An Update on Our Road to 1.0

I understood the reference. But I imagine it can sometime be difficult to tell on the internet :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lesson learned. No more jokes on the internet!

2 Likes

i wasnt expecting a 2020 release anyway. glad to read that you take the time to flesh out a true release candidate instead of pushing out some half-arsed beta nobody would be happy with. i am totally fine with a delayed release aslong as the game leaves ea in good shape. thats what i care about the most.

Great news! This game is amazing and I look forward to the next patch(s).

1 Like

Are you sure you’re German? :wink:

1 Like

Heh, I kind of feel like this was a surprise to absolutely no one :stuck_out_tongue:

I have to admit, however, that I’m worried about now having no hint of any release date anywhere in the future at all (“whenever the game is ready”). A lot of games - like, a lot a lot - start saying this and then never leave early access. 7 Days to Die has been in early access for seven years even after they promised a release four years ago. I’m not saying Last Epoch is going to do that, but it’s hard to ignore the hundreds of promising games that have come before Last Epoch that have said the same thing and never came to fruition. We all want to believe our beloved game is going to be the exception, but remember, all those other games in the graveyard of early access were beloved by someone, too.

Also, my interest in the game is now substantially reduced. I was already taking it easy because I highly suspect that all of my progress is going to be wiped upon release, and I am not looking forward to losing potentially years of progress since it could release in 2024 or later for all we know. I was thinking losing a few months wouldn’t be a big deal, but now that there’s no release date at all, I’m starting to realize that I will have explored all the content of the game before it even comes out, just to have my hard work erased when it does. Not a good feeling.

Yeah, I get it, that’s what I signed up for when I bought in to early access, but at the time, it was with the promise of release in a matter of months, and now that promise has been reneged and it could be years. So, I think I feel appropriately frustrated.

Tl;dr The fact that there is now no timeline for release whatsoever is very worrying.

Well, there currently aren’t any plans to wipe characters at release (unless this plan changes in the future). But as of now the plan is as follows;

It is understandable that you would find this change cause for concern and frustrating if you have had prior experience with games that have been consistently pushed back (and let’s not even bring Star Citizen into this…). As Mike (via Andrew) said their plan is for our current characters to remain offline only characters when multiplayer is implemented, then any beta mp characters will be transferred to a “standard league” on launch so they can’t interfere with the economy or leaderboards of the launched game.

While they may not have made as much progress as we might want, they have been making consistent progress towards launch.

1 Like

The Fact he is German is the Reason why “No more jokes on the internet!”.

When they trying to be funny and it doesn’t work out well they’re like:
“NEIN! NEIN! NEIN! Du sollst LACHEN!” *Angry-Face" (roughly translated: “No! No! No! You should laugh!!!”)

1 Like

Hell yeah.
Keep up the good work and take the time needed.
Game is already great, cannot wait for further improvements and more content.

MAKE ARPG’s GREAT AGAIN !

The game itself is already great, I’d say its fairly safe to say it’s going to be a masterpiece you’ve all done amazing work!

I don’t know if this question has been already asked (and answered) but since the release date delay is now acted do you intend now to spread more content release ?
As there is now less urgency adn pressure from the previous release date does that mean we can expect a bit more spreading in such addition to the game ?
Or do you intend to work the same as before and keep the rythm of content release ?

While the rythm of content patches hasn’t changed much, the pure amount of content released in a patch has. The patches get bigger and bigger when the content stays the same.

I’m also curious if there is going to be a change in this pattern. For example release smaller patches more frequently.

1 Like

Absolutely the right choice! No rush… polish it up! :smiley: Thank you!

Alright ! Glad to hear you guys are taking your time on this already wonderful game!

Здравствуйте. Подскажите когда будет запущена работа над локализацией игры и будет в ней представлен русский язык?

2 Likes

Loosely translated: Hello. Tell me when will the work on the localization of the game be launched and the Russian language will be presented in it?

2 Likes

It seems like the dev’s lack of response to the update pace question has pretty much answered it. I’m starting to feel a bit sheepish about having recommended this game to so many people as in the past month we’ve had all kinds of teasers about upcoming changes… the devs go to a show a week ago… then silence… deafening silence… enough to make me actually log in on here and shout into the vacuum - “WHERE ARE YOU?!?” I’ve scanned the forums and there’s not much if anything from the devs. Was the announcement that they are slowing things down on the official release just a nice way of saying, “Don’t expect much from us in the months to come?” I certainly hope not, as I purchased this game SPECIFICALLY because of the pace of the updates and it appeared that the devs were making solid progress on their project and I wanted to support them. But for September… well… I’m pretty disappointed.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear you’re disappointed. As previously announced, we’re presently preparing to completely replace our website, and also plan to replace our launcher. We released a content patch last month, and will be releasing another next month. There hasn’t been any significant changes to our release cadence. We’re busier than usual, which means less time for talking.

Can I ask what this is based on?