This game needs a loot filter yesterday

The “overhead” of data is soo low that it wouldn’t have a big impact on the network performance, especially not on the server side. This is only a problem in the POE client because the amount of loot is just ridiculous.

In general the concept of loot filters is really useful and imo POE and Grim Dawn are really good examples.

But I totally agree that “smart loot” would really improve this game and makes loot filter less necessary (see my post above)

2 Likes

I don’t know really what to tell you, if you give a mere QoL Feature more importancy than actual Content or Gameplay-Mechanics. I mean it’s not like i’m that interested in Rogue either, or let’s i most likely see myself get more use out of a Loot-Filter than a new class, due the classes which interests me primarly, are already in. I argue here in a pure objective and factual point of view. I mean Multiplayer is something which a lot of folks love about ARPGs, even further down it was a core aspect and origin of the Genre to begin with. The core-idea behind Diablo-Esque Games was to deliever an action-paced dungeon-crawler with emphasis of Multiplayer (Battle(dot)net). And you want to tell me a feature like “Lootfilters”… which is a more recent QoL addition, and thousand up to millions of gamers enjoyed ARPG’s back than even without out, is more important than a core-aspect of the Genre? Get a grip. And about the class, how would you feel if you can’t play the class which you are geniunly interested in and even might bought the game for it, and than you read in the official forum about a OP with his spoiled attitude, and act like a mere QoL Feature is more important and impactfull than a whole new Class or a Game-Mechanic.

This, i’m surely not someone who would say no about a (proper) Lootfilter. I regularly even use it in Grim Dawn, which have gotten a pretty good one later in one of their Updates. I myself wouldn’t complain about EHG surprise us and say next update we’ll get Lootfilter.

My problem with this topic is, that Topics like this sounds pretty spoiled, considering we’re still talking about a Early Access Game, and many core features and content is still missing. Diablo 2 Fans could play over 12 Years without a lootfilter, but now it’s handled like the life matters on it to have such a QoL Functionality.

1 Like

Any new on the lootfilter ?

It is the only thing keeping me away from playing LE right now. I leveled up several 65+, but managing all that loot is really bothersome.

There was a quote somewhere from one of the devs on discord that their vision of a loot filter would be somewhat like the loot filter in Grim Dawn. Found it:

Though I think we’ve also had a comment from one of the devs here, but I can’t find it (not that it was much).

Yeah something like the grim dawn one would be really nice.

Maybe with more functions like the rainbow mod that the community made, which made affixes coloured, making it easy to read and understand the different mods.

1 Like

I’m hoping they let us directly choose which affixes we want to see, just tick all the ones we want and only items with at least one (or 2, 3, etc) of those affixes are visible.

However the Grim Dawn Loot Filter basically has that with its Damage and Character parts of the Filter so it would probably be nearly perfect.

I’d also like to be able to pick which affixes to highlight, but if all we would be able to select was a broad category (eg, defence instead of the “set” affixes) it won’t be sufficient. I have many hundreds of the protections and glancing blow shards, what I want to highlight is the set glancing blow and xxx damage taken as physical affixes.

1 Like

Directly choosing which affixes I want to see is basically the only part of the loot filter I plan to use, so hopefully that will be implemented instead of the more broad damage types etc from Grim Dawns Filter.

I paid for this game, us players give the devs a job basically and im spoiled for wanting a loot filter? your reply was on 4/6/20 its now 27/7/20…still no loot filters

Sorry im not jobless and locked down probably like you with infinite time, I work 11 hour days and don’t want to scan loot for affixes when the game can simply highlight them

3 Likes

Yeah. I am sure everybody else here has no job and is enjoying reading through the affixes of every item that drops.

Very good argument.

And you paid some money for playing EA? Makes you unique among us other players. I guess the rest of us got free keys.

2 Likes

needed the DAY BEFORE yesterday.

2 Likes

I agree this is a much needed feature!!

2 Likes

It’s on their list of things to do. How they prioritise their workload is entirely up to them.

I’d love a decent skill dps tab (& for Smite to be able to proc ailments outside of it’s skill tree), but that’s also on their list of things to do so all we can do is wait, not have a go at each other.

It’s annoying, but you’ll survive (the lack of a loot filter is annoying, not your on-going survival).

1 Like

If this were true… there wouldn’t be a feedback and suggestions category then would there?

Are you 11th hour games community rep?

What else can’t we request?

I think that all he means is that we just don’t have the right to demand any particular feature in any particular order. I’m sure EHG would re-arrange the delivery if they wanted to / thought it would be a good idea / etc.

We can request, suggest & complain about anything & everything.

1 Like

And it would also be their choice to change the priority, and perhaps a thread like this could be the impetus to bring about a loot filter sooner than they had planned. If not, at least some frustrated players got a chance to vent.

2 Likes

Stating they have an internal priority is a bad argument because they encourage feedback and suggestions to see which features and to which degree they’re wanted. They actively incentivize us to challenge their internal priority. But yes, while we have the ability to sway their judgement, the final call is theirs.

3 Likes

I don’t see any sense in arguing about priorities. If you follow the topic there’s already enough incentive to release a lootfilter asap. But is has to work properly. And if releasing the lootfilter now would mean they have to do further adjustments to the game later with upcoming changes they would not need if they release it later.

There is a reason why there is no lootfilter implemented currently. They are not holding it back to make fun of us.

Are you that deep involved in the development of LE that you can set priorities and know all their results for the rest of the dev team and their internal schedules? I doubt that. So why not leave it to the pros - the devs with the insider knowledge about their product, current state, and schedule.

If they would prioritize things like players want it to be I guess release would be in 2023.

Nope. I am just a guy that has a lot of experience with project management. And I know that the priority of a customer is not always the best way to plan a project. I don’t need to be anyones representative to use my common sense.

I just imagine the shitstorm when LE releases without chapter 9, rogue class or half if the skilltrees missing.

Players: “Wtf! This game isn’t ready! Why did you release it unfinished?”

EHG: “Well, we had to push it out because of financial reasons. Ok, we lack a bit of content. But we have a loot filter. We had that lootfilter in EA already. Isn’t that cool?”

I guess all the players that buy the game at release will give you full support on the issue that you need a lootfilter during EA.

There won’t be many people buying the game if they knew the lootfilter was only implemented 4 weeks before release. Sure there won’t be many people anyways that buy the game in release.

NOW is the time to shine. Player base is already there. We need to implement the lootfilter asap. If we lose the 25 people that quit playing EA because if the lootfilter the game will fail. They won’t ever come back, even if the lootfilter is implemented later. This will never make up for the inconvenience during EA when there was no loot filter.

3 Likes

The last couple of paragraphs of that was sarcasm wasn’t it? :confused:

2 Likes

I really dislike the general tone of alot of people here.

I think most of us agree on that a lootfilter is a great QoL feature, for some it’s vital and they don’t play the game as much or don’t even touch the game at all and for some it’s just a “QoL feature”, but they’re enjoy the game nontheless.

But people come here and using such an demanding tone (i mean look at the threads name…) is just inappropriate in my opinion.

Sure having discussions on the forum is a great way for the devs to see what priorities their community has, but it is and should be 100% up to them to decide when which feature in which order comes.
And i am pretty sure over the course of the development time they already changed some feature release order internally, depending on feedback/responses. (maybe i am wrong but that’s what i think of when looking at the great community work EHG is doing)

But if such a feature as Lootfilter is implemented, i personally want it to be great and not just some placeholder stuff.

Also we all don’t know what upcoming features/changes EHG still has planned and maybe there are very good reasons they didn’t implemented a lootfilter yet, they can’t talk about at the moment.

3 Likes