What do you like to listen to

Wow… that’s really cool.

It’s hilarious that this kind of music is a genre on its own. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Man im digging music types all the time because im in it :slight_smile: But i understand how you feelin Dungeon Synth is kind a secret music :DD

2 Likes

lately when playing beastmaster I’ve been listening to the old BeastMaster soundtrack. It just feels appropriate.

2 Likes

My grand dad was really into country and my dad inherited some of it - Hank Williams esp which I actually don’t mind too much.

Careful with Inferi, Infant Anhiliator, and to some extent Opeth and Gojira if you’re not used to metal, my friend. :stuck_out_tongue:

Johnny Cash knows what’s up - I’ll give him that. I think you’re right though, maybe it’s just Country Pop that I don’t like lol.

Huh. Reminds me of blackgaze stuff but without the guitar.

2 Likes

Ok, I checked out
Infant Anhiliator - Decapitation Fornication, I could get into this type of Metal, seemed pretty light-hearted and I got a real kick out of the video.
Inferi - Cursed Unholy, Was ok for me, maybe it was a little too serious after watching Infant Anhiliator.
Opeth - Blackwater Park, Now this is something that I did feel like was more my style of Metal. Seemed like a lot of depth and feeling in it. I also, like the fact that some of there stuff is like 12-15 min long. Probably going to add this to some of my music lists. Thanks for the suggestion.
Gojira - Stranded, I could also get into this as well. Don’t really have much to say about it. I like the sound, but it did not stir my soul much like Opeth did.

I’ll be listening to more. from all of these and adding to my playlists.
Thank you.

2 Likes

My music tastes are quite eclectic-- I like music from classic rock to its descendants in the 70s through 90s, but I guess my favorites are more modern metal, hard rock, etc. Also lots of different electronic music. I’ll list some albums I really like that are less popular and deserve more listeners:

Artist - Album

• dogleg - Melee | First full album from a high energy punk band, album of the year so far for me.
  • glass beach - the first glass beach album | Hard to pin a genre on this one. Post-emo with jazz influences? Really interesting to me.
  • Truckfighters - Gravity X | Stoner/hard rock, pretty popular in that community I think but not too well known overall.
  • Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb | Ska/Punk band. High energy and creative. Nice to have songs that feature more than just guitars and drums.
  • RichaadEB - Bullet Hell | Metal covers of Touhou songs. Never played the games but this guy makes great covers-- lots more on youtube.
  • Korpiklaani - Kulkija | Finnish Folk Metal. Yes.
  • Dan Terminus - The Wrath of Code | Dark synth music, not super 80s style but does scratch that itch a bit. Quite good.
  • MASTER BOOT RECORD - INTERRUPT REQUEST | Metal/synth hybrid with 80s/90s theming, but not in the normal way. References to DOS, and one of his main instruments is a synthesized floppy drive.
  • They Might Be Giants are one of my favorite bands and have basically nothing in common with the above. Creative lyrics and music, fun and catchy.

I’m gonna stop there before I need to break out a second post… I still feel like I’m leaving a lot of stuff out haha.

3 Likes

Awesome band, saw them live a couple of times.

I am a big sucker for all kinds of stoner rock/metal, especially some of the even more harder stuff, like Stoner Doom and others(Electric Wizard, Sleep, Stoned Jesus, Red Fang). But Truckfighters are an awesomeband, with awesome live shows.

Not really my cup of tea, but i saw them also live a couple of times on festivals. They put on really nice live shows and pump the crowd up to 101%.

I also must always curb myself, when talking about music. I could go on foreeeeever. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Composer: Brad Derrick
Game: ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE
Track: “Currents of the Odai”

This track is genius and it hits you in-game like a mental time bomb being unaware for some time what you’re actually listening to. Why haven’t I heard of this guy before?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.