Flame Ward doesn't proc Invoker"s set/Dragon Mage passive

Flame Ward (and Fire Shield) are categorized as ‘Fire’ Spells but do not proc the ‘+other element damage’ for the Sorcerer’s Dragon Mage passive and the Invoker’s set

Dragon Mage: Increased Lightning Damage on recent Fire Skill use
Invoker’s set: 80% Increased Cold Damage if you have directly cast a fire spell recently

Thanks, both Fire Shield and Flame Ward are instant cast skills, so I expect that’s what’s causing the issue. We’ll look into it.

There does seem to be an issue with both flame ward’s internal tags and listed tooltip tags.

[Obsolete, it was doing this because I had casted the fire/lightning tagged fireball before that]
I just noticed my flame ward (converted to ice ward, still shows fire spell tag) is triggering both the increased lightning damage on recent fire skill and increased cold damage on recent lightning skill from Dragon Mage. The skill’s not specced for lightning ward, but it’s triggering Dragon Mage like a lightning skill instead of cold.

Edit:
You’re right, instant cast skills seem to internally copy the tags of whatever skill was used before it, ignoring its own tags. Probably the source of the issue with VK’s echoed skills too.
I can pick what Dragon Mage benefit to proc with Flame Ward and Fire Shield by using a spell with that element tag before them. Not that that matters in combat when spamming a fire skill, always get a lightning damage bonus from them copying Flame Reave.

Which is another bug related to Dragon Mage, might need a new thread. Flame Reave is a melee attack but it still triggers Dragon Mage’s effect as though it were a spell.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.