Updating the Skeletons Used in Last Epoch

We’re replacing the skeletons used in Last Epoch!

The skeletons our Art Team are working on will not just look better than the dated models we currently use, they will also perform better due to having lower poly counts.

We’re creating new models for both summoned minions and enemies, so this will bring performance improvements when large numbers of skeletons are on the screen, regardless of whether they’re your army or the sinister forces of the Immortal Empire.

Concept Art

Skeletal Archers

Skeletal Casters

Skeletal Warriors

22 Likes

man, you guys are doing an amazing job!

6 Likes

Show me rogues and death knights this instant! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

8 Likes

So is Acolyte getting skeletons that evolve as they level or how is the 3 different versions going to work?

Oh man, this is beyond sick!

1 Like

I need the elite and commander versions for the pets. They look absolutely amazing. Good Job!

I hope this one isn’t getting replaced :grimacing:

3 Likes

I can already see the blizzard comments coming and you know it’s your fault @Sarno :joy:

1 Like

I just did what was asked of me. It isn’t my fault! :cry:

3 Likes

As usually, excellent job guys! I cant wait for next patch.

You guys have been absolutely crushing it this quarter! Stay safe, stay grindin. We appreciate all the hard work :beers::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Damn, whoever is doing your concept art sheets for these last few updates is knocking it out of the park: I showed them to a few of my visual-arts friends and all of them commented on how nice it is to see such a comprehensive concept piece, especially the example materials and consistent color swatches.

4 Likes

Most of them are done by Sergey.

I’m a huge fan of his work! I’ll pass on your kind comments to him tomorrow. :smile:

3 Likes

Looking great ! Not only do they look way better, but performance opti for summoners is also always greatly welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking awesome !

They’re beautiful, my children…

As someone starting a Minion-Master this makes me ecstatic. They look amazing!!! Cant wait to see them in game!

Sorry, but am I the only one that thinks there is something wrong with this community?! :thinking::roll_eyes:

I can remember the discussion about the new Acolyte Armor models where people said “Oh no, the skirt is too short…” And now people stare at pictures of skeletons and commenting “beautiful” and “this makes me ecstatic”… :scream:

What’s wrong with you people?!

Ah… and on topic: Very nice artworks. Looking forward to beat the shit out if them with my big fat and really huge d…damn sceptre :blush:

3 Likes

Maybe they like thin women.
Really, really thin…

1 Like