Wave 600+ Lich Build

yeah, my bad, have already a necro :blush:

Looks like a fun build! Im trying a different type of low life lich, the one Thyworm did. However, is this one better or does it matter on the gear you get?

You definitely wanna get the dodge on gear. And after that weapon givws you alot morw damage than anything else. Chest piece mgives extra ward. Helm hekms with dodge and ward

1 Like

Lvl 56 lich at the moment and going on !!
Have around 70% dodge and > 100% glancing blow…
I feel very powerful and have a lot of fun so far :grin:

1 Like

Am I the only one lagging with this build ? I suspect the Wandering Spirits to cause these lags :frowning:

No, there’s several posts in the bug forum about it.

The questions are reasonable (I’m also curious as to why going with dodge), but your attitude & how you’re asking them really isn’t. Here are the forum rules, incase you missed them.

Specifically, this & this.

Edit: Boardman, it’d be appreciated if you could equalise the volume of your voice & the music when you switch to a gameplay section. I find myself turning the volume up to listen to you & then getting a blast of music before I can turn it down to a sensible volume.

1 Like

Cheap91140, have the same problem with the lag that removes the fun for me to play with the lich.
So he is level 65 atm, last time i reached wave 104 at arena on my first try but i have stopped and waiting for some patch to fix that “continious trying to move” thing.

Here’s the written breakdown:

Skills

Rip Blood

1/1 Evicerate
4/5 Splatter
1/5 Hemomancer
6/6 quenching
3/3 Mana Feast
1/1 Hemotology
2/4 Arcane Absorbtion
1/1 Rip Spirit
1/1 Arcane Fortress

Soul Feast

4/4 Soul Seeker
2/4 Wrest
1/1 Usurp
4/4 Soul Bastion
4/4 Hunger
4/4 Celerity
1/3 Damned

Wandering Spirits

2/4 Souls of Rage
1/1 Spectral Putrescence
3/3 Soul of Filth
2/4 Spectral Scorn
3/4 Lingering Souls
3/3 Spirit Swarm
1/1 Infectious Dead
5/5 Thin Veil

Mark of Death

6/6 Lingering Curse
3/5 Flow of Anger
5/5 Long Gaze
1/1 Icy Manipulation
4/4 Imposing Will
1/1 Terror

Transplant

1/3 Acolyte’s Fervor
3/3 Dance of Blood
2/5 Sadism
3/3 Pale Blood
1/1 Reign of Blood
3/3 Bone Armor
2/2 Plated Bone
1/1 Simulacrum
1/1 Purgatory
3/3 Ivory Court

Passives

Acolyte

8/8 Forbidden Knowledge
7/8 Blood Aura
5/5 Blood Pact

Lich

8/8 Crippling Insight
5/5 Survival of the Cruel
8/8 Dance with Death
3/3 Wraith Bringer
1/10 Soul Barrier
1/1 Hollow Lich
8/8 Desolation
4/5 Mental Cacophony
8/8 Unclosing Wounds
8/8 Apocrypha
10/10 Decaying Form
8/8 Ageless Ascetic
10/10 Mind over Body
5/5 Soul Maw

Gear

Gear
Boneclamor Barbute
Plague Bearer’s Staff
Exsanguinous

Hands

Intel
Glancing Blow Set
Helath Flat
Dodge Flat

Belt

Dodge %
Glancing Blow Set
Dodge Flat

Boots

Glancing Blow Set
Dex
Health
Dodge Flat

Necklace

Dodge rating set
Dodge %
Dodge Flat
Health Flat

Rings

Dodge rating set
Dodge Flat
Health Flat
Damage over time / Dex (1 each ring)

Relic

Glancing Blow set
Dodge Set
Armor
Mana

Idols

Increased damage over time while low health w/ Ward Retention
Increased cooldown recovery speed with transplant

2 Likes
  1. You lose about halve the ward gain by taking the recast option and we have proven you dont need it…

2. Dodge is useless? 70% dodge = 70% less damage from hits. Not sure how thats useless.

3. I am trying to get all the volumes equalled out @Llama8 i wish there was just 1 button that did it for me but i can easily turn down the music volume at end. (Still new to this video editing stuff)

4. @SirReal Awesome job with your written breakdowns!!! Much apreciated keep up the good work!

thanks, I’m already typing it out, might as well share it. Also, if you see anything wrong or if I need to modify, HMU!

I have an Issue with the LICH build its a nice build but my caracter is pretty Laggy when he walks someone else got the same issue its the only build that the character have a problem to walk correctly and i know its not my machine

Ryzen 7
16gig ram
rx580 8GIG
2x ssd 240Gig

thanks !!

It didnt lag for me at all all the way to wave 646, but most likely its due to the wondering spirits and i’ve heard if you have them in the 4th slot ® its worse, if you have them there try moving them to 1,2,3,q,w,e, slots on the skill bar and if that helps.

Are you using Wandering Spirits? If so, known issue

i actually use Wondering spirit on the Fourth slot i will change it to qwe instead
thanks

ok thanks

haaaaaaaa Working Thanks !!! way better

1 Like

So looking at the build, you stack damage over time and poison damage, and your main source of poison damage is a small bit from tree, and the Plague Bearer’s staff. You don’t actually have any DOT in the build besides that. Really seems like the build is being carried by the staff. Almost everything else is focused on defense. Not an objection to the build really, just commenting cause it sounds like the build will be borked if the staff gets nerfed.

roughly 90% of my builds will be “borked” if boardman’s plague staff is nerfed.

EDIT: when i say “my” builds i mean what i have showcased on youtube, no all are mine, this one in particuliar is built off of @LizardIRL Build.

Except, as I have mentioned before, the staff isn’t actually that “OP”. Yes, it gives up to 250% chance to poison, while the best other ailments can get is 210% global ignite on Soulfire, 200% melee ignite on the Eye of Reen or 170% (global ignite) on the Torch of the Pontifex. You could argue that Plague Bearer’s chance to poison should be reduced a bit, but the staff doesn’t provide increased poison damage like Pontifex & Eye of Reen do.