Two small questions about Tempest Strike

Are the procs like Lightning Bolt actually affected by stats such as melee spell damage and melee shock chance? Or are they entirely separate, just scaling off of spell damage?

Also, does a multiplier that affects “melee physical spells” apply to Tempest Strike, like from Orchirian’s Petals? I’m assuming yes because it has all three of those attributes on its tooltip, but I’d like to be sure.

Tempest Strike is a melee attack that has a % chance to cast spells, the melee hit is affected by all the usual melee modifiers & the spells are affected by all the usual spell modifiers. Lightning wouldn’t be affected by any melee modifiers.

Orchirian’s Petals affects phys spells, so it would affect the Earth Spikes proc from Tempest Strike and other physical spells like Ice Thorns, Maelstrom (with the Cyclone node), Tornado & Avalanche.

“Melee physical spells” is not a thing. A skill is either a melee skill, or a spell skill (or a Throwing Attack).

Right, I worded that poorly. I mainly mean because Tempest Strike has physical, melee and spell on its tooltip, so I don’t know what applies.

Yeah, the different tags apply to the different sections of the skill.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.