Twink Levelling Guide - How to gear your alt characters to reach endgame quickly - No Rare affixes required

TL;DR = Dodge, Movement Speed, DPS. Gear planner here. Explanations below.

Hi everyone, I would like to share how I usually level up my alts with very common unique items and can still get a very good result. This guide will ONLY feature commonly dropped uniques and affixes. We will not use a single set affix so you can keep those for your endgame characters. These uniques all have low level item base, so you can gamble for them cheaply if you don’t have them. If you don’t know how to gamble uniques, watch @Thyworm’s video here

We only care about 3 stats:

• Dodge

• Movement Speed

• DPS

My alts usually run around with 1k Dodge Rating and 55%+ Movement Speed at level 9 (70%+ if using Falcon). 1k Dodge Rating translates to 70% Dodge at level 50, so you don’t need to recraft your defensive gears for the entire campaign.

Weapon

It’s important to recraft the weapon every few levels so your damage doesn’t fall off. I highly recommend to use a 1h weapon because the campaign mobs are not really tanky, so you can use Close Call for massive survivability (discussed below). It makes a smoother experience as you can just facetank almost anything with any class.

• If you are levelling a melee character, find the base with the highest flat damage, and then craft another flat damage. The most common affix to craft is the Marauder (Melee Physical Damage).

• If you are levelling a spellcaster, find a wand that has the highest Adaptive Spell Damage and just craft increased spell damage.

• If you are levelling a summoner, there are pretty good unique weapons for them. Reach of the Grave, Pebbles’ Femur, and Beast King. You can also just use a crafted weapon with relevant minion stats.

Shield

• Close Call. This is the biggest source of flat dodge that you can get at early levels. You can get up to 180 flat dodge and 40% increased dodge for every recent block.

Gloves

• Riverbend Grasp. This is the biggest source of Increased Dodge that you can get at early levels (up to 140%).

Belt

• The first option is Vipertail.. It can give you up to increased 60% dodge and the base item is only level 6.

• The second option is The Scavenger. It can give you up to 45% Increased Dodge and Haste on Potion Use. You can only wear this at level 14.

Chest

• First option is The Falcon. You can wear this from level 1 and it gives you up to 70 flat Dodge and 15% Movement Speed on hit. It’s pretty much made for levelling alts. As of 0.7.8, you can’t gamble The Falcon anymore, so you might want to look at the second option below.

• Second option is a crafted chest with flat dodge.

Rings

• 2x Arboreal Circuits. These rings can give you up to 18% movement speed each (up to 36% if you have 2). The illusory tree is also really helpful as it can help to deaggro enemies.

Boots

• Mourningfrost. These boots can give you up to 29% movement speed and up to 10% max health at level 8.

Other Slots

• All other slots are optional and you can keep them blank for the entire campaign.

• You can craft flat Dodge on Helmet and Amulet if you need more dodge.

• You can use whatever Relic you want.

That’s it for the guide. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

7 Likes

Great guide with lot of detailed information!!
Thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

nice guide :slight_smile:

Fantastic summary!

Well, this gave me a mental boost. I suck big time at creating builds but I can level stuff pretty quickly. I do almost all of what you’ve got in here, glad to know at least that part of the game I’ve got a handle on!

I’d also add if you’re leveling a melee character trading out Riverbend (and a bit of dodge) for Fighting Chance cam seriously boost your DPS. Yes, you do lose the big dodge boost but I’ve found that what dodge you have left and the higher DPS up until around the mid level 30s you’re killing stuff so fast it never comes into play.

I usually keep most of this equipment on until I’m well into the Imperial Age.

1 Like

Thanks for this! I tried it out today too on my level 40 mage, works great so far. Luckily I had almost all the uniques sitting around already.

I’m wondering if and when this dodge strategy falls off. You mention level 50? I’m currently at 49, and it seems to be more or less still going well. I added some additional dodge to keep at the 75% range, wondering if that will still hold in the later levels.

Dodge stays very relevant in endgame, but you will need to replace the uniques with crafted gear after you finish the campaign as you’ll need other defensive layers like Glancing Blow and Crit Avoidance.

Endgame gearing mostly revolves around multi layer defence with set affixes.

2 Likes

Great advices here, nice summary.

The only downside of this method is, you need to move affixes from uniques to the new gear you need to build from scratch, when you’re entering endgame. And dodge is not the 1st layer of defense you will need. So at one point you need to start switching your gear to slowly build it towards your endgame build.

That’s the reason why I don’t focus on uniques and dodge as a defensive mechanic for story but on stacking vitality, armor and flat elemental protections. That’s 3 affixed that can be balanced quite good. And the conversion to endgame gear is smoother, if you don’t already own the endgame gear for your build.

Keepers gloves is a very nice item for early game on a melee char. The bees it procs on hit do quite a good amount of damage and also pull aggro.

1 Like

You’re correct, but normally you have some gold or gear on your first character so you can speed up the gearing process for your alt.

This is also a 100% legit strategy, but I prefer to not worry about my gear during the campaign and just reach endgame. I can then start crafting my gear with higher level bases or with some items that I prepared in advance.

1 Like

Thanks for this! I’m an altoholic and I have been searching for a fast way to go through the campaign. Great write up!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.