Introduce yourselves

That was an excellent game (even though I don’t tend to like JRPGs), it was the only one to make me cry.

I loved Final Fantasy 10 too, even if a lot of people disliked it (due mostly to it’s main protagonist Tidus).
The world of Final Fantasy 10 is so beautiful with a very nice story and incredible soundtrack, it’s my favorite game :smiley:

Too bad that all the Final Fantasy that followed were bad (it’s my opinion ^^).

The JRPG genre is dead since 2002 (never played Xenoblades tho :stuck_out_tongue: ).

1 Like

FF8 and FF12 are the best. Get at me.

JRPG genre still kickin, it’s just no longer a fine spring chicken as it was in the 90’s. Recently, Tales of Berseria was alright and Persona 5 was fucking amazing.

1 Like

FF12, the offline MMO with lackluster story and world building ? With useless summons ? :smiley:
FF8 is… A matter of taste i guess… The characters are not very well written and the story is messy, and i’m not talking about the magic system which is the worst of the serie…
But the soundtrack save the game for me :smiley:

If you said FF6, it would be different (even if i don’t really like it, FF6 is far inferior to Chrono Trigger :wink: )

1 Like

Hello, I’m Tectonik (Brandon) and I’m a 35yo Architect from Texas, USA. I have one beautiful daughter and a wonderful wife.
I have been an avid gamer all of my life - I enjoy all game genres but my favorites are MMOs and ARPGs. Some of my favorite games are the Donkey Kong Country series, Diablo 1 and 2, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy X and XI (the MMO) and Path of Exile. World of Warcraft is definitely my most played game and ever since I stopped enjoying the game as much I have been searching for the right MMO but still can’t find it. A similar thing could be said for Diablo 2 but Path of Exile is a wonderful game that has helped to fill the void. With that said, I do have very high hopes for Last Epoch to be another game to help push the ARPG genre and be the slightly slower paced cousin of the zoomer PoE.
Hope to see you all in game!

8 Likes

FF11 took a huge chunk of my life too! Best MMORPG ever!

1 Like

Hi my names Toby, 43 from Somerset UK. I’m a Master Technician for Renault cars and I’ve been doing that at the same garage for 25 years now. I’ve been with my boyfriend for 19 years now but still not married and have no kids. I drink far too much wine/gin and play games a lot.

I love cats! We have two girls that are basically treated like our kids. Yes, I’m one of those that talks to my cats like they understand me.

My gaming started with Atari VCS then onto ZX Spectrum on games like Dizzy and Bloodwych back in the Codemaster days. It then moved onto an Atari 520ST that introduced me to Dungeon Master that I loved. That evolved onto PC with D1, D2 and then my all-time fave series Sacred. I played Sacred and Sacred 2 online and that’s when I met my partner in crime paul aka llama8. We have gamed together since 2004 and still do now if we can find a game that we both like. I was also a MOD on the Ascaron forums(no idea how that happened) before they went bust :sob:.

Since then it’s been pretty much every ARPG released that I’ve played. TQ, D3, GD, PoE etc. I love the genre and am excited for the next generation to come.

6 Likes

What? And you allowed him to buy in only during LE beta? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Pretty sure there’s a causal link in there.

2 Likes

You and me both…I think LE could be the one!

2 Likes

Germans are video game nerds. :smile:

Sometimes I don’t even know myself if a comment is from @trikster or me. But I won’t change my pic. And I can’t guarantee that an upgrade will be a possibility to set us apart for too long. :wink:

3 Likes

Imagine what it’s like for the rest of us. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Yeah. Just treat us as one. We are brothers in spirit. Isn’t it so, @RawSuicide? Err… @TriKster? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

TBH, you all look the same to me…

2 Likes

i’ve hesitated to post in this thread because i prefer to minimize the amount of personal info i put online. however i like this community and i plan on sticking around for a while so i suppose i’ll share a bit. :slight_smile:

i’m 38, originally from the southern US but living in the pacific northwest now. i’ve been a professional cook for about 12 years. my love of gaming started with the NES, like a lot of people my age. mario bros 3 was probably my favorite on that console. however, when my family got our first PC when i was about 10, i almost completely forgot about consoles. i had an SNES and played a fair bit of super mario world but never got a ton of other games for it, just renting them from time to time and never getting into any of them for long.

i absolutely fell in love with games like the commander keen series, cosmo’s cosmic adventure, epic pinball, jazz jackrabbit, one must fall… pretty much anything published by epic megagames and apogee. later, the original FPS games got their hooks in me, so i played wolfenstein, doom, heretic, hexen, etc a lot. by the time my friends at school were oohing and ahhing over goldeneye for the n64, i was well-versed in the genre. i convinced my parents i needed the n64 despite having barely touched my SNES for years. got mario 64 and goldeneye, absolutely hated both of them (heresy, i know), and let the system collect dust until i gave it to my cousin years later.

during the same time period, i was introduced to BBSes by my dad and uncle and got really into the text-based RPG “door game” Legend of the Red Dragon. that is where my love of RPGs started. surprisingly, i somehow missed the boat on diablo and d2 and even though i was vaguely aware of them didn’t give them a proper playthrough until this year.

i first played path of exile about 7 years ago after being pretty disappointed with diablo 3. even without the expectations a lot of players had from playing the original 2, it was just not my cup of tea. one of my friends suggested PoE, which had just had their 1.0 release, and i became obsessed almost immediately. i played pretty heavily for a few years, got a little burned out around the time ascendancies came out, then took a break for a year or so. came back around abyss league and have been playing it to the exclusion of most other games since then.

i hate how toxic the poe community can be, so aside from meming in the reddit global (5055) and various twitch streams, i don’t engage with it much. if you’ve read my posts on the forum here or seen me in game you’ve probably noticed that i like to help out other players and maintain positivity. i’m not always successful in those things, but it’s still my aim. i tend to ignore or block toxic people instead of engaging with them, but so far it hasn’t been very necessary here and i like that almost as much as i like playing LE.

you may also have noticed that i am quite verbose. it’s partly because i got laid off at the beginning of the pandemic and have been cooped up with very little human contact for 3 months, but it’s mostly because of who i am as a person. thanks for coming to my ted talk. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I think you are the same person…but love LE that much you just got two accounts :smiley:

4 Likes

Happy Anniversary :smiley:

2 Likes

I remember dialling in to a BBS that my friends at secondary school told me about (with a 1200 baud modem) for some text dungeon thing…

1 Like

@XLVI_carpo haha just look what we started here…but it’s fine everytime i write some bullshit in the forum i can blame it on you now and get away with it evil laugh :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

POE forums used to be like this place but the vibes changed noticeably after open beta (or was it release?). We can all hope :crossed_fingers:

1 Like