Graphical glitches and performance hitches related to water

My first video demonstrates a major graphical glitch that usually lasts only a second, but it was almost permanent in this particular area. It seems like a texture or model that comes out of a corner of your screen is stretched into infinity.

My second video is focused more on the general performance hitches experienced within snow and water themed areas. Water textures in general always seem to flicker in and out of existence in large bodies of water. I understand I’m not making it any easier on my GPU by summoning as many minions as I can, but it is what is.

Logfiles:
le_graphicsmanager.ini (495 Bytes)
Player.log (531.0 KB)
Player-prev.log (2.0 MB)

Another example

Please, could you tell me what software is used in the print to get the data and temperature of the computer?

Speccy. Software made by Pririform software, same guys who made CCleaner and some other useful tools.

Recently bought game and I can say I got same graphical glitches all over the places. All other games just run fine. Performance is also way beyoned what I expected, I’ve seen many ppl complaining about performance, but I thought it can’t be that bad as they say. Unfortunately, it turned out to be that bad, even on lowest possible settings, playing at 1440p, 1070Ti, Ryzen 5 3600.

I know I’m early into the game, 30lvl+ but oh man, in PoE and GD, there are like 100x more monsters, more effects on the screen and those games run like 100 times better and of course even look better. I’m aware it’s early access, but that level of performance and glitches won’t appeal people, it will be the exact opposite, even hated Wolcen is miles better in that area.

Thank you.

Thanks for the reports everyone. We’re looking into this problem, but unfortunately it has been difficult. For the issues related to water we have some leads, but it will take more work. We haven’t seen the artifacts that are just caused by using skills internally yet.

For any new posters, make sure to upload your log file, and a screenshot of what zone you’re in and your build helps too.

I have been running into the same issue; getting artifacts on screen. My last session was with an Acolyte (BloodRip) and when I was casting the Haunting Skulls skill, I was getting huge full-screen artifacting. I didn’t grab a screenshot of the level, but it was the Armory, Upper Terrace area. I remember going to fetch Erza’s ledger.
Player.log (727.2 KB) Player-prev.log (2.5 MB)

So, with further testing, I have some extra input to give. I am currently in the Forgotten Cave in the Ruined Era. The graphical glitches are not captured by screenshot, and seem to be effected by the torches in the area.

When I cast the Hungering Souls spell and a skull moves to, or breaches the bottom of my screen (within a certain distance to a torch), I get huge graphical tearing or artifacts.

Edit: To further detail – if you are standing north of the torch, and cast pointing north, you get the glitch. If you’re standing south, and cast south, you’re more readily able to reproduce it. It seems as though the particle effects from the spell are reaching a bounds of the light cast by the torch.

Here is a screenshot of my current location where I am readily able to reproduce it and manipulate it. https://snipboard.io/FVLgZ3.jpg

I’ve had issues in the Forgotten Cave as well. Same graphical glitches I’ve mentioned in OP.

I am having the same full screen (and sometimes blinding) graphical glitches just like in those videos the OP posted. It happens a lot with Blood Rip, Drain Life and Hungering Souls. For me it can happen anywhere, anytime while using said spells, but it’s been really bad in Sapphire Quarter. I noticed it early on in the game mostly in caves.

I am running:
Win10 Pro
AMD 3900X water cooled
Asus Strix 570e Mobo
16gb Dominator Ram @ the Ryzen 3600mhz Spec
Asus 2070 Super w/ latest drivers
32" Monitor @ 2560x1440 @ Ultra Settings

Game is on a Pcie x4 nvme ssd. No issues with other games. Other than this issue the game runs great.

https://imgur.com/b2O2NEP

https://imgur.com/JMPzV5r

I also often see this glitch :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.