if the player has a light radius. Sometimes I think it does, some that it doesn’t. This also gives the feeling the character is camouflaged with the environment, which is weird. And yeah, some areas are just too dark.

I also think the game is too dark, BUT, it may be due to the grpahics/render settings - my potato computer only allows me the lowest settings, so maybe if you have every (lighting) option set to max, the game is brighter overall, with additional light sources and more elaborate shaders and stuff?

Yeah for me the variance is a little too great. Some of the zones are so dark I can’t see the mobs, so I move to “Brightest” - but that makes the. brighter zones way too bright. I’m playing on an OLED TV though so that may be part of the problem.

The game is too dark, but more than that, like Rittchard said, the variance, the variety of colors, are lows.

ARPGs tend to be sinister in nature, with corpses, blood all over the place. Personally, I would have liked a game with more cheerful colors.

I don’t even think the colors need to be cheerful. I just need to be able to see what’s going on lol

1 Like

This is a screenshot of Forlorn Streets with Shadows set to Very Low (basically off as you can’t set shadows off).

Shadows Off

And the same image with Shadows on Medium (better shadow quality than Low)

Shadows Medium

I love the shadows in LE … especially the low sun/long shadows in desert areas. Really nice.

However, the impact on darkness is huge in some already dark areas - and there are darker places than this, even with shadows on very low (Magma Arena).

Also, I have to turn Shadows to Very Low (off) in Arena to stop the FPS dropping to unplayable with lot’s of mobs and spells.

YES, WAY too dark. At times I can’t see what the F is going on. Mobs can sneak up on me easily. Really takes a lot of the joy out of playing.

Yes, it’s very dark. The Magma Arena stands out the most to me, I’ve died so many times walking face first into packs I can’t see. Any ground AoEs with Red/Green tint blend in completely with the ground.

I find myself switching brightness settings pretty often when I’m doing arena.

2 Likes

Yes it’s too dark, i have brightness at bright, if i turn it to very bright then the skills become too much flashy and tires the eyes :o

I scond the Threadstarters opinon. I, too, think the game is far too dark in wide areas. This makes gameplay of an overall fantastic game partially annoying. I’d wish for less black-brown-purple areas and would like to encourage the devs to rethink some colouring.

Somebody on this forum gave a tip using reshade to apply additional post processing. I added HDR and it really helps with the visibility. Also sharpening textures looks nice.

Great idea! As i do not find an in-game option for HDR - which tool di you use? Could you please provide a link so i (and perhaps others) can try this, too? Maybe, even the dev’s could stumble upon your input.

Thanks in advance!

During installation you can choose what shader packages to use.

You can also add things like bloom or color gradients.

Very impressive tool.

1 Like

Thanks, RawSuicide!

1 Like

Hey all! This is something we agree with whole heartedly and will be working to address it with some system changes. I can’t yet say when those will be implemented but just know that we’re aware and working towards alleviating the issue.

12 Likes

Great news - thanks @DevTeam and thanks for a great game!

Fantastic. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.