Gender locked classes

Please. Fix this. Gender lock is extremely negative.
A lot of players will see this as a “no buy”.

1 Like

I’m also in the camp where it doesn’t matter to me whether there is gender choice. Nice if there is but no big deal if there isn’t. I just don’t want to see females wearing stiletto heels, fishnet stockings and skimpy cleavage armor. It’s cheap and exploitive.

1 Like

I am actually curious about the numbers of players who would refuse to play a game strictly because of gender lock verse their play time in ARPG genre. I always found ARPGs community revolved around being more interested in how the game works mechanically, DPS numbers and how aesthetic the abilities feel/look.

This thread is very shocking to me how many people announced that gender lock is their deal breaker for a dungeon crawler.

1 Like

I doubt there will ever be a way to get an honest number for this question. Most people that ask for it or say “people wont buy it without this” are people that already have the game and would just like the option.

as it should be.

Its really not that many. This thread has 46 votes and less than 60 of the comments are actually pertaining to asking for gender. Lets call it 100 people total rounding up. that’s 100 people out of thousands if not tens of thousands that already own and have played the game.

I’d rather have more content than do the same content all over again with the opposite gender.

Also Fun Fact 38 out of the 224 Post in this threat are by @Llama8. 17% LLama!

3 Likes

I’m not sure we’re talking about “a lot”. Some people like to wear their hearts on their sleeves and virtue signal but, in the end, they’ll play a game if it’s good. They won’t be concerned to the point of disgust if they don’t get a female Primalist.

Considering that PoE is gender locked and it is hugely popular, as well as the gold standard for aRPG’s, Diablo 2, was gender locked.

I think it is just people being nitpicky and not understanding the amount of work that goes into allowing that option. I doubt the RoI of allowing gender choice in games.

1 Like

You can also say the same about the male characters wearing a few scraps of leather & a loincloth.

Please tell me you counted them by hand. I know you didn’t, but still…

Just an unpopular oppinion here: I don’t give a rats ass. Outside ofthe primalist most classes could be any gender. When I play the game I almost have 0 time to look at my toon. I look for enemys and void zones and i try to dodge projectiles. This isn’t a third person view game where 99% of the time my toons butt wiggels arround in the middle of the screen.
I don’t think it’s important at the moment at least it isn’t for me but I’m liberal enough to not mind genderlocks instead of going mad about this topic.

I would agree. I like to have a choice between the genders.

Also i dont like gender lock. in 2021 gender lock?

Hi, i don’t like gender lock and after playing D3 from season 3 i didn’t know anything else.

I doubt that this will change before release.

This is one of those things that I don’t care about, but understand that other people do for one reason or another. If it makes people happy, go for it.

That said, I do think it’s a tad overboard to consider this as the primary thing that prevents you from enjoying the game as a whole. But I am all for more customization options.

1 Like

To give some anecdotal evidence, I play RPGs (such as Grim Dawn, Diablo 3, etc) with quite a few friends both IRL and online, and from what I can tell pretty much all of the women gamers solely play as the female avatars that are available to them.

I am concerned that gender locking classes will end up being a turn-off to these friends, as well as several other female gamers, as they effectively only have access to 2/5 of the classes available.

I completely get that creating brand new character models and animations would take away precious development time and resources from (probably) more important things, but I really do hope the devs consider not gender locking the classes, perhaps not in 1.0 but afterwards at least.

1 Like

POE is the biggest ARPG like ever made, but guess what it’s gender locked. Focus on what skins you want available on release. if 90% of players want female characters, mircotransaction that. Thing are not free anymore hell we pay for incomplete games these days (don’t even start on cyberpunk) so give LE devs more money to do this or settle with what has been created

1 Like

This is one of the issues I have with this game. Gender lock sucks. It`s hard to immerse myself this way…

First of all women are better, the sexier the better. Even women “straight” like the way women look. Sexy sells… But it’s clear Last Epoch is not going that route. There going for a POE vibe minus the music.

If you press K on your keyboard it brings up cosmetics which don’t exist yet… This is how you fix this issue. Hell you could also sell different voices, sell that customer who need to be a sexy hot blond in a bikini later on in microtransactions. But to get people to play right away offer them female version free, already in your microtransactions stash… If its purely cosmetic offer 8 or 10 models to switch male and female no need to create new armor models or do more voice acting

Checking the cosmetics there’s no Skins for base character simply offering skins color option might keep thee perverts’ playing this game. Honestly you really should consider the multiple sex class choice, just not via changing the base model… Simply by the fact there is cosmetic slots everyone will use those instead of in game armor model. So what’s the point. I have played POE for years and years, and spent probably $1000.00 just made it to act 10 again in newest ritual league again. I have asked GG for female exclusive skins a lady in a revealing outfit…
Never has happen… Even in the current league I would love a joking normal outfits like a suit, or tshirt/tanktop and jean. They don’t exist only aura and god like skins in POE… I would advise against this once you start making skins, and if development needs money I would start making skins and getting your store ready because people will spend money period.

honestly not having that stuff in LE (or PoE) is one of their redeeming qualities for me.

6 Likes

Personally I don’t like the Wolcen female character proportion. We already had this discussion at the beginning of the thread. For me the legs are just unrealistically long.

I don’t have a problem with looking at good looking characters. In a video game theres no need for a overly realistic approach to character models. But going the “sex sells” route with half naked bikini babes raiding a dungeon is just ridiculously overdone in the opposite direction, imho.

The current approach is absolutely ok for me. If somebody would ask me, I’d suggest to make Acolytes animations a bit more lady like and a bit less creepy. And the Sentinel could use some more muscles. He’s a very tiny guy for a Knight in full plate armour.

[Removed —Sarno]

So, a class that focuses on death & the undead has animations that are “too creepy”? Would you rather she look like Mary Poppins instead?

How can you tell under all the plate?