What are your top 3 games (by hours played) in your steam library?

Yeah i played smite very HC myself was on same level as lizard but i did play paragon as my casual Moba super fun but never tried hard to push hard! Was a fun game for sure

1 Like

Mainly cause i can just boot up and play get whatever downloads needed done would get done then get into games faster. i used to have 3MB download and 0.3 upload. so standalone means only thing i wanted to play would be updated. while steam likes to keep everything going is generally more pain in the butt. Now its just because easier to organize !

True, but steam (for me at least) stops downloading as soon as I start a game up.

Of all time it would probably be:

SWTOR (thousands of hours)
LE (probably around 3k? I only played it on steam this year and its already at 1k+)
POE (1-2k+~)

Mine doesnt. i know i could change it in the settings. but at this point steam is just a library of games i sometimes go on and play. mainly co-op with wife. but yeah grew up on standalone sos i guess just what i prefer cause im used to it mroe

My top games

1. Path of Exile - 1,293 hours (lots more off steam)
  2. Factorio - 878 hours
  3. Last Epoch - 178 hours
  4. Grim Dawn - 130 hours
  5. Terraria - 109 hours

My REAL #2 is probably Minecraft, but that doesn’t record on steam.

I also don’t sit and play games for hours on end everyday.

My addictions… yes… some of them required an email to support to delete my account so that I could get my life back… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(in order of most played across multiple platforms)

PWI
PoE
WoW
Terraria
Grim Dawn
LE
Factorio
Borderlands 3
Diablo3
Witcher 3
Borderlands 2
Divinity II
Skyrim

no idea how long I played things like Morrowind, Wolfenstien, Doom, D2 etc.

1. Conan Exiles, 4915 hours (wont recommend starting this game as it will take over your life and one day you find yourself hiding your real money under the floorboards because youre afraid you will get raided :stuck_out_tongue:)

2. Grim Dawn, 2844 hours

3. Last Epoch 1106 hours (only started playing at v0.7.8 i think it was, otherwise i would probably have 3x that amount of hours)

Besides steam i think D2 and WoW lands at something like 5 years each.

Top 3 Played Games By Steam

Steam doesn’t include most games I play but here are my top 3 in steam library.

In first Place

In close second place

And in 3rd and just barely making the list

1 Like
  • Ark survival evolved 1,697 hours
  • Elder scrolls online 1,428 hours
  • PoE says 967 hours but ive been playing on official client prior to steam so thats about half the time i played.
  • Warframe 307 hours
    but if we ignore steam then

-D2 is my most played with about 20k hours pretty sure thats around it xD

• WoW
  • Ark survival
  • killer instinct and zelda a link to the past on snes must come close to those as well xD

@boardman21 damn 6k playtime on LE… man i gotta play overtime to catch up :open_mouth: i bet even sarno played less than you :stuck_out_tongue:

6.3k hours is redonculous…

I have to admit, some of these play times concern me and don’t seem healthy at all. 6309 hours, if played over 1 year would be just over 17 hours a day. If that was over 2 years, you are putting in a full work day, every single day with no days off.

The sheer amount of potential money that could have been made over the same number of hours is a bit staggering to me. At $15 an hour with 30% taxes it comes out to a bit more than $66,000.

Ill admit since i started playing LE 18 months ago ive gained some weight. But im still healthy as an ox!

Im making roughly $0.08/hour on youtube for my content on LE :slight_smile: Guess i keep my RL job for the time being lol.

4 Likes

#1 by far is PoE at 3,557 hours (plus maybe one or two hundred on the standalone client before the game was on steam)
#2 is borderlands 2 at 475
#3 is clicker heroes at 430 (that doesn’t count because the vast majority of that time was me leaving the game running with an auto-clicker overnight or while i was at work… but it’s still technically the #3.)
#4 (true #3) is last epoch with 300 hours exactly

looking at my other top games on steam, i tend to max out just under 250 hours on the games i play the most. tf2, skyrim, bl3 (that one’s on epic) all around that level and i have little to no interest in playing them any more. considering i’m still playing LE regularly and have several builds i want to try out, i’d wager it’s on track to overtake PoE one day. but that 3.5k hours took me like 7 years to reach so probably not any time soon. :smiley:

i hadn’t thought about this game in YEARS! i used to play it so much, but that was way before i had steam so i have no idea how many hours i put in it. if it were tracked in my library i’d say it’s likely to be top 3.

1. Dota 2
  2. Squad
  3. Last Epoch

And lots of Diablo 2.

1. Last Epoch - 2200h
    TBH half of my play time is probably just testing all kinds of random stuff in game.

2. Vanguard: Saga of Heroes - 2000h
    My favorite MMO of all time, played it from start to end (2007-2014). Doesn’t include hours played with pre-steam client, real play time is much much bigger.

3. Path of Exile - 1800h
    Very casual PoE player since 2011.

Long before steam I spent unethical amount of hours with the following games:
Subspace (Continuum), Diablo 1/2, Everquest

1. PoE (4,600 h)
  2. L4D2 (890 h)
  3. ARK (720 h)
  4. LE (695 h)
  5. Titan Quest IT (550 h), 6. Grim Dawn (532 h)

Maybe LE to move up 2nd place before official launch :smiley:

cs:go 900 hours
last epoch 320 hours
that’s it, the other games i play aren’t steam games.

Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Didnt check your math, but I have had the same concern at various times in my life based on my own playtime in games…

I don’t really see it as wasting time as I have enjoyed myself but there are times (especially as I get older and the time I have left on this blue ball diminishes) that I wonder how much of the thousands of hours I have spent on games could have gone toward something more productive or meaningful. I have easily spent the cliche 10 000h (debateable theory) on games and I always wonder what else I could have spent it on instead…

1 Like