I lost all my character

I’m very sorry for the delay-- we’re still looking into this issue. Are you able to create new characters? If you aren’t, please upload a log file from a session where you tried to create one. Thank you!

same here, and i cant create new characters, my log files
Player.log (61.8 KB) Player-prev.log (12.6 KB)

Player.log (19.9 KB)

Just tried and can’t create character (can’t choose one when i see all diferent character)

The latest patch didn´t solve the problem…I can’t still create a new characterer…I’ve tried all solutions, repair the game, delete the temp folder, nothing works.

Hi everyone,

We’ve narrowed down this issue and are working on a fix. To help us look into this, please add your entire Eleventh Hour Games folder to a .zip file and post it. It’s located inside AppData\LocalLow. Thanks!

hereEleventh Hour Games.zip (18.8 KB)

This also just happened to me too. Out of nowhere my game crashed and now my character screen has no characters and when I try to make a new character it won’t let me select anything.

Crash. No character list. Unable to create new character.

Yup. Crashed. Lost two characters. Are saves really stored in the registry? That seems like a bad idea and that stupid automatic recovery nonsense will erase saves.

We’ve just released 0.7.7d which will correct this issue. You’ll be able to see your existing characters and create new ones.

Unfortunately, this bug is caused by a character becoming corrupted, so that means at least one of your characters is lost. We’re still looking into the cause of the corruption, and aren’t able to restore the characters at this time.

Again, my apologies for this issue.

Characters are currently saved locally as the game is offline. All multiplayer characters will be stored server-side only once that’s released.

Thanx for your works. Unfortunatly my highest character has disapear…It’s very annoying but the most important is that it don’t hapen for the realease as if i remember every character will be delete.

No!!! Another character was deleted after crash. First was level 79, second was level 66. NOw it’s too much. I’ll be back for realease until you’ll restore character.

I just bought the game and it was already last release, so technically this annoying bug should have not occurred anymore. I played without any issues at all till lvl 11, then suddenly game froze (with audio in loop and pc reset like when u have bsod) and when i came back I found out i just lost my (only) character. Now shall i still roll a new character and risk to have it lost as well or would be better to come back to play once this issue will be fixed for good? It’s very annoying especially to know that it can’t even be retrieved through technical support. And after hours invested in gameplay having my char lost would just bring loads of frustration as a consequence.
Sorry for the whining but i just thought i could find a solution to this issue in the official forum rather than this demoralizing topic…:frowning:

I was playing this afternoon, when there was a momentary power failure, which rebooted my computer. When I came back to it a few hours later, the character I was playing was deleted, along with all my money and stash. Is there any way to get those back?

Hmm…now 4 day since the patch, with my 2 character lost i’m not far from 100 hour of play and still no solution…Don’t want to blame you i know it’s difficult and we are not many to have this issue, but i’m very disapointed.
Like i said i will not play again if i don’t have at least 1 of this character back. Maybe i can considere that waiting the full realease is not a bad idea but it’s not what i was looking for when i sign up at the begining of kickstarter.

Ok, then, i lost 100 hour playing and nothing more?

Hi everyone,

We’re still working on resolving crashing issues-- we have leads but no solutions to release yet.

However, we do expect to release an update soon that will fix an issue where game or PC crashes could delete data.

Any characters affected by this problem cannot be recovered, unfortunately. Sorry about the troubles!

I just lost a level 50+ character and everything in my stash. Why the hell aren’t you backing them up to the Steam cloud or somewhere else. It’s called game programming 101.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.