Wandering Spirits Interferes With Movement (halting, stopping, walking in place, laggy motion)

On this short video you can see how minions stoped my hero and I run at one place
On large places like Arena this effect not very noticeable, but on small trails I can’t control a hero

Than I stop use Minions Skills all fine wtih movement

This is a known bug, primarily with Wandering Spirits. We have a planned fix but unfortunately it likely won’t be in a 0.7.7 hotfix. Apologies for the trouble!

Hello! I wanna report a bug Wandering spirit is altering my movement

The more point i put into thin veil, the more lag movement i get. ( Only have 3 points in it on the video)

Several posts on this already:

1 Like

ahhh my bad, i searched and saw one… It was closed, made me think they resolved the issue back then.

im surprised since the post was a few month old. It should have been fixed by now :thinking:

Making the class almost unplayable if you use wandering spirit ^^

Just wanted to attach on to this and say that I’m experiencing the same behavior

Same issue here, does it lag everyone’s movement? If so how are they getting top of ladder with it?

That is an excellent question. I end up getting so impeded by the spirits with hitchy movement or just stopped in the middle of the map, that the packs just destroy me. I’ve ended up shelving the character for the time being.

Same here. THe issue becomes worse the more ghosts spawn from you.

I really hope this is going to be fixed in 0.7.8 because it is a game breaker.

I’ve benched my Lich for now, as I am dying to often because my character doesn’t move when I want it to. Like getting out of poison pools etc. Making this class/skill no fun at all.

I can’t understand why having more ghost is causing the issue! As my PC is running the game at about 10% CPU and 25% GPU, during this stutters. There aren’t spikes when new ghost appear, or when recast. So it isn’t my PC being taxed. SSD is an M.2 so can basically move the whole game in less than 2 seconds. And my RAM is 16 GB DDR5 3.2Ghz.

I wonder if the game is treating the spirits as objects for pathfinding purposes & that’s causing it to re-calculate a path as they move around. That would explain why more spirits = more/worse stuttering.

I think Llama8 nailed it. I started an Acolyte and had the skeletons running around with me. I would notice a brief slowdown when I would try to run through a doorway with one of the minions in the way. I then Mastered Lich and put wandering spirits on my bar. I started noticing this issue (running in place like a lag spike) when I first used the skill. I put it on autocast and the stutter stepping got a bit worse. I continues to add points to wandering spirit (adding cool down reduction & more/faster spawning) and now I am at the point where my toon runs in place for about 1 to 2 seconds before reacting to a left mouse click. These spirits are creating some kind of blockade (both to my gameplay and enjoyment :wink:) Hopefully Devs are fixing in 7.8? Perhaps there is a setting the streamers are using because I seen a few videos out there where they seem to have no issues with spirits all over the map! I’m talking to you LizardIRL and Boardman :stuck_out_tongue:

I also see a slowing effect when holding the move button while going through a narrow doorway, I assume this is due to the game constantly updating the pathing while the button is held down. The narrow doorway constrains the paths available to the game which 'causes it to recalculate frequently?

Thank you all for the reports.

We expect this issue to be resolved in Patch 0.7.8.

Hi there,

Im finding movement with necromancer really bugged, get stuck alot in open spaces. It doesnt happen on my mage. I would click somewhere and my character doesnt move, i have to teleport in order to get unstuck.

Are you using Wandering Spirits?

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/wandering-spirits-lag/18884/3

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.