Warpath + Dark Nexus node patch 0.7.9e Important Suggestion

Hello,

I ve’ logged in today to play my warpath Forge Guard as usual and I find that I am constantly mana-starved. Then I noticed that the Dark Nexus node had been changed to give mana every 3 seconds while channeling Warpath.

While I applaud the idea of having the means to restore mana while channeling warpath (which was something that the skill needed) I believe the current implementation is lacking.

At the moment you need to channel for three complete seconds in order to get that mana returned to you. If you interrupt your 3-second channel to cast a spell, move your character or perform any other action the 3-second timer is reset and you need to start all over again before you can get any mana back.

Unless your every other ability is instant and does not interrupt channeling these changes cripple your mana regeneration. I think it makes more sense that you get the mana return for every 3 seconds of channeled warpath, i.e you do not reset the 3-second timer if you perform other actions.

Right now its as if you are punishing players that want to use a combination of non-instant skills along with warpath.

Or reduce the mana you get to 1/3 but return it every second.

That would basically make it behave almost the same as before, if it was refunding mana every second it would be the same as costing less mana to channel it :stuck_out_tongue:

Am happy to have it refunded every 3 seconds of channeling as long as the timer is not reset every time you interrupt channeling.

1 Like

Decided to try a bit more, I have to say that these changes really suck, mana efficiency has been completely trashed with the new Dark Nexus Node, you just drain your mana and you never get the full 3 second channeling time to refund mana.

I am playing a 2H build and now the subtree meant to support this playstyle is worthless.
I have no idea if the devs read this, but what about the rest of the people here? What do you think? Or is it people just not playing warpath since you have smite/vengeance builds because of the crazy +50% dmg idols.

Warpath is unplayable

It was one of the first skills I tried and really liked it - even on a controller its really smooth, but then last year sometime they heavily nerfed the mana sustain and other things

I had a Holy Fire paladin that did literally 6 damage with Warpath but would use Holy Fire aura and theres a skill to proc a ‘fire exposion’ every XX hits against mobs, EHG increased the hit rate to 9? I cant remember now and gutted Warpath even when stacking utility only to not be able to be spammed doing basically 0 damage, this was one reason I shelved the game for a while and haven’t looked at Warpath since

edit: just on that note I don’t really think managing mana is fun in any aspect. I tried a Spriggan build recently even with the belt that restores mana and its not fun to deal with as you accidentally ‘spend too much mana’ you now return to human form with a nice 20 second cooldown, just felt really bad to use as you have to ALWAYS manage this mana and it aint for me

Gotta agree with all comments here. A lot the supporting skills are spells such as Abyssal Echoes and Devouring Orb are not inst cast hence interrupt and then you are out of Mana before you blink. Also Volatile Reversal, although insta cast, is not spell i can play with as spinning forward 10yards then being taken back 7 yards is not how a whirlwind build can be played.

I currently have a lot of fun with my warpath paladin currently.

I’m using a crit build and are not using the dark nexus nodes on my actual build. I find the time I can spin until oom ok. I use vengeance for mana reg and on hard hitting enemies.

The manadrain before some recent updates on warpath was worse. Also damage got buffed. I mean the tweaks before 0.7.9

I can’t really tell a big difference in damage with the latest hot fix.

Can’t say I have issues with warpath currently. From what I understand you guys have had better mana sustain before the hot fix? Shouldn’t it be better than before? Pre patch you could only reduce mana drain. Now you get mana back, what was not possible before. Without testing I would’ve guessed that you could now increase spin time up to forever if you don’t stop channeling. Isn’t that the case?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.