Void Knight QoL idea for Volatile Reversal

I’ve been playing my void knight recently and I thought of a really cool little UI feature that could be added for the Volatile Reversal skill. Basically a purple line would track your mana and life showing where they were 2 seconds ago so that you know exactly how much you will have of each when you use the skill. Of course this would be adjusted if you get the ancient reversal node (increases the time you reverse by 1 second per point) as well.

This line would only need to show up as long as the ability is set as one of your active abilities and could otherwise be hidden. I think it would make the ability feel a bit smoother to play as you are always aware of the information you need to use it best. Maybe that’s against the idea of its original design though, it could be that it was specifically intended to be the type of thing you need to keep track of in your head. Either way I think something like that could be nice to have, even as a node on the skill tree. Thoughts?

3 Likes

Sounds like an awesome idea.

i also think this is great idea as very difficult to track. I am trying to play Volatile Reversal with a Warpath build, thinking that it will help with the mana sustain (over and above the 0.7.9d changes yesterday)

But the thing that really annoys me with the skill is spinning 10 steps forward and going 8 steps back. Makes it so i will never use the skill it is so infuriating. Could there not be a node maybe which says “apply reversal to all things except moving your current position” ?

1 Like

This would be nice. This skill is really good in the end game boss fights for my smite void knight because it can move me out of the way of deadly attacks instantaneously

this get a +1 from me

Could there not be a node maybe which says “apply reversal to all things except moving your current position” ?

I’m a fan of enabling playstyle personalization, but honestly I would never take that node. The defensive mobility on this skill is a huge part of the skill’s value. Learning how to time your rewinds so that you don’t go somewhere you didn’t want to go is an important player-skill aspect to using this power well.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.