How To Succeed In The Monolith of Fate

Hey Folks,

I don’t normally post my videos in the forums, but given how many people I’ve seen make posts about how much they’re struggling, I thought this one might be helpful. The video covers some topics that I think many players (especially new ones) aren’t well acquainted with and can make a big difference with your Mono experience, especially on boss fights. Let me know if I missed anything!

4 Likes

Yeah, I made the mistake of giving the Emperor of Corpses boss the “enemies heal if they have not been damaged recently” modifier and what a bad choice that was. He healed to full health twice and I’m like damn…I’m gonna have to be ultra aggressive to win this fight haha. Long fight, but I did eventually win it.

Excellent video, and I wholeheartedly agree with all the suggestions.

2 Likes

It was extremely humorous on my last character getting the mod ‘Enemies are Deadly when not damaged’ and getting it right before Abomination who cannot be damaged until the cages are dead.

Must be fantastic being a newer player and encountering that on your first boss

1 Like

I hadn’t even thought of that! I’ll bring that up in the Abomination boss guide. Thanks!

I’m not sure I agree with the “most modifiers apply to the boss” bit. I don’t think the “rare enemies have xxx” modifiers apply to a boss (since they’re generally unique not rare), but the generic “enemies have” do, like “enemies heal if they not been damaged recently”. I’m sure I’ve had some monoliths where the general mobs were slowing/chilling me but the boss wasn’t.

Edit: and yes, I have now just got to the part of your video where you mention that…

Great minds think alike! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out.

We’ll discuss it and likely prevent that modifier from rolling on that timeline.

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanations. I think it’s neat that there are a few choices in defense when it comes to resistances, high HP, and ward, but it’s unfortunate that 100% glancing blow is required for every character outside of the most extreme fringe builds. Doesn’t this mean that certain affix/suffix slots are basically reserved for GB? GB also really doesn’t have its own strong thematic personality to me. Ward, HP, resistances, block, or dodge tie into character builds in a way my mind has an easier time latching onto.

1 Like

There are multiple ways to go about getting glancing blow. Several new ones have been added with the Monolith of Fate updates, so there’s a lot of flexibility now in how we can go about getting GB capped. I personally see the GB cap requirement as my first big endgame benchmark and power boost. I know once I’ve got GB capped, I’ve just taken a major step forward in my build.

1 Like

Im glad you guys are looking into it, on my Mage I rolled this the other day while very low level (58) with terrible gear and wondered if I would get one shot. I did get one shot with 100% GB and about 600HP which was fair enough

Interestingly though the same Mage character who has the exact same gear as when I was on 58 is now 75 (I was idol hunting trying to switch gear, slumming it hard) and I can completely facetank Abomination with basically any mod in that zone now. I was refarming it for the ‘Adorned Idol drop bonus’

is there some kind of ‘level difference’? bonus? yes I am higher level but im not putting ANY points into defence as im slumming it and at lvl 75 im still wearing Calamity helm/Invoker rings/Bleeding Heart amulet, and now Abomination cannot hit me for more than 25% hp, whereas he outright one shot me 17ish levels prior

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.