My Account
× My Account Media Forum Supporter Packs

We've Completely Redesigned the Dialogue UI!

We’re continuing our overhaul of the user interface in Last Epoch.

Here’s a sneak peek of the redesigned Dialogue UI. We’d love to know what you think!

You may need to click on the file for it to begin playing.

The box itself looks nice! I assume it rapidly collapsing and then expanding upon clicking options will be fixed before this is officially put in, yes?

Mmmm. Not sure I find this too different though I think the collapsing animation is probably welcome.

The original dialogue boxes didn’t felt good for sure but I couldn’t quite put my finger on the problem and not 100% sure if such subtle animations would change the feels.

Looks cool, but what is the point of that circle on the left?

Looks more comfortable!
Current style too ascetic and tiny.

NPC portrait.
Devs, can we have a tooltip for the portrait? Character’s brief textual description. More lore opportunities and such.

Will there be an option to advance in conversations by pressing a number on the keyboard?
For example pressing 1 to select the first opion in a convo

the visuals look great. as long as there’s consistency with where you’re clicking I think that’s the most important thing for me personally. the issue with the current system is that it doesn’t feel that intuitive to accept/hand-in quests quickly if you’ve done them before. if the first option stayed in a similar place on the screen and also allowed you to accept/hand it in with the same option it might feel a bit better