What i think so far

Hello, just logged in to mention how decent the game is even in its alpha phase, not if this could be called beta but if it is, well … let’s continue anyway.

I would like to mention to the DEVs that I understand that early access is to test mechanics and receive recommendations, but how the hell am I going to try my best when I have to face the most obsolete and pitiful respect mechanism that has ever come out of the bowels of a developer, jesus christ.
Speaking of history, I have no idea what it is, since sometimes the NPCs are speaking, once they have subtitles and again no one knows where to look. Well, I decided to use the bottom fast fowards until the launch they decide to use other languages, better use subtitles in the Chat (Yes that chat that the game has, use it to put the conversations of the NPCs).

I think another thing I could mention is that for the love of the all powerful, I don’t know how difficult it would be, but implement a drop system for the character I’m using, I don’t know how many times I have to suffer the disappointment of seeing the drop of a unique item and see that it is not for my class, (swords, shields, pistols, machetes, spoons, forks, plates and etc.) everything but a devilish weapon for my class. (I suppose it will be the mechanics to keep us playing in circles).

Anyway … I think this game is better than Wolcen in his current state, but yet wouldn’t claim victory.

You brought up two difficult points because it seems, and I agree with them, this game is trying to get away from easy respec and smart loot system.

Maybe there is a place for smart loot, especially in some difficult encounters, where at least one drop could be tailored for your class, but going overboard with it, like in Diablo 3 for example, is not an solution. For me, one of the best thing during playing one character were item drops, which basically inspired me to play different characters.

For respec system, I like how it is in the game now and I don’t really want change it in some major way. My 2 cents.

5 Likes

What is it about the respec that you don’t like? How is it obsolete?

Absolutely agree with this. I’m not a fan of smart loot.

1 Like

There may be one or two threads about this & it’s a teensy bit devisive.

1 Like

I would vote against most smart loot. I like to farm for my alts.

4 Likes

You don’t say, I hardly noticed. :laughing:

I would just like to see the bosses actually drop loot. Some of them drop a potion or nothing at all. The fact that i find set items and uniques more commonly by destroying chairs is a bit odd IMO.

1 Like

Solo characters probably feel differently. I tried to do some more soul searching about the topic:

If all loot was smart, then I would never be able to farm for alts of different classes.
If no loot was smart, then some players may not like the drops that aren’t for their class and feel like some of their time is wasted.

If they put in a trade system and add multiplayer i feel like most of this problem would disappear.

For the most part, though it depends on what will be tradeable.

Specifically:

It’ll be interesting to see how that plays out. Maybe they’ll make 4x t5 rares untradeable. shrugs

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.