Idol Ideas for Sentinel

Idol Ideas

After I made this list some of my suggestions probably are better suited as also future skill nodes in the tree. Take that as you will.

I would really like to see idols focused on what type of weapon you are using. For example, 2 hander idols could be really awesome. I am a sucker for 2 hander play so saying these idols catering to my style of play I would grab up instantly to support the builds I choose to go. They would also create more opportunities with builds/skills that lack idols.

• 2 hand increase melee range
  • 2 hand block chance 1-3%
  • 2 hand increase damage while standing still
  • 1-5% chance to deflect range projectiles while moving with a 2 hander
  • 2 hander slow chance on melee hit
  • 2 hander chill chance on melee hit
  • using a 2 handed axe has a x% chance to Lacerate
  • using a 2 handed sword has a x% chance Retribution when hit
  • using a 2 handed mace every 3rd hit does X% increased damage

I made some suggestions for idols below that also include lightning damage. Lightning damage has little synergy right now in sentinel, it would be nice to see some flexibility of maybe going to spinning lightning smite build for example. This could be a very easy way to open up abilities like warpath to using other weapon choices or skills to sublimit it with.

Warpath

• X adaptive spell damage while spinning
  • additive melee void damage while spinning
  • Cascading Orb/Abyssal Orb increase damage
  • Cascading Orb/Abyssal Orb 1% damage per Attunement (doesn’t stack) (cascading orb scales normally with str but if you want to synergize with other void spells, they scale with attunement. Allowing attunement to also affect Cascading Orbs would give more synergy with void spells).
  • % void penetration/fire/lightning on spinning hit
  • % of warpaths physical damage is converted to Void
  • % Chance to cast Cascading Orb/Abyssal Orb
  • Increase movement speed while spinning
  • Increase attack speed while spinning
  • Increase timerot duration/Increase time rot damage while spinning
  • Warbringer has increase % damage + % Area
  • High additive melee damage to warpath, unable to stack damage aliments other than time rot
  • Every time your warpath would echo you gain 1% block for 4 seconds (up to 15%) *this number would be just based on the % chance you speced into echo. This would allow echo nodes to not be completely worthless in warpath. Limited 2 handers.
  • Decreases armor increases damage up to 20%~ while spinning
  • Converts Cascading Orb to fire damage /lightning damage
  • Converts % based warpath to lightning/fire
  • Increase dodge chance while spinning decrease armor (this could open up interesting dodge warpath builds)
  • Chance to pull enemies every 3 seconds , 1 mana cost (this might be too competitive “Challenge” node which would need to be balanced to make sure it doesn’t make this a completely dead node)
  • Decrease channeling cost 1 mana

Rive

• Melee hits have 5-10% chance to spread flames
  • Increase lacerate damage or increase damage effectiveness (lacerate is interesting but lacks damage to be built around. A idol like this could really help)
  • Lacerate damage causes targets to take x more damage if they are moving
  • Lacerate damage ticks have a chance to apply bleed stack
  • Lacerate damage converted to void
  • Lacerate does more damage against bleeding targets
  • Kills with Rive have an increased chance to summon forged weapons
  • Sever/Twisting Fangs nodes are converted to bleed
  • “Massacre” node has more damage / increase aoe radius (could make a cool fire explosion build on hit)
  • Increase Massacre chance to trigger by 1-5%
  • Increase energy wave damage
  • Adds fire/lightning/void melee damage to rive

Lunge

• Instant cast while spinning in warpath
  • Increase stun duration of next ability used if successfully stunned
  • % chance to cast smite to the enemy lunged to

Shield Bash

• Decrease mana cost
  • Using Shield Bash has a % chance to splinter on hit
  • Casting 5 Shield Bashes in a row cases a sonic wave to pulse around player doing physical damage over time (this would help the damage synergy using specing the ability to cast without no CD. I was thinking about an animation of it pulsing like an aura but it could just pulse in random directions. Could be a cool playstyle, where you spam your shield and than run as it pulses to restore mana than spam it again).
  • Shield Bash has a chance to Lacerate
  • Increase SB Lacerate effectiveness on kill (up to x%)
  • Shield Bash Bleeds have increased duration
  • Shield Bash Bleeds have decreased duration (more burst with Serrating Strikes)
  • Shield Bash Bleeds have increased effectiveness
  • Shield Bash has increase area of effect (when using the spammable version it feels like slightly not cleavey enough)
  • Increase damage effectiveness closer to you/decrease damage further away
  • Adding base void damage (SB needs some kind of Void scaling to have any sort of synergy in VK; it sucks right now)
  • Increase physical damage with 2 hander using Shield Bash
  • Convert % base damage to lightning. Lightning Shield bash? (Stun synergy with spammable shield bash that doesn’t have default stun. This could also be a fun synergy with smite on melee hit idols)
  • Increase crit multi (I was trying to get the biggest Shield Bashes hit I could out of the ability on one of my toons, it was painful, the damage is so lack luster. Giving another way to scale it might be really fun build option).

Erasing Strike

Erasing strike is fun but it needs personally more damage and more way to combo it with other abilities.

• Erasing Strike causes ignites/bleeds to decreased duration (this could allow for more burst damage depending on how much the devs are willing to be able to do lower it)
  • Ruthless effects enemies below 1-5% from full health (Ruthless only gives more damage as enemies at full health this allows you to get the benefit of this node while comboing with other abilities that slightly might reduce the targets HP from full. Like Shield Bash ignite/bleed stacking -> Erasing Strike combed with my first suggestion to cause bleeds/ignites to decrease faster).
  • Erasing strike has more wind up but does more damage
  • Increase Mana efficiency of Erasing Strike
  • Erasing strike does more damage to targets effected by time rot
  • Increase critical multiplier
  • Erasing Strike Void Beams scale with attunement/increase void beam damage
  • Erasing Strike has increase stun duration/stun chance (I really wanted to make a stun build with erasing strike but its pretty hard, having more support from idols would help)
  • 3rd strike of rive increases the damage of you next Erasing Strike’s void damage (good rive/ES combo here)

Smelter’s Wrath

• 1-3% chance to summon a shield (Ring of Shields) when standing still for 2 seconds
  • X Increase damage when standing still for 1-2 seconds
  • Your next SW has decreased charging speed by 2-10%.
  • Increase stun duration with SW
  • 1-5% more damage to rares with SW.
  • increase Health regen while channeling
  • Cone attack has decrease range significantly more damage
  • Axe Volley has a chance to trigger during channel / never after channel (this could line up shred and also Hammer/avail stance)
  • Furnace more damage
  • % of physical damage converted to fire
  • Backdraft has a x chance to trigger again
  • Get X mana back after a swing of SW that kills at least 1 enemy (help with sustain)
  • Increase maximum charge
  • Allows you to hold SW (not auto firing after maximum stacks). This one might have to be supplemented with also a visible buff on you screen so you know how many stacks you have. I would like this because here is many times I am grouping up a pack of monsters and find myself firing off my shot a second too early before the monsters have a chance to come into my range (auto fire).
  • Firing off a fully charged SW % to gain haste
  • If SW stuns an enemy an enemy who is not stunned, applies 1 stack of ignite
  • Converts SW to lightning, ignite chance to shock, Furnace to shocked ground

Judgement

I think judgement overall needs the most help. It is one of the most interesting ability trees but I find it plays really bad. This might be because it’s a semi-group utility ability yet to be fully explored in that context. These suggests are from someone who just dabbled in the ability (didn’t like the playstyle); take that as you will.

• Increase area of effect
  • Increase Consecrated Ground duration
  • Decrease Consecrated ground duration (allowing away to decrease the duration might allow for a Holy Eruption build?)
  • Increase damage of Holy Eruption
  • More damage to Consecrated Ground
  • Consecrated Ground does more damage to enemies who are ignited
  • Consecrated Ground damage has a change to release a Smite
  • Increase Judgements stun duration
  • Specing Anointed has a chance to cast fire aura when hit or on kill? (Allow for some aoe build?)
  • Consecrated Ground scales with spell damage (not sure actually how this scales 100%, but it would be interesting to make a CG aura build if it had more damage scaling).
  • Increase mana effectiveness
3 Likes

Brilliant! Thanks for so many ideas.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.