Wengari mobs cause FPS drop

When maps are full of Wengari - berserker, brute, raider etc - FPS can be badly affected.

I was running The Stolen Lance, doing Solarum Ascent and noticed a huge FPS drop as I ran through, skipping mobs, running teleporting to the end … FPS kept getting worse and worse, from 117 to around 10-20 when I completed the timeline.

Player.log (2.0 MB)

I have done similar run-to-the-end in Solarum Ascent with different mob types and do not get the FPS drop.

Again, when running the Wengari quest (1st quest in Stolen Lance), running to the end, skipping mobs, the FPS drops dramatically until I have killed the boss at the end and completed quest. I logged out after 1 more timeline to get log.

Player.log (486.6 KB)

“Particle System is trying to spawn on a mesh with zero surface area
(Filename: Line: 1682)” repeated massively in both logs.

Edit. Same thing again in Burning Forest. Map full of wengari which I ran and TP’d past. FPS dropped to 1 while killing boss and after quest complete still remained low. No mobs in combat range and I stood there for a while waiting for trailing mobs to catch up to me but none arrived and FPS never recovered to normal until I left area.

Player.log (33.8 KB)

By chance, my next run after logging back in was Burning Forest, this time overflowing with beetles and crabs. Same tactic - run and TP to end - no FPS loss. This is the log so you can compare the 2 runs.

Player.log (34.6 KB)

Next run was full of wengari on a beach map. Huge FPS drop, but after killing boss I backtracked and killed a few packs and the FPS went back to normal.

Player.log (33.1 KB)

Update 23/8/20

I re-ran the Wengari quest, but this time I tested a bit more. I set graphics settings to very low to make sure it wasn’t that. I ran halfway (no TP’s) and fps dropped from 138 to around 50. I then backtracked and cleared the mobs I’d run past. I had run past about 8 or so shamans and as I killed each one on the backtrack, the fps gradually improved until I’d killed the last one (the first one I’d ran past) when it recovered to normal.

I then continued running until the boss and the fps kept dropping to around 50 and again, only recovered gradually as I backtracked, clearing the mobs I’d run past. There didn’t seem to be shamans in this 2nd part.

But something seems to be happening with mobs I have run past and forgotten still doing something that is dramatically affecting fps. And I’m not experiencing it with any other mobs to any noticeable significance.

Player.log (24.9 KB)

1 Like

Update 25/8/20.

This is a screenshot from a monolith run in Majalan Slums.

Wengari Shaman

The 2 shamans in the top left kept continually casting their shield/protection on their allies, only pausing to cast totems at my feet.

None of the mobs attacked me, I was not in agro range, I stood there for a couple of minutes watching shamans casting spells every second, buffing their allies.

Occasionally, the 2 shamans would each cast a totem at my feet (image shows 2 totems) every 15(?) seconds. They never attacked me and neither did the other mobs. Just 2 totems.

They obviously know I’m there somehow or they wouldn’t cast their totems at my feet.

But it’s almost as if they are in a loop that only ends when they have been killed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.