Block is OP

one affix to cap dodge, using maelstrom/ and or serpant strike, plus beastmaster passive.

@Llama8

I pushed Paladin 90% Block to 450, and can do way more.
Due to Paladin passives, Paladin can’t dodge at all, so while its a good idea, the reality is block can already be played at the highest level with 0% dodge

UPDATE 2 BOYS (on main post)

Because a lot of people are metaslaves or have fund with broken builds until it last. Look at the past when everybody jumped the druid bandwagon :).

1 Like

So basically the same as block in terms of investment but negates all damage when it procs instead of most. How many passive points would it require?

I assume you mean 0% dodge?

The thing about dodge though, is it has a cap, and it adds no additional armor and protection, while being useless against dots, that is why block on sentinel is a superior defense, then dodge is on a primalist.

Which is why I suggested the change here:

1 Like

yes, will edit past comment, my bad xd

Hey, if you can play a block character with 0 block, more power to you! :slight_smile: Maybe you’re just that awesome!

Hey Lizard is legendary. He can do anything.

PS:

Secret

I hope this is the same Lizard otherwise I’ll be terribly embarrassed by my sad attempt at humor.

1 Like

oh, its me… i can explain…

1 Like

I can’t WAIT! :smiley:

1 Like

You better get a lich together or this streak may break :stuck_out_tongue:

Blocks are useless against dots as well… Dodge you take 0 damage. Block even with 5000 protections you will take some. Block is superior due to you being healed and given ward for up to 100% of hits and given added flat armor and protection per block which can help against dots. Dodge would be way stronger if on primalist in the tree you gained 50 protections for every dodge in the last 4 seconds. Add that to all classes :slight_smile: make dodge mandatory lol

duh. I knew that already. but no other class besides sentinel is going to get the value of block as sentinel, and sentinel uses block+dodge anyways.

Sentinel= lots of Block - Dodge - a bit of Ward
Primalist= Meaningless block - Dodge - meaningless Ward
Akolythe= Meaningless block - Dodge - lots of Ward
Sorcerer= Meaningless block - Dodge - lots of Ward

So every class has almost the same potential to get to certain & of dodge and this is fine by me. Ward heavy classes have no protections and Ward stacking is more in line atm after the nerfs so fine by me as well. Only one class that is able to make block work in a way that isn’t lackluster isn’t fine by me. If wearing a shield negates the ability to dodge things would be more in line but having the possibility to:

Get the most protections passively, get the best benefits and most protections from blocking, beeing able to stack a little ward again and again without loosing to much protections because the wards is almost instantly gone again and having dodge like everyone else is just to much from my point of view. Game system vise it makes sence but it’s simply overtuned compared to the possibilitys of other classes and even with crap gear.

It’s either time to buff the defences of some masteries or to tune down the overall effectivness of block in one way or another.

Yes! I think block should be added as something you can build into on any mastery. ESPECIALLY a melee build(Druid/Spellblade) makes no sense they dont have blocked nodes in there passives trees. I Think block itself is in a good spot, but holy aura and the FG node to get 50 protections per block might be a little overtuned.

Spellblade should be able to reach 80% block
Druid Should be able to reach 80% block
All other masters should be able to get 60%+ So they can build into it, LEts say Harvest Reaper form build or Swipe Beastmaster they should be allowed to have it.

1 Like

Yeah, I think that would be fair to add some block chance nodes (probably low on the passive tree) to the melee masteries. I’d rather buff some masteries than nerf Sentinel’s block.

I’m curious though, do Sentinels use block? I never have because it works against the Rallying Block node, but I’m curious how much dodge you could get if you went with those affixes instead of protections and got all of your protections from passives.

I think Spellblade and Druid get the dualwield treatment in the future but still dualwield is useless if you don’t increase your total damage by 100-150%. Right now it’s simply kind of suicidal to not use a shield.

Then again the shield is pretty much centered arround one class, and everyone seems to stupid to use it :D, and I would be okay with it if other classes get their defences tweaked for another 20%-30% possible dmg reduce like the usage of a shield offers in the end. It’s easiely done for ward but it get’s harder on the Primalist.