This game needs a loot filter yesterday

I don’t see any sense in arguing about priorities. If you follow the topic there’s already enough incentive to release a lootfilter asap. But is has to work properly. And if releasing the lootfilter now would mean they have to do further adjustments to the game later with upcoming changes they would not need if they release it later.

There is a reason why there is no lootfilter implemented currently. They are not holding it back to make fun of us.

Are you that deep involved in the development of LE that you can set priorities and know all their results for the rest of the dev team and their internal schedules? I doubt that. So why not leave it to the pros - the devs with the insider knowledge about their product, current state, and schedule.

If they would prioritize things like players want it to be I guess release would be in 2023.

Nope. I am just a guy that has a lot of experience with project management. And I know that the priority of a customer is not always the best way to plan a project. I don’t need to be anyones representative to use my common sense.

I just imagine the shitstorm when LE releases without chapter 9, rogue class or half if the skilltrees missing.

Players: “Wtf! This game isn’t ready! Why did you release it unfinished?”

EHG: “Well, we had to push it out because of financial reasons. Ok, we lack a bit of content. But we have a loot filter. We had that lootfilter in EA already. Isn’t that cool?”

I guess all the players that buy the game at release will give you full support on the issue that you need a lootfilter during EA.

There won’t be many people buying the game if they knew the lootfilter was only implemented 4 weeks before release. Sure there won’t be many people anyways that buy the game in release.

NOW is the time to shine. Player base is already there. We need to implement the lootfilter asap. If we lose the 25 people that quit playing EA because if the lootfilter the game will fail. They won’t ever come back, even if the lootfilter is implemented later. This will never make up for the inconvenience during EA when there was no loot filter.

3 Likes

The last couple of paragraphs of that was sarcasm wasn’t it? :confused:

2 Likes

I really dislike the general tone of alot of people here.

I think most of us agree on that a lootfilter is a great QoL feature, for some it’s vital and they don’t play the game as much or don’t even touch the game at all and for some it’s just a “QoL feature”, but they’re enjoy the game nontheless.

But people come here and using such an demanding tone (i mean look at the threads name…) is just inappropriate in my opinion.

Sure having discussions on the forum is a great way for the devs to see what priorities their community has, but it is and should be 100% up to them to decide when which feature in which order comes.
And i am pretty sure over the course of the development time they already changed some feature release order internally, depending on feedback/responses. (maybe i am wrong but that’s what i think of when looking at the great community work EHG is doing)

But if such a feature as Lootfilter is implemented, i personally want it to be great and not just some placeholder stuff.

Also we all don’t know what upcoming features/changes EHG still has planned and maybe there are very good reasons they didn’t implemented a lootfilter yet, they can’t talk about at the moment.

3 Likes

Look, you misunderstand almost everything I said.

1. I’m not looking to argue priorities. I said suggesting they have priorities as an argument to dissuade people from showing their enthusiasm for a feature is not a good argument. You fail to realize that they need to hear from their community to help establish a priority.

2. No one is asking for an incomplete lootfilter just so their bloodlust can be sated. That would be asinine. About as asinine as it is to suggest that any one of us feel they have one and are intentionally holding it back “to make fun of us”.

3. I don’t think you understand how they would go about making their list of priorities. Theres many variables: can this be done with current tech, how long does this take, do we need to outsource, how much of an impact does it have on the polish of our game, is it essential to other features, how much will this cost us, how sought after is this feature? And guess what, how do they reference that last question? Dingdingding! That’s right, the volume and density of threads requesting that feature on their very own public forum! It’s a basic cost/benefit analysis, they’re buying future sales of the game and player retention with their resources, time and effort. To make that cost/benefit analysis they need to know the impact it will have on their community!

4. When did I ever suggest I was involved with LE development in any capacity? You still fail to understand the core concept at play here. And… in the next breath you choose to take a guess at a release date as if you, now, are part of the LE dev team? yikes…

2 Likes

This quibbling really is exhausting.

I get that. All I say is that setting priorities based on player feedback is not exactly what is best for the whole project. No matter how frequently something is requested. Sometimes it makes no sense to bring a feature forward because in the end this may cause increased effort. I don’t know if this is the case. But I assume it is. Because what reason would there be to not implement a lootfilter right now (besides the fact that it may be not ready for release).

Common, really?? This was a hyperbolic comment. I am aware that in reality nobody wrote “They are making fun of us!”

That’s exactly what I think they do. I assume they already did that and decided that it’s not useful to just directly implement a lootfilter just based on frequent demand. To use your words: I think you fail to understand that customer demand is not the most important aspect to base decisions on. We don’t know insider information. So how could we judge the current process and pretend to know that a lootfilter right now is so desperately needed.

Yeah, again a hyperbolic comment of me. I swear, I know you’re not involved with LE development. You obviously fail to understand anything what I said.

Your opinion doesn’t really differ from mine. The only difference is that you think that player demand is most important while I think it’s not. The rest is very similar.

1 Like

It is:

IMO, this thread has run it’s course/usefulness (if there was any to begin with) & could probably do with being closed. I believe the devs know that the community want a loot filter asap & we’ll get one when it’s done.

2 Likes

That’s not it at all. I’ve tried to say it to you multiple times now, and yes it’s getting exhausting.

I don’t think the player demand is most important. What I think is important(not most important, just important) is that players are allowed to express to what degree they want to see a feature implemented, even if to go so far as to express that this feature should have been in yesterday. And that that expression, and to the degree it is expressed, is important to be seen by the devs so that they can weigh that against all of the other factors in where to place this in their priority list.

So you coming in to say “Lootfilter is coming before release. Just not done, yet.
It’s EHGs choice to prioritize their tasks internally.” is asinine. All you’re doing with that statement is trying to shut down discourse. And I don’t mean between users, I mean between the users and the devs. You were literally the first reply and have been fighting this to the last reply. Hello?

1. you’ve asserted that it’s already on the way, this is already public knowledge and has little bearing in thread begging the current timeline be reconsidered

2. you assert EHG choose the priority of their tasks internally, this is already known, otherwise we would be having bi-monthly polls on which project to tackle next. Again this is feedback and feedback is part of their decision making process, and the state of the game is fluid. What once was acceptable in a person’s eyes to wait for months ago, may not be so now.

2 Likes

Even if i don’t agree on everything you said, this is indeed a valid point, i have to give you that.
The discussion between you and @XLVI_carpo has some good points overall, but that single argument you stated there is the single most important one i think. Even if we know that a feature is coming already, talking about it and expressing what you want this feature to be is still very important for the devs.

Main problem here i think is that many people don’t give any valueable feedback, how they want the lootfitler to be implemented, and just stating that they want a(ny) loot filter.
On top of that, people express what they want very poorly/harsh, which for me is the biggest gripe.

So in that sense i wanna highlight some thing for some valuable feedback regarding lootfilter:

1. I would like to have a very basic function for very basic offensive/defensive/class specific stuff, similar to Grim Dawn, where you can just tick several boxes and any item that has any affix with those categories is shown, everything else is not visible.

2. Together with No.1 i would like to have a more advanced setting where i can set, that items need to have at least X amount of matching stats(not certain affixes)

3. And finally i would like to have a very advanced and detailed thing where i can highlight certain affixes

1 Like

First, please don’t call my posts asinine. This would be very kind of you.

99% of the posts on this topic are not expressing in any degree how a lootfilter should look like. This topic barely gives any valid feedback about a lootfilter. Also not one of your posts does either. You are just arguing with me about phrasing for the only purpose to show how smart you are.

Where is your high quality feedback on the topic?

Maybe one or two people gave some feedback about their vision of lootfilters. The rest is just complaining that there is none currently. So as the OP did in the original thread I answered to in the first place.

3 Likes

I call it like I see it, it is what it is. As an aside, that isn’t a reflection upon you, just the stance you took at the start of this thread. So don’t take it too personally.

Again you are sorely missing the point of letting a thread like this flourish. If players trust that when the devs say they will bring a “robust loot filter”, then clearly they don’t need to make suggestions on how it will be made. My only assertion has ever been its important for the devs to hear to what degree people are currently wanting this feature. Now, if someone cares enough about how it should be implemented, obviously they’ll post those thoughts. But that isn’t even the focus of the thread, if you read the OP. He made a point of saying Yesterday, clearly the focus is time until implementation, in any form.

Again, that would because that’s not my concern. You see the disconnect here, don’t you? You have to separate them.

The entire point should only be that players are trying to share their level of anticipation for this feature, in hopes that it can be fast-tracked over less anticipated features; an expression toward the devs, not to you. Yet for some reason you feel the need to try to shut it down before even one reply was made. Do you have such a grudge against the op or something?

2 Likes

Personally I moved on from the game as it is easily the worst loot system of any loot driven game I have played. Loot filter might have gotten me to stay, but probably not for long.
As the gear that drops is just utter garbage (I would check almost all items that drop since no loot filter) Game is way to geared towards having to craft your gear for a loot driven game.
Now this is just my opinion, so they can continue to focus their loot driven game through the crafting system (as it’s their game)

PoE & D3 say hello (though clearly D3 doesn’t have much in the way of crafting since the end game gear is all uniques or sets).

Clean it up or I’m shutting it down.

3 Likes

Imo poe is way better then this. All items i use in poe i have had drop for me (except for a few Uniques that I have traded for). And I rarely ever craft in POE other then to add an affix here an there. I’ve Never played D3 as I don’t care for its art style so cant comment on it.

I would like to add that there is something coming in the next patch that might making some people here a little happier.

7 Likes

Smite being fixed?

1 Like

Yes but that’s not what I’m referring to.

2 Likes

While PoE and LE both have a crafting system, they are both very different(Of course PoE has alot more different crafts available, due to being out for years).

But on a more basic level LE’s crafting system is an intricate part of the “loot-spiral”. LE’s crafting system is pretty straight forward and offers something for each and every player, from casual to min-maxing addict.

While PoE basically just has dozens of different crafts for very specific situations.(and alot of those do not get used by a majority of the player base)

Don’t wanna sound like i don’t want you to play or enjoy LE, but i am not sure if LE is the right game for you if you don’t like the crafting. I mean LE’s crafting system is not finished yet, but i doubt that the focus on that system shifts very much.

1 Like

If he doesn’t like crafting, I’m surprised he enjoys PoE’s loot. There’s a lot more in PoE’s loot & the crafting bench makes it easy to add a single affix to “fix” an item (be that an attribute or a resistance), but so much of PoE is about taking a piece of gear that drops then crafting the crap out of it so it’s good/better/etc.

But life is too short to play games one doesn’t enjoy, if sfbistimg enjoys PoE, more power to him.

1 Like

I get the point of @sfbistimg. If you play a lot you get used to it. But at the very first beginning it’s hard to find the good loot, you need. The amount of different affixes makes it hard to find a combination that has 4 affixed that fit your build.

When I start a new character i buy some gear at the first vendor, play till council chamber and start gambling for items with 2 usable stats. These items I take with me for a long time, untill I get better bases to am item fractures too early.

To be honest, I barely find items I want to use. If some of them have a good affix, most of the time the combination of affixes is making an item “unusable” and I only pick it up for shattering.

So without the crafting system the itemisation with this many affixes all rolling random would not work very well, I think.

Every affix that is not supporting any of your class mechanics feels like a waste. This is because there are less affixes on an item possible so you always have that opportunity cost if you use gear with affixes you don’t benefit from. Using these slots for better affixes will boost your char. For example you need that set CB slot on you rings exactly for CB. If you have a nice ring with 4 really cool stats it doesn’t matter. At the end you need not only a nice ring but a ring with exactly Set CB and Set ER.

I never found a ring with this combination till today.

A lootfilter might have helped. But the point is that how itemisation works right now it relies on crafting soooooo much.

1 Like