What are your top 3 games (by hours played) in your steam library?

After reading @XLVI_carpo’s last line here, I wondered what my most played game on Steam was.

Turns out it’s

• PoE (2,921.7 hours, not counting the many, many hours I played it on their launcher) with
  • LE (1,106.2 hours) &
  • Grim Dawn (1,042.5 hours) coming up a distant-ish second & third.

Though that doesn’t include SWTOR (played it almost exclusively for a good 3-5 years) & D3. A “good” game usually captures me for anywhere up to 1-200 hours.

What’s yours?

My Top top played games are:

• LE (683 hours)
  • Warframe (563 hours)
  • Rocket League (542 hours)
  • Atlas Reactor (229 hours)

But I’m also a gaming nomad. I played ALOT of WoW and Team Fortress 2. And a shit ton of other games that brought fun for a short time (SWTOR also is one of them).

2 Likes

Taking a bit of liberty coz some of these hours weren’t via Steam. But it’s roughly this…

1. Subspace Continuum (~20k hours)
  2. EVE Online (~10k hours)
  3. Counter Strike (~1k hours)
  4. Rise of Nations (~500 hours)

Atlas reactor we could have met under my old name never realized. LUL Sad to see that game shut down its servers was quite a good fun back in the day.

1 Like

You heard of Atlas Rogues?

1 Like

I have not. Also not sure how i feel. something i’d need look into

Well, since the thread asks for our top 3 but we’re all ignoring that… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Path of Exile
    • This is my top game on Steam by hours played, but I’ve also used GGG’s standalone client a lot - particularly in the past on Linux prior to Steam’s Proton feature.
  • Freespace 2
    • FS2 was originally released in 1999, and only became available on Steam in 2014. This is without question, by far, my true ‘most played’ game from any platform.
  • Grim Dawn
    • This is a solid game that I’ve never quite invested my time into the way I know I could. While I have played it, the game remains part of the infamous Steam Backlog™.
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
    • Dawn of War II deserves to be higher on the list, but as it’s technically three separate games my Steam playtime is misleading. I played the original Dawn of War series much more, but that was prior to my current Steam account (mostly internet cafes).
      • The Last Stand mode in DoW II was loads of fun!
  • Last Epoch
    • The majority of my time playing LE involves standalone clients I’ve built myself. :nerd_face:

Those are in order of most-played to least-played according to Steam, though when 4/5 numbers are misleading they’re probably not worth including. Looking at games I’ve played exclusively outside of Steam, I sank a lot of time into Diablo II, Diablo III, World of Warcraft, and the original Guild Wars series. I probably played C-12: Final Resistance more than most people did…

@Llama8 Were you playing SWTOR primarily with friends, pugs, or solo? I tried installing it a few times but I never really got into it. I’ve played less than 100 hours - probably less than 60.

@XLVI_carpo Did you play much of Ember? Bit salty DE changed World on Fire, ngl.

@billysielu I’m a fan of space games, but I think I was worried about getting too into EVE. :stuck_out_tongue:

I played WoW a lot before trying it, and didn’t want another game ‘taking over’, so to speak.

@Sarno EVE is not worth getting into now. It’s getting worse over time, and you’ll get crushed by people who’ve played 10+ years.

I have children (& a dog), I’m used to being ignored. I just ignore them back…

Yeah, I played it with a friend from Sacred 1 & 2 and his guild from LOTRO. We started at launch (though I got into the beta) & played all the way through to probably ~3 years ago or so when they started releasing the Gods of the Machine raid bosses piecemeal. We were primarily a raiding guild & them (effectively) having a ~1-2 year gap in between raids & that kinda pissed us off (along with the previous 2 expansions being solo content in an MMO).

1. Grim Dawn 2.252 hours
  2. LE 716 hours
  3. Skyrim 303 hours

Ember was the first Frane I got the Prime version. So I played her a lot. But I quit Warframe some time ago so I did not recognize they removed World On Fire (WTF).

I played Nidus and Valkyr primarily.

They go Steam EA on November 18th. I’ll defenitely give it a shot. While it’s not PvP, I’m looking forward to meet all the Freelancers again. There’s hope they may implement a PvP mode if/when the game becomes healthy.

It was one of my saddest moments in gaming, when they shut down.

1 Like

Close, but it’s actually WOF. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Stellaris - 1,912 hours of genocide err peaceful space exploration.
Grim Dawn - 877 hours most of it with mods.
Last Epoch - 564 hours

My Diablo 2 and 3 numbers are probably higher than all of them but I don’t know where to find that info (or if I even can with D2).

Agreed. i was deeply saddened. it was one of the few games i had a badge of honor so to speak. there was an emblem in game that was a red cracked bell. which was my old channel logo! could only be obtained through beating me or giveaways. So very few had it cause i was one of the few top players! So when it went down it stung a lot for me since it was still one of my favorite games of all time cause it fit that weird niche of Tactical teamplay. So ill 100% check it out

1 Like

I was Hutt Ball addicted with my Headhunter. Something EHG should implement in LE. Would give Knockback a better weight :wink:

Path of Exile

3,162 hours in total

AdVenture Capitalist

1,164 hours in total (but it’s an afk game)

Grim Dawn

166 hours in total

PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS

159 hours in total

Divinity: Original Sin 2

150 hours in total

Last Epoch

83 hours in total. It comes 10th. I’m trying not to spoil myself too much as i wait for my friend to play together. (and therefore online patch)

So here is my List:

https://imgur.com/hlzaKlT

Marvel Heroes is my most played game of ALL time. I have something in the realm of 5-6k hours, because it was not released on steam immediately. (And to this day it was my most fun game i have ever played). I probably have more play time on my main two main characters in Marvel Heroes, than gametime on any other games :smiling_imp:

After That i was a huge MOBA addict. I probably played all mobas, but most of them are not on Steam. (Played thousands of hours HoN and LoL (early LoL, when it was way better >.<)

Also not on this list is Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning, because it was not on steam (i think i gathered like 2,5k hours on my old xfire account, anyone remember xfire?!?), which was my first “online game” i palyed and to this day, my best MMO experience.

My top 3 on steam are

Number 1: Neverwinter online at 1458 hours!

Number 2: PoE at 954 hours

Number 3: Final Fantasy 14 at 779 hours.

TLDR. i dont use steam alot cause i prefer standalone clients. so if we included those then Smite be number 1 at 12K hours followed by WoW 9k hours. Then PoE 4k hours. But since this is steam only i gave my legit numbers

1 Like

MoBa players unite! n1

Really liked some character designs in Smite, but never liked the 2-axis 3rd person scheme. (Only played beta(few month after release and then on and off very sporadically)
But played paragon Top 1%, which was way more my alley.

1 Like

Why do you prefer standalone clients?