(Unusually) High VRAM Usage

Hello, first I’d like to say - this isn’t meant as a complaint as I know the game is still in beta, and issues are going to come up, this is more to inform what’s happening with my system. Here is my issue:

I came back to play after a few months, when I run the game it uses all 8GB of dedicated RAM from my GPU (as seen in the image in the zip folder “GPU Usage” attached), HWinfo and AMD’s software show this as well. I’ve attached the DxDiag but this is on an 8GB Vega 56 GPU. I have my settings turned crazy low for my hardware (basically everything is medium or lower @ 1080p) as well. Beyond that I’ve also recently turned Radeon Chill on and set it to make it so I can play for a bit before the PC gets too hot. In that image I’ve marked the spikes. 1 is opening the game, from 1-2 is just the load screen. 2-3 is the log in screen. 3-4 is character selection and after 4 is logged into the character. Then it just stays maxed @ just under 8GB usage.

I’m sure this isn’t right and it’s causing a couple issues. One is during story mode (as a spell blade mostly using shatter strike) I drop down to about 35-40 FPS during medium sized fights. The other is that my computer is reaching temps that no other (I mean no other) game makes it reach.

Let me know if you need anything else. I’m not expecting a solve right away, but if you happen to have one that I wasn’t able to find when searching that would be wonderful!

Thanks!

GPU Usage.zip (26.5 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (493 Bytes)
DxDiag.zip (15.3 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.