Well, since the thread asks for our top 3 but we’re all ignoring that…
Path of Exile
- This is my top game on Steam by hours played, but I’ve also used GGG’s standalone client a lot - particularly in the past on Linux prior to Steam’s Proton feature.
- FS2 was originally released in 1999, and only became available on Steam in 2014. This is without question, by far, my true ‘most played’ game from any platform.
- This is a solid game that I’ve never quite invested my time into the way I know I could. While I have played it, the game remains part of the infamous Steam Backlog™.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
- Dawn of War II deserves to be higher on the list, but as it’s technically three separate games my Steam playtime is misleading. I played the original Dawn of War series much more, but that was prior to my current Steam account (mostly internet cafes).
- The Last Stand mode in DoW II was loads of fun!
- The majority of my time playing LE involves standalone clients I’ve built myself.
Those are in order of most-played to least-played according to Steam, though when 4/5 numbers are misleading they’re probably not worth including. Looking at games I’ve played exclusively outside of Steam, I sank a lot of time into Diablo II, Diablo III, World of Warcraft, and the original Guild Wars series. I probably played C-12: Final Resistance more than most people did…
@Llama8 Were you playing SWTOR primarily with friends, pugs, or solo? I tried installing it a few times but I never really got into it. I’ve played less than 100 hours - probably less than 60.
@RawSuicide Did you play much of Ember? Bit salty DE changed World on Fire, ngl.
@billysielu I’m a fan of space games, but I think I was worried about getting too into EVE.
I played WoW a lot before trying it, and didn’t want another game ‘taking over’, so to speak.