What is "item rarity increased" at Monolith challenges?

I’m at 141% item rarity increased but I see less rare loot than when at 0%, I don’t get it. Am I supposed to see more Uniques dropped or less or more lvl 10 rares when I’m lvl 89? Please clarify because it is totally counter-intuitive at this point thanks.

As I understand it, rarity is rolled first when an item is dropped (that’s why you can still drop the unique helms/body armours where they got rid of the bases from the drop pool). So I’d expect to see more higher rarity items as a % of the total (so, fewer whites). Bearing in mind that the number of items that drop is based on how many mobs you kill, not the level of the monolith, or the number of timelines cleared, so if you’re seeing fewer items drop overall, that’s probably due to you killing fewer mobs, not due to the increased item rarity stat.

OK thanks for the reply, it looks like then that it’s the quantity of rare/unique items dropping more often vs the quality of items, does that about sum it up?

I think you’re mixing 2 things, killing more mobs gives you more drops from the chest at the end of the monolith (as well as more drops within the monolith). The item rarity stat will shift the ratio of those drops away from white towards rares/uniques/sets.

For example, if you had 0% increased item rarity, you might see 50% of items drop as white, 25% as blue, 15% as yellow & 10% as uniques/sets. With 100% increased item rarity, you might now only see 25% as white, 40% as blue, 20% as yellow & 15% as uniques/sets (numbers plucked out of my arse for demonstration, obviously).

But the quantity of items that drop is entirely dependant on how many mobs you kill, with their rarity being decided by the example numbers given above.

1 Like

OK cool I think I get it now thanks!

How does “item rarity increased” affect to purple exalted items? I mean, not necessarily numbers, but I would like to know if it affects the item drop or not.

1 Like

This was my confusion and still is my question.

Does item rarity increase ONLY the rarity of the item dropped, or also increase your chance for rare affixes? (Splintering doesn’t exist I’m convinced)

Also, does item rarity increase also affect the Tier level of the dropped items affixes? Are you more likely to get t4/5/6/7 when rarity is increased?

If it is solely making yellow/unique/set more likely to drop then it doesn’t have as much long term value as if it also increased affix quality and rare affix drop rate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.