Which damage bonuses are multiplicative?

Is intellegence multiplicative with spell damage and all others bonuses?
Is spell damage multiplicative with fire damage?
Is fire damage multiplicative with damage over time for ignite?
Nods of every skill which increase damage of this skill multiplicative with spell damage, right?

1 Like

Very similar to PoE, with the exception that ā€œIncreased Damage from Skill Treeā€ and ā€œIncreased Damage from Stats/Passives/Gearsā€ are multiplicative. More modifiers from each source are always multiplicative.

I think the key words are ā€œincreasedā€ and ā€œmoreā€, not the damage type itself. So increased fire damage from gear and increased spell damage from gear are additive. Please correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

2 Likes

Thank you!
I was pretty wrong about how this works :slight_smile:

Formula is : Damage = base damage * (1 + sum of increases from tree) * (1 + sum of increases from stats) * (1 + more modifier 1) * (1 + more modifier 2) * (1 + more modifier 3)ā€¦

That looks kinda familiarā€¦

Dont you know, is freezing rate from skill nods also multiplicative with sum of other freezing bonuses?

Everything from skill nodes is multiplicative to the same affixes from gear/passives.

1 Like

So what damage types are multiplicative?

if i have 600% fire damage and 100% spell damage, is spell damage going to give me more increase in damage than getting more fire damage? Cause i tried stacking to 300% spell damage on a dummy and I cannot notice a difference.

1 Like

Just to be super clear, no specific damage types are multiplicative or not multiplicative.

Scenario 1
If you have these 2 stats:

• 50% increased spell damage
  • 50% increased fire damage

and then cast Fireball , a fire spell, it will get 100% increased damage because multiple sources of increased damage are additive with each other. If the base spell deals 10 damage then with these stats, your fireball would deal 20 damage.

Scenario 2
If you have these 4 stats:

• 50% increased spell damage
  • 50% increased fire damage
  • 10% more spell damage
  • 10% more fire damage

and then cast Fireball, a fire spell, it will get 100% increased damage, 10% more damage and 10% more damage. If the base spell deals 10 damage then with these stats, your fireball would deal 24.2 damage because 10 * 2 * 1.1 * 1.1 = 24.2

You can replace the tags in the above examples with any tag in the game and it will work. We donā€™t use increased or more values of certain tags because it would cause other obscure problems like having a stat called 10% increased increased stun chance. (the 2x increased in the text is intentional and is the reason we donā€™t do it)

4 Likes

You could add to tooltip of skills
ā€œ137% more damage
60% more stun chaceā€
Which will show total bonuses from skill nods. This way it will pretty clear and handy.

1 Like

That sure looks like some great info to have in the game in the form of a guideā€¦dare I say a Game Guide. :laughing:

All jokes aside, canā€™t wait to read the actual game guide.

It is at least relatively simple in LE,

• everything increased is added together then applied (unless some of those ā€œincreasedā€ are inside of a skill tree)
  • except for anything inside a skill tree which is multiplicative with the same mods outside of the skill tree

There are relatively few ā€œmoreā€ modifiers (unlike PoE), so most of the modifiers youā€™ll get will be ā€œincreasedā€ & most will come from your gear/passives (& will therefore be added together).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.