Currency to respec passives and mastery

I get both sides of thia but I astill think releveling an alt after the first toon in the normal game mode is already a joke with all the items that drop and you are able to keep. The only time consuming thing is to get the idols you want but in the long run there are so little idols that reraly matter.

On the other hand I understand when people say they don’t want to level each class 3 times foe every mastery but then again I don’t know a lot of people who play a lot of alts if they have little time.

I think respeccing masteries will make things to easy from my personal view but there is always a way to implement a questchain that takes as long as creating a new toon ^^.

That’s the way you want to see things. Everytime you see community testers agree with each other you think they team up against you. But you are drawing parallels where there are none.

Your generalizing things and are not able to look behind that stupid badge! I agreed and disagreed with opinions long before I became a tester. I don’t see any reason stop now.

It’s already happening that I hesitate to post on topics where others “of my tester bodies” have already posted because it may look cliquey to people like you.

Where do you see the difference to your behaviour? You’re posting suggestions and think everybody should accept them or ignore them if they don’t like it. But that’s not how the would functions. If I would ignore everything that i don’t like, I’d ask myself why I even am participating in a beta testing program. Why can’t you take our position and anticipate that this kind of change you suggested affects us and that it’s not just “ignore that feature”.

Why having healthbars for example? Let’s just have a message that days “Theoretically you are dead. Please choose to go on if you feel this mechanic is too hardcore. If you are a Community Tester please choose ‘try again’!” Would this please you?

2 Likes

Actually re-leveling to choose a class spec is good ! it is good to have at least a definite choice for our character decision and i see it more like a whole class than just a subclass the game is not about 4 class but 12 class with 4 character…

Im not specially about hardcore thing (even through sometime i have some fun with it im getting bored pretty quickly…) but i simply doesnt think re-leveling a char to get a new class is an hardcore thing…

But i will benefit this thread to write down some of my through about speciallisation… thing about blessing. Would it be more enjoyable if blessing drop a bead at the end of a timeline and we have to put them in manually ? like that it seem less a farmable content but i think not ! if bead of blessing drop in the end of a timeline yes we could have it for good but its an occasion to make different rarity about it and added more content to the end game by using this mechanic… simply thinking about the fact “Where to put them in ?” at the end of the timeline quest ? in the invotory ? or a whole new quest to unlock “bead casting” and timeline will be just to drop different “bead of blessing”…

Its just a through this is also why i just benefit this thread to post about it while we are talking about character spec but also and specially because i want to manify the community testing people by challenging them about new idea :wink: (because i know you tester can bring an idea like that to some real through process and see if it can be good or not :wink: )

My feedback is players should be allowed to respec their Mastery if they choose at a certain cost -maybe a rare item consumable book that can allow a respec

I like to play and progress a character but I also like to completely respec a potentially failed character which I simply dont want to delete and can potentially ‘fix’ them.

Im playing Poe Heist, my second character has had a complete respec 4 times now to totally different builds. I would of already quit the league if I had to reroll 4 times to test. Some builds need large amounts of passive points to function well or feel good to play

The thing is adding in a Mastery respec doesnt actually harm anyone else, you either use it or ignore it im not seeing the issue however it can be demotivating as hell to know you potentially picked and invested a large amount of time into the ‘wrong choice’ and it could be fixed quite easily at the cost of once again your own time from farming

2 Likes

Same goes on the other side. if you could just respect classes at will, what would be the point of even having mastery classes? you dont see this in grimdawn. I like the hardlock identities the way they are. IT harms the identity and integreity of picking and playing something unique.

1 Like

Agree on the subjectivity points you made. Still disagree about the perspective you guys seem to have on beginners though. You just say i disagree because of … … without saying why or why not it might be beneficial for other type of players.
By the way i stated enough times in my posts that i actually like the game having hardcore aspects. I just want the game to be widely oriented. I will keep saying that some of you community testers seem really focused on your own opinion without neglating to others. You are saying that iam doing the same but if you look on my reactions on different posts of others youll see thats not true at all. Iam doing it here since iam trying to make a point of you doing it in my post.

Anyways i kindly disagree with you guys.

1 Like

That is your opinion Heavy so stating that it is a weak argument is a strange reaction.
It is his opinion just like it is yours.
So because you have the option to actually respec the weight isnt there anymore because you know others can? Wow.

1 Like

Iam like you, i would have quit the league way more sooner if i wasnt able to respec and try other things more easily.
Seems like iam going to quit this game for a while if it keeps the system it has. I really like the recent changes they made though. So i hope ill still be interesting despite it being harder now to change builds and having to relevel a character. I think i just gonna level a different class because iam against having to relevel a whole character only for a Mastery. It is not worth the extra time in my opinion of leveling a new character. It is not like the whole game changes if i change the mastery in my opinion it would just be more beneficial for my fire build.

1 Like

It does feel like you guys try to shut down my opinion. Maybe it looks more like that because you and some other guys had the same opinion and both stated the same thing as community testers directly. I made my point anyways that some of the community testers seem to type more of a Hardcore point of view aswell as a beginner point of view. But that is just my experience so far. Iam sad in that manner that i see way less discussions with non community testers aswell.

1 Like

on a different matter btw. I see a lot of feedback and input of the community testers aswell that i really like so dont get me wrong. Iam not only hating on you guys.
Iam soooo glad with your loot filter heavy.

1 Like

I can agree with some points you made about respeccing. When i started the game i also wanted to have the ability to respecc whenever i want to try certain skills out faster, especially in a beta when its about testing stuff for the devs. For me now the system works fine, the minimum lvl on skills was a good addition to the game. Mastery respec in general is something i don’t like, but this is just a personal approach when i plan builds. I like to take my time for theorycrafting and go through every step before creating one. If i mess something up, i messed something up, my fault. I start a new char, that simple. I dont want to respec because i like the fresh char leveling feeling. I dont wanna agree or disagree with anyone here.

But about the quote:
I only dont like the “you guys”. From all the community testers i think i am one of the newest here. I was really surprised i got the chance to do that, there are definitly other guys who deserved to be part of the tester program more than i do, because they are here for a longer time. Im not using my tester badge to feel special or being cocky or whatever. Im the same guy like back in the day, when i started here on the forum and with the game, i like to help new players out, give feedback to the devs, bring positive energy in here so that we have fun, make some jokes with the guys on our discord server and most importantly, taking the tester program serious, so that we can have a finished product with 1.0 that hopefully everyone can enjoy. I still learn alot from other guys daily, especially from guys like heavy, raw, llama being involved in the forum. Also guys like FoE, boardman, mcfluffin, rimed, quiet, lizard streamer in general, i still watch them because i like to learn new stuff while playing my own build. I like what they do for the game and the community, i sometimes disagree, but i always respect their opinion. Yes it might seem for you that we kinda stick together, which is basically true, because we kinda became friends over the last couple weeks/months because we communicate more often and get to know each others personality, but we dont group up together just to blame a new player on the forum about his opinion thats something I can guarantee you from my perspective. I played many arpgs so i have a lot of knowledge and input about other mechanics. That is what i want to share with other people here and the devs. And personally, nothing feels better to help out someone who is new here, because i got the help & love back then when i started here aswell.

And now we stop talking about this shit and focus on the game again :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I know all the community testers from the past and their posts and I think the community should be happy about having this guys instead of making up stuff.

Okay I’ll write something down a lot of people might get wrong so pretty please think about it before you go into rage mode.

When I started this game I was confronted with a lot of stuff I don’t get at first. I was slow, I did things wrong and asked a bunch of stupid questions i could’ve easiely answered on my own after 5 seconds of thinking. I’ve been a new player.

After 20h I wrapped my head arround most of the stuff and understood the game mechanics and after this the game was a walk in the park and I got a lot of stuff done in the time I played with a loooooot of room to improve if I want to play “the most effective” (yet in my eyes unfun) way possible.

I’ve been there I done that and at this time I can’t understand people who aren’t able to play a toon to 50 in… let’s be generous… 10h just to have another mastery at their hand. Sure it get’s boring if you do it 3, 10 or 20 times depending on the person who actualy plays the game but then again I don’t think there should be any shortcuts or respeccs at release.
I think this topic is great to get the feedback of people with a different oppinion but as far as I am concerned everything that makes accquiering a new mastery or increase the leveling speed and stuff like that could be something for 12 months after game launch. Right now I see no reason or excuse to offer shortcuts for anything because we are still in a testing phase. If there is an established meta or heavy meta shifts to increase replayability they can think about catch up or reroll mechanics but right now… nah no need to.

That’s just my point of view from someone who was a new player once as well. To end my rambling… thx to all the community testers who sacrifice their spare time to test stuff and try to make the game a better experience for everyone! You guys and gals rock no matter what some entitled people say. Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

i have to say this is one thing i feel PoE has gotten very right. they give you some free respec points via quests as you level through the campaign, and orbs of regret (currency to respec points) is uncommon but not so rare that it’s hard to get a substantial amount. it’s possible to change every choice you make, with ascendancy classes being fairly expensive (five respec points per node, 8 nodes if you’re respec’ing a fully allocated character, so 40 total), and requiring some time investment (you have to run the labyrinth, unspec all your ascendancy points, then use the altar of ascendancy to choose a new one). there’s also a choice you have to make at one point in the story (the bandit quest) which you can respec using 20 regret orbs in a vendor recipe. so if you are trying to completely re-do a character you need quite a lot of currency.

the cost of this is steep. it’s also very annoying to do. it also has the added negative of not getting to level as your character and having to figure out how it works from a “completed” standpoint. you also need gear that fits your new build (sometimes much easier to do than others).

i have chosen to fully respec my ascendancy one or maybe two times in the 3.5k hours i’ve played, and likewise for the bandit quest respec. i choose not to do it because it’s a huge pain in the ass and because i like leveling. the experience of growing a character from someone slowly hacking zombies to pieces to practically a god destroying entire screens by breathing in their direction is one of my favorite parts of playing ARPGs.

however

i like the fact that it’s there. there have been those few occasions where i had leveled 4 or 5 characters already in the league, wasn’t thrilled with one of them, and chose to forgo the leveling and respec into a build that sounded more fun.

so i think those who’ve been arguing for this system are right, to the extent that it would be nice to have. knowing that i can do it in poe hasn’t impacted my enjoyment of the game, and i still level 4-5 characters every league the old fashioned way. i think if EHG chooses to include this function and makes it similarly restrictive we can all be happy with it.

P.S.: since this keeps coming up… i think the accusations of "clique"y behavior from the community testers are unfounded. i have been a regular here for some time and i was around when the first batch of testers was selected. i think they were all excellent choices, because they were and remain friendly and helpful on the forums. they’ve each demonstrated a great knowledge and love of the game and the genre as far as i’ve seen. i hope the community tester program produces valuable info for the dev team and i hope it sticks around. i think it might be wise to remove the badge from people’s forum avatars since it seems to rub some people the wrong way, but i understand keeping it in the interest of transparency.

4 Likes

Again, you talk like we are all the same. My perspective is my perspective. Not in general the perspective of the Community Testers.

Also you completely shift the focus of the topic and make it a “beginner friendlyness” question. Because I disagree with you I’m not taking the perspective of a beginner? This whole topic has nothing to do with that. Even beginners can like build identity and meaningful choices.

Why is making a choice a hardcore aspect? You already chose a class at the login screen. Is this hardcore? Why not make classes obsolete? No need to replay the game as a mage and a sentinel - waste of time. Let people also change the class decision?

If this is the case, it has not the slightest relation to being a Community Tester. I don’t need a badge to provide my opinion or neglate the opinion of others.

Why should I read all your posts on different topics to rate your skills of anticipation? I’m in no kind interested in how you reacted on other topics. We are discussion mastery respec. I have my own opinion about this. Why do I have to take your position when you also refuse to take mine on this topic?

And just for the protocoll: Despite I disagree with you on that particular topic and on the false accusations you make regarding the CT, I also liked some other posts from you where I agree with you, yesterday. Because I decide on the topic and not on the people who post it or their forum badge.

So “because of…” is not the same as “why”??? What do you want to hear? I wrote a text wall to express my opinion on that topic. From my point of view my very first response was not negative or elitist in any form.

See, you make this a “we against them” thing. Me disagreeing has nothing to do with me being a hardcore player or a Community Tester (only one of these 2 things is true). Please stop making these generalisations.

If anybody is concerned that the Community Testers character profiles are not diverse enough, please make a new thread an address it at EHG directly. I can’t change my mind or pretend to take a different position just because people would like to have a CT on their side.

You can call me ignorant, an idiot or whatever you want. But this has nothing to do with my badge. If I am an idiot, I am my for my whole life and not just when I started to be a CT.

Thanks for the kind words. :blush:

1 Like

Oh boy, another “I don’t like this in this game and therefore the devs must change this” post. Every post that goes for that direction becomes a gladiator arena.
I agree that during the Beta they could make all respect (skill points, passive points, mastery choice) to be free, but when the game goes live/online, it should be the way we currently have.

It gets tiring, but can we please try to not use any form of generalization for “all the community testers”.
Just because some of them that are active here on the discussion have a very similar opinion about this very topic, does not mean, all of them share the same “perspective”

Anyway back to the discussion

I can only speak for me here, but just because something is “easier” (like respeccing a mastery in this example), does not make it “better” or “beneficial”.
I already stated this in your other thread about respeccing is too punishing.
The opinion i have about respeccing skills and not being able to respec mastery was exactly the same, as it is now. I swear.

Just being a “new player” does not make things “better” if they are easier. Even beginners like choices that matter.
You speak a little bit, like you are speaking on behalf of every beginner player. Please just don’t do this, the forum is here to state your personal opinion about a topic and then there will come in more people with potetnially similar or completely different opinions discussion the topic.

I did state that this is a weak argument in my opinion, if this holds true or not, should be decided by everyone themselves.

Having a game system in place, but “ignoring” it, not using it at all is not an option for me.
As i already said, it takes away alot of the immersion and character progression feeling.

It’s not mainly because “others” can, but because it is generally possible, that’s why i dislike this kind of system.

I can confidently say, that none of the other community testers ever did shut down or devalue anyone’s opinion, ever.

All we do is stating our own opinion, which sometiems is the same, sometimes it’s not.

Some of the community testers, me included are very active on the forums, that’s a blessing and a curse, i might say.
But i think, at least in this discussion here, there were already a few other people that stated their opinion, which is good.

On that note, i would be really glad if we and all other attendees of this discussion could just stop talking about any Community Tester stuff, because that stuff gets boring. If you feel like you have something to say about that topic feel free to open up a discussion about community testers and that you feel like they do not represent you as a player. I am sure some of the other community testers are happy to expound their “perspective”.
(Or maybe EHG will do a statement)
I will no longer respond to anything that related to community testers in here.

Now let’s return to the discussion. Thank you.

BTW, FYI, you can quote parts from someone’s post, or just “reply” to them, don’t always quote their whole post, that makes your posts very confusing and large.

1 Like

Yep its an arena and i saw more posts going this way of other people. So i guess something in my statement must hold some truth.

I agree i dont see the issue aswell for people who dont want it. They still got the choice to not do it.

We feel the same about that. I shouldnt generalize however aswell.

1 Like

There’s no need to get personal. Why don’t you take a bit of a break from this thread.

1 Like