Balance: AoE and crowd size

Well to be honest i didn’t even thought of AoE is hitting ME(the Player) :smiley:
But yeah you are right, even if you cant dodge (at that moment) certain skills from enemies(especially bosses this could be intersting) it incentives trying to dodge.

But i am not sure if this would be a usefull mechanic for ALL aoe skills. So as a baseline mechanic i think it’s not very cool. But for certai nskills(from Players or enemies) it’s definitly an option to consider.

But i think this whole discussion probalby Needs a Little bit more time till the game devolops further, because i think for now REALLY many mobs on one point is just a thing for arena.

And as i stated in my previous post, some way to counter “everybody goes FULL aoe the whole screen” would be the introduction of very very very tough enemies(at the moment even some of the bigger yellow mobs with hp affixes are not suuuuper tanky) so every build would at least need some medicore singletarget damage

@Heavy
@JustLoveHnS
This sounds very interesting. Some skills already have that sweet spot with max or increases damage. Black Hole has a node to increase damage at the centre, Shatter Strike deals double damage in the zone in front of the player where the aoe “wings” overlap each other, also Glacier as already mentioned.

So I really like the idea to max damage in the centre of a aoe and fade the damage the further away enemies are. This in combination with radius indicators (you hold the button down to see the radius of your skill, also with different colour gradation for the different damage zones) would be really cool.

Also with reduced damage on the edges the on hit effects should decrease like ward gain for example. Especially Soul Feast could use this mechanic to not drain ward all over the map.

1 Like

second point is basically me saying that we’re making calculations more complicated than they need to be. And I think indeed that AOE should just be AOE damage and not scale with how many minions are inside of the AOE.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.