This game should be NOTHING like PoE, Grim Dawn or Diablo 3, stop mentioning those~!

Possibly, but Warcraft wasn’t remastered by Blizz, they farmed it out & I thought the D2 remaster was being done in-house (because of the dumpster fire that was warcraft 2).

Edit: But I think people would be a lot more cautious with D2.

As far as leaks go, D2 Ressurected will be done by Asian developers, that’s why fans expected the trailer for d2 Ressurected to be shown at Chinajoy 2020, but alas all we got was Immortal trailer…

To keep up with all the leaks founds online, check Rhykker on youtube, he makes a weekly episodes for ARPG news and is focused on d2 remaster quite a lot

Oh, :frowning: sad Llama… But surely given the clusterfuck that was War2, surely Blizz would make sure a D2 remaster wasn’t?

Rhykker is where I get most of my Blizz news & why I thought D2 was being done internally.

Blizzard has lost so much faith from me that I can’t even give them that much benefit of the doubt…

3 Likes

People only praise diablo 2 for nostalgia reasons. I never played it back in the day but I tried it recently and it’s nowhere near as good as diablo 3. It just feels slow and clunky. They made some mistakes with D3 but it eventually became one of the best ARPGs around. A lot of people are stuck in the past and can’t accept that the genre has moved in a new direction.

1 Like

You really don’t want to say that here :smiley:

Anyway, I disagree with you. I know when my nostalgia gets me, I know it everytime, when I am leveling new character in WoW and I listen to iconic soundtrack of Durotar or Barrens. But not in case of Diablo 2.

For me, Diablo 3 is not even in top 5 ARPGs, but D2 definitely is. I know it’s old, I know combat is clunky and I know abilities are not balanced and there are many mechanics, which can be abused, however itemization, which is the main reason, why I am playing these games (aside of character progression) is still unmatched by D3 …and many other ARPGs on market. Too bad I know every single item and possibility in the game, so there is no surprise anymore.

Of course you disagree with me, what I said is blasphemy around here. There’s a small (but vocal) group of players that you always find on the forums of in-development ARPGs trying to turn it into Diablo 2. Come release day when the rest of the playerbase joins we will see what the majority of people want. And it’s not slow, clunky gameplay from 20 years ago I can assure you.

Diablo 3 was huge success, however RoS was not - by sold copies.

Fact, that PoE is beating crap out of D3 since it’s release pretty much tells you, what players want. I think you are part of vocal minority buddy.

Since we don’t know the number of active players in Diablo 3 you can’t make that claim. Expansions never sell as well as the main game. it will be interesting to see how Diablo 4 sells though.

PoE has only reached its current success by moving further away from Diablo 2. Just look how the speed of the game has increased since launch. In the beginning they listened to the D2 fanboys but the game was much smaller/niche back then.

Yea, and speed of the game is cited as one of the main issue of the game by devs. They have said during last exilecon, that it’s tricky, because on one hand many people seems to enjoy the game, but also slowing game down is also one of the most requested thing, so it seems eve PoE community is split here. Let’s see what will they do.

But again, speed wise, I prefer D3 over PoE. But itemization and character progression in D3 is far behind…not just to PoE. Also, PoE was niche, because it was presented in time of D3 and TL2 release, it was not on steam and pace of PoE was off since the beginning. The difference was the insane pace was not reached by level 20 like today, but around level 50.

Also, you are starting to make things up so stop with that. They said itemization and character progression is inspired by D2 and they want to build upon in, but pace of combat was never ever inspired by D2. In alpha, they actually said that D2 combat has several problems, they want to solve.

1 Like

Don’t worry, he was banned for, like, a week, we’ve still got a few days to bring about the End Times with our heretical utterances.

1 Like

I’ve never been banned from this forum? I think you’re confusing me with someone else.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to when you say I’m making things up. What I said about PoE was based on my experience from playing it since the beta and watching it evolve over the years. Slowing it down is the number one most requested thing because of the small vocal minority I was talking about. Meanwhile the game is as popular as ever after the speed changes which is why they will not change it.

The number of people on the forum is significantly smaller than the number of people who play. It may be less of a difference in beta/early access because the more hardcore/passionate fans post more, but over the next few years the number of players will grow significantly faster than the number of posters.

Yes, zoom zoom flashy flashy. If the people who want LE to be like D2 aren’t in the minority now, they will be later. Maybe not on release, but sooner or later.

Yup, I’m talking about the OP, who would go on a virulent tirade if you didn’t worship at the altar of D2 or uttered such heresies as “other games aren’t unmitigated ****”.

Edit: hahaha! Multi-posting on a phone! Verily have I not won the internet!?

1 Like

Zoom zoom flashy flashy is not very popular even on PoE forums and I don’t think this will be very requested here. On the other hand, we already had threads about slowing the game down.

But I guess “like Diablo 2” argument is too wide and it means different things for different people. For me being “Diablo 2 like” is about good itemization, meaningful character progression and not about pace of combat, but some people may see it differently.

1 Like

I’m sure that is true, but the people on the forum are a small minority of the total players (& it’s likely a minority of those forumites that are complaining about it). There’s probably a few thousand active posters on the PoE forums, league starts have somewhere around 30k-40k players on steam (plus however many use the standalone client and the console players). So even if it’s 1k people complaining about the state of the game, that’s still a small minority.

Absolutely.

It’s actually a bit different I believe. Only handful of people interact on forums and social media from whole community, but it does not mean who don’t interact disagree with the “interacting minority”. Quite a opposite according some studies. While I doubt this could be used in general sense, but in many cases “vocal minority” and “silent majority” is a myth.

Only handful of people were whining on forum (number wise from whole playerbase) in case like Anthem, Fallout 76 or even Diablo 3, yet we know what happen with “majority”.

I say it does make sense. Even on this forum, we are pretty much split 50:50 in many different topics, which would also explain, why both more causal and less casual ARPGs are super popular. Naturally, people from each group are trying to swing the game design pendulum on their side (and that’s fine)

I know, but if people don’t contribute & tell devs their thoughts on a subject, the devs won’t know. Maybe the majority of the LE community that doesn’t post does like mana & respecs how they are at the moment, maybe they don’t, but we can’t know because they don’t say. Maybe they would really like LE to be a MOBA instead.

Yeah, but those “silent majority” that stop playing because they think the game is **** are communicating with the devs in a way. If the devs made a change & then the playerbase dropped off a cliff, it’s probably a reasonable assumption to make that the change wasn’t received well.

Oh… I see, you guys have no clue, because…

I am the (inofficial, unselected, unsolicited) representative of the silent majority of the LE community. 》tada《 :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Source? I’m assuming you have sales figures, income statements, etc. and not just the opinion of an unusually loud group of what the Internet would likely term “fanboys”, or your own personal bias?

Disclaimer: I like PoE. I’m just asking for demonstrable proof of this “fact”.

I play and enjoy D3, and I play and enjoy PoE. (I also play and enjoy many other ARPGs. It’s one of my favorite genres.) In my personal experience, PoE fans are some of the most, well…fanatical, about their preferred game. They may even be louder than the “but D2 tho” crowd. I find the fanaticism exhausting, personally.

There are things about both D3 and PoE I wouldn’t mind seeing in LE, but I don’t want to see them copy-pasted in. I want LE to make them their own. There are things I liked about D2 as well.

D2’s itemization is great. D3’s combat is satisfying as hell. PoE’s crafting system has so much potential.

There are also things I don’t like about all three games. D2’s stamina bar could die in a fire. D3’s 150 different difficulty levels and set-bonus-based design with 5-digit damage multipliers is just silly. PoE’s love of one-shot mechanics because “otherwise players can be immortal” makes me roll my eyes.

Let’s look at the things I really enjoy about LE in its current state, since the OP wants LE to be its own thing:

• I actually like the story. I listen to every quest. I don’t roll tons of characters like some folks so I’m sure that’ll eventually drop off, but right now I still listen to everything.
  • I LOVE the soundtrack.
  • The nod to Chrono Trigger is freaking awesome. I can’t wait to see how the game further develops.
  • I enjoy the fact that combat doesn’t tend to consist of screens full of monsters, and especially early on, you actually need to watch mechanics. My first character learned really quick that standing in or failing to dodge certain things was painful, and this is a GOOD thing in my opinion.
  • I like the crafting system. I like the idea of being able to break items down into their component parts and use those parts to craft something else. It reminds me of augment/enchanting systems you can find in other games. I love the control over being able to customize your gear.

I think it’s less about wanting to turn games into D2 (or PoE, since that’s what I’ve seen more of) and more wanting to find a game that carves out its own niche and stays true to it rather than trying to capture mass-market appeal, but I reserve the right to be wrong here since this is only my opinion.

1 Like